• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

passes dropped

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link does help understand the criteria but at the end of the day it is still a subjective stat. I cant argue the point that the receivers are payed to catch but when everybody is dropping passes, I have a hard time thinking its a coincidence.

Ill also point out that even though I never mentioned the QB, everybody knew who I was talking about. While the reason for that could be that I am not talking to a bunch of 3rd graders, it could also be that my accusation is not completely unfounded and there is truth to my point.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all watched the games. There were A LOT of drops that were not even a little bit on Kap, the receiver just flat-out dropped very catchable balls.

:agree: There were numerous passes by Kaep that hit the receivers' hands and they dropped them. It was a bad year overall by the offense, except for Gore.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: There were numerous passes by Kaep that hit the receivers' hands and they dropped them. It was a bad year overall by the offense, except for Gore.

I agree. He's the Niners' starting QB and is subject to intense scrutiny, but blaming him for the drops is really reaching, especially considering the criteria posted by FourBeeDen.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He's the Niners' starting QB and is subject to intense scrutiny, but blaming him for the drops is really reaching, especially considering the criteria posted by FourBeeDen.

I'm not reaching at all. If catching is what the WRs are paid to do, isnt it the QBs job to complete passes? If your all of your receivers are dropping passes maybe you should change up your method.

And again, that link is subjective. Who is making the judgement that a dropped pass was purely on the reciever? Lets get that guy out there to catch one of Kaeps zingers and see how he fares.

Yes, I know that some of this is on the WRs but to me its mostly on Kaep. The thread I am assuming was made to discuss the many drops by our guys this year and I am just adding my thoughts on the subject and to me the cause is plain as day.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not reaching at all. If catching is what the WRs are paid to do, isnt it the QBs job to complete passes? If your all of your receivers are dropping passes maybe you should change up your method.

And again, that link is subjective. Who is making the judgement that a dropped pass was purely on the reciever? Lets get that guy out there to catch one of Kaeps zingers and see how he fares.

Yes, I know that some of this is on the WRs but to me its mostly on Kaep. The thread I am assuming was made to discuss the many drops by our guys this year and I am just adding my thoughts on the subject and to me the cause is plain as day.

Objectively, there is just no way the drops this year were mostly on Kaepernick. Crabtree, Boldin, and Davis all dropped balls that were not bullets that hit their hands. Boldin had four drops in 2013, so saying it's primarily on the QB is silly. He had four drops in the NO game alone, and they were all flat-out drops, not near-misses on particularly challenging passes.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objectively, there is just no way the drops this year were mostly on Kaepernick. Crabtree, Boldin, and Davis all dropped balls that were not bullets that hit their hands. Boldin had four drops in 2013, so saying it's primarily on the QB is silly. He had four drops in the NO game alone, and they were all flat-out drops, not near-misses on particularly challenging passes.

I do remember the NO game and I remember people talking about how the receivers were dropping a lot of passes and I can remember the passes in question, and I am sticking to my guns. I dont think those were just flat out drops on Boldin. One maybe two ok, but I remember a couple of them being just as much on Kaep. Rocket passes on short to intermediate routes and the placement was not good.

I wont argue about the should have been TD that Boldin dropped, that was on him, but the others from what I remember were not easy to catch.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:whistle:

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember the NO game and I remember people talking about how the receivers were dropping a lot of passes and I can remember the passes in question, and I am sticking to my guns. I dont think those were just flat out drops on Boldin. One maybe two ok, but I remember a couple of them being just as much on Kaep. Rocket passes on short to intermediate routes and the placement was not good.

I wont argue about the should have been TD that Boldin dropped, that was on him, but the others from what I remember were not easy to catch.

the niners went from 4.6 to 5.2 drop percentage, 25 this year 19 last year, same qb and same receivers, and by the criteria they go by to constitute a dropped pass it all goes on the wr, quit trying to put it on kap just because you don't like him, you don't put ints on wrs who drop passes that get intercepted it goes on the qb.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the niners went from 4.6 to 5.2 drop percentage, 25 this year 19 last year, same qb and same receivers, and by the criteria they go by to constitute a dropped pass it all goes on the wr, quit trying to put it on kap just because you don't like him, you don't put ints on wrs who drop passes that get intercepted it goes on the qb.

I am not puting anything on Kaep because I dont like him. Again too big a coincidence to ignore. Maybe you should stop blindly defending him. :noidea:

You are saying he doesnt throw the ball like a rocket? How many times have you heard a commentator point out how hard and fast Kaep throws the football? And you think that none of this has an impact on receivers ability to catch the ball?

And no, the interceptions blame goes on the QB, but if somebody made a thread called 'Interceptions' and it was pointing out a certain amount of ints a QB had, somebody could then argue why the int count was so high and point out how WRs had run the wrong route or ints when the ball was batted up in the air by a wr and then got intercepted and the person making the argument might have a good point depending on the situation.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not puting anything on Kaep because I dont like him. Again too big a coincidence to ignore. Maybe you should stop blindly defending him. :noidea:

You are saying he doesnt throw the ball like a rocket? How many times have you heard a commentator point out how hard and fast Kaep throws the football? And you think that none of this has an impact on receivers ability to catch the ball?

And no, the interceptions blame goes on the QB, but if somebody made a thread called 'Interceptions' and it was pointing out a certain amount of ints a QB had, somebody could then argue why the int count was so high and point out how WRs had run the wrong route or ints when the ball was batted up in the air by a wr and then got intercepted and the person making the argument might have a good point depending on the situation.

Wow, if anyone's been blind on this thread, it's you. Perhaps you still don't understand the criteria for the dropped pass stat or you don't believe the link that was posted. Which one is it?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if anyone's been blind on this thread, it's you. Perhaps you still don't understand the criteria for the dropped pass stat or you don't believe the link that was posted. Which one is it?

Maybe I should do a better job of clarifying my stance. I am saying that Kaepernick throws the ball really hard and fast with little to no touch, thus making it difficult for the receiver to catch leading to more drops. Not saying every drop is on Kaepernick! when I said that it was sometimes on the receiver but mostly on kaep, it was a poor choice of wording by me.

Also you must not be paying attention to what I said about the description of the stat in the link. I said if we are going off of what the link said then the whole dropped ball stat is subjective. What about that dont you understand? Clearly the dropped ball stat is based off of opinion, therefore the dropped ball stat is subjective.

And if he is going to say that my opinion is only based off of my hate for kaep, then the same can be said for his love for kaep. Is that not fair?