• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pascal Siakam or Brandon Ingram

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Siakam all day. Anyone who chose Ingram in this thread is clearly an idiot.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Lakers basically pick Ingram over Leonard during the past off-season?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Lakers basically pick Ingram over Leonard during the past off-season?

Is this even a real question?

Of course not.

No one was going to be able to give the Spurs equal value to Kawhi.

The Lakers had kids and picks. That would have been good if the Spurs were looking to rebuild. But Pop is close enough to the end of his career that he's not looking to rebuild.

Add to that the fact that the Spurs weren't exactly happy with how Kawhi handled things and Pop wasn't sending him where he wanted to go, especially not to the Lakers.

If the Spurs were looking to rebuild, then they may have taken the Lakers offer which almost certainly would have included Ingram.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. That was kind of the narrative in some sources, basically claiming that the Lakers were willing to trade some assets but that the Spurs asked for Ingram and the Lakers didn't accept it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things being equal? Siakam

Depending on where your team is I can see it either way. I think it is fair to say Ingram has a higher ceiling, but no guarantee he reaches it.

If you are the Warrior/Rockets/Raptors level team, you take the guy that helps you win right now. If you are the Timberwolves you could argue to take Ingram. He will get you the better pick, and you still have the lottery ticket of his potential.......but if you are the Wolves you give Ingram the max contract before he reaches his potential and then he becomes the death of your flexibility, and you sit there screaming into the void as you watch KAT heading towards an inevitable exit as your front offices incompetence continues to tear down the last of your hope, leaving you a husk, broken, defeated, despondent. KAAAAAAAHHHHNNNN!!!!!!!!!! and/or THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBBBSSSSS!!!!!!!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. That was kind of the narrative in some sources, basically claiming that the Lakers were willing to trade some assets but that the Spurs asked for Ingram and the Lakers didn't accept it.

I don't know what source said that. I don't think that whatever talks there may have been ever got very far because Pop wasn't giving Kawhi what he wanted and he damn sure wasn't going to help out the Lakers.

Of course, if the Lakers could have gotten Kawhi without giving up Ingram, they'd have preferred that.

But if the talks had ever gotten far enough to actually be serious, I'm sure the Spurs would have demanded Ingram and the Lakers would have relented and sent him.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, a lot of offseason BS I’m sure. Pop wasn’t willing to deal with the Lakers anyway, unless he received a ransom.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this even a real question?

Of course not.

No one was going to be able to give the Spurs equal value to Kawhi.

The Lakers had kids and picks. That would have been good if the Spurs were looking to rebuild. But Pop is close enough to the end of his career that he's not looking to rebuild.

Add to that the fact that the Spurs weren't exactly happy with how Kawhi handled things and Pop wasn't sending him where he wanted to go, especially not to the Lakers.

If the Spurs were looking to rebuild, then they may have taken the Lakers offer which almost certainly would have included Ingram.
he is probably referring to the fact that the Lakers refused to include Ingram in any offer they made for Leonard and instead offered like Kuzma and Hart and some picks becuase they are the Lakers and teams must bow to them or that mightve been the Paul George deal actually

regardless, Pop was NEVEr gonna trade Leonard there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is probably referring to the fact that the Lakers refused to include Ingram in any offer they made for Leonard and instead offered like Kuzma and Hart and some picks becuase they are the Lakers and teams must bow to them or that mightve been the Paul George deal actually

regardless, Pop was NEVEr gonna trade Leonard there.

Actually, according to Bleacher Report, the Lakers did offer Ingram. He was part of a "Godfather Offer" they made in June.

Kawhi Leonard Trade Rumors: Lakers Present Spurs with a 'Godfather' Offer

I don't know how credible the writer is, but he referenced credible sources.

To be fair, the article isn't clear if an offer including Ingram was actually ever officially made. It's listed as one of the options.

End of the day though, as you said, Pop wasn't sending Kawhi to the Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakim by a long mile.

Ingram could still become an All-Star level player but he is in a tough situation and is starting to show a bit of an injury problem.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakim by a long mile.

Ingram could still become an All-Star level player but he is in a tough situation and is starting to show a bit of an injury problem.

That's my biggest concern with him. He's played well enough, in long enough stretches to show that he can be an all star level player.

But he's missed 53 games over the past 2 seasons. This year was kind of a fluke thing that supposedly is taken care of and isn't likely to recur.

But missing a lot of games is missing a lot of games whether it's fluke injuries or common ones.

2 seasons isn't enough to consider him injury prone, imo. But it's enough to start to wonder about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakim by a long mile.

as i have previously stated- i just dont see where Ingram goes as a finished product. Hes not a badass athlete. Hes not a pure shooter. Like a poor man's Derozan? Rudy Gay with less athleticism? He has more ball handling skills/vision then those guys though.

Hes a weird player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i have previously stated- i just dont see where Ingram goes as a finished product. Hes not a badass athlete. Hes not a pure shooter. Like a poor man's Derozan? Rudy Gay with less athleticism? He has more ball handling skills/vision then those guys though.

Hes a weird player.

He could be a really solid swing player. He's tall enough to handle the 3 and number enough to cover a lot of guards, although not necessarily all of them. He has a decent enough shot that it is reasonable to believe that he could improve it to be a good shot. He has pretty good vision.

IMO, I think the Lakers are just a really bad fit for him. Lonzo pretty much has to run the offense which limits Ingram's on ball value and Lebron almost makes Ingram irrelevant.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my biggest concern with him. He's played well enough, in long enough stretches to show that he can be an all star level player.

But he's missed 53 games over the past 2 seasons. This year was kind of a fluke thing that supposedly is taken care of and isn't likely to recur.

But missing a lot of games is missing a lot of games whether it's fluke injuries or common ones.

2 seasons isn't enough to consider him injury prone, imo. But it's enough to start to wonder about it.

It's enough of a concern that it hurts his trade value. He could absolutely turn it around though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's enough of a concern that it hurts his trade value. He could absolutely turn it around though.

Yes and no. They dodged a bit of bullet when the blood clot issue turned out to not be a Chris Bosh type issue.

I think his trade value is likely still pretty good because we have seen enough to know that he can be a really good player.

But teams are likely to take a longer look at his health and weigh the risk a little more.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siakim by a long mile.

Is there an advanced stat that favors Ingram and shows potential growth?
I couldn't find it....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there an advanced stat that favors Ingram and shows potential growth?
I couldn't find it....

If you look at his game play when he was essentially the main guy on offense, he has been pretty good. He average 23 points on .550 shooting in his last 15 games of this past season before going down with an injury.

So there is reason to believe he could become a good player.

To be clear, right now he is nowhere close to Siakim. I hope no one inferred that I was saying otherwise.