• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PARNELL SUCKS

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Detroit did make public they would have taken him... Heard New England too.... but dont remember if they made it public.... Been a few months and can't remember the 3rd team.

He wouldn't have made it to us in the second though... not IMO

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trying to be a dick but he woulda been there in the 3rd round for Dallas. Centers dont go in the 1st or 2nd round unless they are rated as a once in every 5 year type of player. The entire NFL nation was shaking their head in disbelief. Was it Gil Brandt who did the quick poll of 5 teams and they all had him 5th round or lower. He might work out for Dallas because teams find star Centers in the 3, 4, 5, 6th rounds but at that position it was a very bad pick even if he turns out to be a star. I know that might not seem to make sense but Dallas hypothetically could have grabbed a top player in the draft and nabbed Fredrick in the 3rd or 4th round. It was widely considered the worst pick in the 1st round. Just accept it, move on and pray he turns into a stud.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trying to be a dick but he woulda been there in the 3rd round for Dallas. Centers dont go in the 1st or 2nd round unless they are rated as a once in every 5 year type of player. The entire NFL nation was shaking their head in disbelief. Was it Gil Brandt who did the quick poll of 5 teams and they all had him 5th round or lower. He might work out for Dallas because teams find star Centers in the 3, 4, 5, 6th rounds but at that position it was a very bad pick even if he turns out to be a star. I know that might not seem to make sense but Dallas hypothetically could have grabbed a top player in the draft and nabbed Fredrick in the 3rd or 4th round. It was widely considered the worst pick in the 1st round. Just accept it, move on and pray he turns into a stud.

Malco see this is why I took you off my facebook.... you can be out there .... more often than a solid poster. ( which you can be when you want to be)

Konz just went in the 2012 draft..... 1st round ... and he is playing guard

Thats as dumb as the shit we all kept hearing about guards not going top 20

The fucking draft sucked ... plain and simple. You take the best player there. 3rd round? That's just trolling ... Not one bit of football IQ behind that statement other than you want attention

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that comes from the sheepherders (the media) having the sheep follow their words.
I tend to think the people involved in the draft kinda knows what is going on a little bit more. Like the fact he wouldn't have made it to us before our pick in the 2nd rd.
Also before the draft everyone was saying those exact things about all the linemen (except for LT) With the contracts being like they are for rookies now, you can expect more & more lineman going earlier & earlier in the draft.
9 OL went in the 1st round. Everyone said guards wouldn't be taken so early also unless they were the one in a generation kinda thing. 2 went in the top 10 (never happens when the old style of rookie contracts) 3 in the top 20. When Decastro was suppose to be all that & a bag of chips, he went somewhere around #24. Times have changed PE1. Lineman will go earlier & earlier, & lets face it. The lines are the heartbeat of any team. The only thing I have to face, is it was my favorite pick & he has looked good so far. Sheepherders said it was a bad move, other teams said they were about to take him a few picks later. :nod:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other teams said they were about to take him a few picks later. :nod:

People who are looking to say Dallas was wrong tend to ignore this. Maybe he would have lasted until our 2nd or 3rd. We will never know for sure and if he was Jerry's highest priority at that time he had to take him unless he felt like gambling. Personally I like Frederick, and have ZERO problems with Dallas using their 1st on him.

Now if I were an Eagles fan I'd be more concerned with how many games Vick will play.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who are looking to say Dallas was wrong tend to ignore this. Maybe he would have lasted until our 2nd or 3rd. We will never know for sure and if he was Jerry's highest priority at that time he had to take him unless he felt like gambling. Personally I like Frederick, and have ZERO problems with Dallas using their 1st on him.

Now if I were an Eagles fan I'd be more concerned with how many games Vick will play.
Well I hope Vick stays healthy. I wont mind Vick handicapping the Eagles.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope Vick stays healthy. I wont mind Vick handicapping the Eagles.

I hope he stays healthy too.....

He's the best player the opposing defense can hope is on the field...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You deleted me from your facebook Twist3d for one reason only. Because I disagreed with your statement about Barry Sanders. That is really fucking weird that you tie so much of who you are into a team that really has nothing to do with you.

Every single one of you took a swipe at me or my team because I said Fredricks was a big reach.... which he was. Why would you internalize that and say to yourself, "Well since PE1 took a swipe at my team then I, going to talk about his IQ, take him off him off my facebook and rip Vick for getting hurt a lot.

I feel sad for you guys. I can be honest. I can completely see Dallas is a lot better then Philly right now. I can see my beloved Eagles have a putrid defense. But you guys cant do that. I wasnt taking a swipe at you or the Cowboys. All I did was say it was a huge reach along with 95% of this country. If you guys posted how awful Philly is and how they have almost no chance of winning the NFC East, I'd agree with you. But you 4 cant. You think that if Dallas wins its a reflection of you and if someone says Dallas made a mistake you cant be real and accept it. You all know it was a huge reach because almost every NFL writer said the same exact thing.

But I cant believe you Twist3d. I thought we were cool. But I hurt your feeling because you said Curtis Martin is better then Barry Sanders and I disagreed. The Cowboys have absolutely nothing to do with who you are and I didnt say anything bad about you. If it wasnt so sad I'd just look at it as pathetic. "I'm deleting you PE1 because you think Fredricks was a huge leap. Sad bro. Really sad.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that comes from the sheepherders (the media) having the sheep follow their words.
I tend to think the people involved in the draft kinda knows what is going on a little bit more. Like the fact he wouldn't have made it to us before our pick in the 2nd rd.
Also before the draft everyone was saying those exact things about all the linemen (except for LT) With the contracts being like they are for rookies now, you can expect more & more lineman going earlier & earlier in the draft.
9 OL went in the 1st round. Everyone said guards wouldn't be taken so early also unless they were the one in a generation kinda thing. 2 went in the top 10 (never happens when the old style of rookie contracts) 3 in the top 20. When Decastro was suppose to be all that & a bag of chips, he went somewhere around #24. Times have changed PE1. Lineman will go earlier & earlier, & lets face it. The lines are the heartbeat of any team. The only thing I have to face, is it was my favorite pick & he has looked good so far. Sheepherders said it was a bad move, other teams said they were about to take him a few picks later. :nod:

Theres a HUGE difference between LTs and a few stud guards going in the first round and a Center going in the first. He me turn out to be a great player but you know everyone at the draft was like, "WTF is Dallas doing". I didnt say that. THe entire country did.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me off your facebook. :L

Im walking around the house dumfounded at how incredibly insecure you are. Waaah Waaaah, PE1 said something bad about my team. I dont want to be friends anymore. Fucking incredible.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You deleted me from your facebook Twist3d for one reason only. Because I disagreed with your statement about Barry Sanders. That is really fucking weird that you tie so much of who you are into a team that really has nothing to do with you.

Every single one of you took a swipe at me or my team because I said Fredricks was a big reach.... which he was. Why would you internalize that and say to yourself, "Well since PE1 took a swipe at my team then I, going to talk about his IQ, take him off him off my facebook and rip Vick for getting hurt a lot.

I feel sad for you guys. I can be honest. I can completely see Dallas is a lot better then Philly right now. I can see my beloved Eagles have a putrid defense. But you guys cant do that. I wasnt taking a swipe at you or the Cowboys. All I did was say it was a huge reach along with 95% of this country. If you guys posted how awful Philly is and how they have almost no chance of winning the NFC East, I'd agree with you. But you 4 cant. You think that if Dallas wins its a reflection of you and if someone says Dallas made a mistake you cant be real and accept it. You all know it was a huge reach because almost every NFL writer said the same exact thing.

But I cant believe you Twist3d. I thought we were cool. But I hurt your feeling because you said Curtis Martin is better then Barry Sanders and I disagreed. The Cowboys have absolutely nothing to do with who you are and I didnt say anything bad about you. If it wasnt so sad I'd just look at it as pathetic. "I'm deleting you PE1 because you think Fredricks was a huge leap. Sad bro. Really sad.

Dude had nothing to do with the running back convo .... I still think you are an ok person ...
You're not someone I would hang out and drink a beer with though... You can take that as me being an asshole or just being honest...
Now I'm gonna leave it at that ...... further details to make me explain that..... only if you talk shit and request them. ..... If you do that's on you...

I dont delete over stupid shit.... I keep my fb at 150 or under ... every person on it I either drink beer with .. or .... well honestly only person I haven't drank beer with on it is manster ... but I could see me and him drinking beer together talking football...

aint nothing personal..... we just arent people that would be friends ever online or offline... by that I mean hang out... I'll act decent .... until you dont

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here is the thing. I said Fredrick was a reach pick along with EVERYONE else. And then you post, "You show zero Football IQ". Explain to me how that equates to no football IQ. All you guys got hurt feelings saying it was a reach pick and question my IQ or how good Vick is. If you said, "Why would the Eagle take a TE in the 2nd round when their D sucks", I would respond to you by saying, "That was a stupid pick when we have NOTHING on Defense". There is absolutely nothing you can say bad about me because you know absolutely nothing about me except for the fact that I honor my bets. You requested me on facebook. I thought it would be cool to talk Eagles/Cowboys over the year. I doubt we'd ever be close friends either but we both love the NFL. I really dont get your angle outside of the fact it seems you have a hair trigger temper. Now go ahead, fire away on what you think is sooo awful about me. It would be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a HUGE difference between LTs and a few stud guards going in the first round and a Center going in the first. He me turn out to be a great player but you know everyone at the draft was like, "WTF is Dallas doing". I didnt say that. THe entire country did.
Like I said. the times are changing. & all the other lineman would be ok (now) but the center that was taken at the very end of the 1st rd is the bad lineman pick of the 1st rd? If Belicheck takes him a couple picks later everyone would be singing a different tune. I am not doubting that the sheep & the sheep herders were saying. I agree. that you agree with all of them. Still stand by what I said. he was a good pick & my favorite pick of the draft.

Also if it makes you feel better. I don't even have facebook. your still alright in my normal book though. Not my fault you agree with the sheepherders. ;)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said there's a value difference between Tackles, Guards and Centers. Center is probably the least valuable player on a team and the majority of teams get stud Centers in the 4th round or later. Fredrick just didn't have that type of ranking to be taken in the first. I agree many would call Bellichek a genius but there is a big difference in his legacy and Garrets and the Cowboys. He will always get the benefit of the doubt. I don't think Jerry Jones history has the luxury to call all the top writer and draft experts sheep. For you guys to act like the entire nation wasn't like "What the fuck" is just blind allegiance. A center won't do much to make an oline better. Teams make mistakes and I should know cause I'm an Eagles fan. But I refuse to accept that if you were sitting in a room full of nfl know it alls you'd sit there with a stone face and say that it wasn't a reach. It was and just accept it. Does that mean he won't be a stud??? NO! He might be very good. And from what you guys are saying it sounds like he is looking good. But woldnt he look beteer if you had a top safety from the draft and Fredrick. I guess my main issue is that some of you just can't admit the obvious. I pride myself on being realistic. If you ripped my eagles and it was legit I would say, "you guys are right". Why can't y'all?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And twisted, why are you always threatening people. Years ago you said you were going to call my boss and get me fired. Now your saying if I say anything negative then you are going to go off. Want me to post our facebook conversations where you called me a great guy. What did I do to get put on your shit list. What did I do for you to say if I say anything crappy then you'll bring out the guns. You seem to be all over the place.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said there's a value difference between Tackles, Guards and Centers. Center is probably the least valuable player on a team and the majority of teams get stud Centers in the 4th round or later. Fredrick just didn't have that type of ranking to be taken in the first. I agree many would call Bellichek a genius but there is a big difference in his legacy and Garrets and the Cowboys. He will always get the benefit of the doubt. I don't think Jerry Jones history has the luxury to call all the top writer and draft experts sheep. For you guys to act like the entire nation wasn't like "What the fuck" is just blind allegiance. A center won't do much to make an oline better. Teams make mistakes and I should know cause I'm an Eagles fan. But I refuse to accept that if you were sitting in a room full of nfl know it alls you'd sit there with a stone face and say that it wasn't a reach. It was and just accept it. Does that mean he won't be a stud??? NO! He might be very good. And from what you guys are saying it sounds like he is looking good. But woldnt he look beteer if you had a top safety from the draft and Fredrick. I guess my main issue is that some of you just can't admit the obvious. I pride myself on being realistic. If you ripped my eagles and it was legit I would say, "you guys are right". Why can't y'all?
funny thing is I think the center position is the most important position on the line. Lot more than just blocking when it comes to that position. Also need a good center for the line to gel together. Horrible center & they never get it quite right. yes I know the left tackle gets the big paydays. since it is most QBs blind side, but you obviously don't know as much about the line as you are claiming if you think the Center is the least important part of the line. Also I never said that most of America thinks of it as a reach. I know they do. but as you just admitted most would have thought the pats as a genius if they did it a few picks later. They are going off perception of the boys past as they would have with the Pats. If Frederick worked out for the pats Bill would indeed be considered a genius. So if it isn't a huge stretch for them to do it a few picks later then you should have to admit it wouldn't be for us a few picks earlier. If he works out. Your letting assumptions dictate your thought. if it isn't a stretch for one team then it isn't for the other. The giants are noted of stretching to pick Pugh with the 19th pick & want to convert him from tackle to guard (so he isn't considered a kick ass guard in college) yet because they have been decent at drafting you don't hear about that as a crazy pick. The #19 pick is way more valuable than the 30th. Again the media paints the perception & you guys follow it. As soon as the masses follow along it is treated like fact & those of us think a bit deeper than the sheepherders are called crazy. Until it becomes the norm. Like I said earlier times are changing. there is a lot of lineman this draft alone that got drafted in the 1st round that would have never been considered being drafted in the 1st, back when the rookie contracts were crazy. So all anyone drafted was the big name positions. Your gonna see more & more lineman in the 1st round as time goes on. (that aren't just LTs) Just because you don't see it now, allows you to call us crazy. I get your point of view so please quit acting like we are stupid & cant see both sides of the conversation. No point in debating something if you cant see both sides of a conversation. We need a center (badly) we got the top center in the draft, & even if it was a stretch by 10 spots I am good with that. But you act like the center position is a dime a dozen. You buy into the thoughts of the so called experts who are wrong every year about the draft that he would have gone in the 3-6th rd. yet you have actual teams talk about looking to take him at the beginning of the 2nd round. You choose to ignore this & just go off the sheep (the masses) & the guys that get it wrong every year. Sorry. I am not gonna agree with you. If you wanted to say he was an early 2nd rd or even mid 2nd rd stretch I could say maybe, but to act like he would be there in the mid 3rd or even later...... well that is something the sheep say.

& in the end. The pick will benefit us & I believe for the long term. So if that happens, how can it be a bad pick, when many of the so called good 1st rd picks fall by the way side. if you like stats like so many ppl do. you will see lineman picked in the 1st rd is one of the safest bets of any positions. With the rookie contracts now manageable ......... well I already pointed out the proof to you.

Times are a changin' (No matter what you believe) :thumb:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is where I disagree. Times aren't changing because lineman have always gone in the first round. Always. A center isn't more important then a guard or a tackle and that is proven by what they get paid on the free agent market. You guys keep saying I don't know football but a center hasn't or ever will be as important as a tackle. Like I said, teams don't give centers mega deals for a reason. Its because they are the least important starter on a team. 2nd, I highly doubt the Patriots where gonna take Fredrick in the 2nd anyway. You keep saying it like its fact when the only thing I've consistently heard is he was a 5th or 6th rounder by most teams. I find it laughable that you say I don't know football and you follow it up with "The center is the most important lineman".

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are also claiming I'm a sheep because I heard he was over drafted by rhe media. Then you accept what the media says about the Patriots hypothetically drafting him, so I guess you fall into being a sheep just as much as me.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And twisted, why are you always threatening people. Years ago you said you were going to call my boss and get me fired. Now your saying if I say anything negative then you are going to go off. Want me to post our facebook conversations where you called me a great guy. What did I do to get put on your shit list. What did I do for you to say if I say anything crappy then you'll bring out the guns. You seem to be all over the place.

you being a drama queen now hoss.

So glad we got quotes.
Haven't threatened you .... Haven't said anything about going off on you

Only thing I said was you were not someone I could see myself sitting down and having a beer with.

...and exactly for the reasons I just stated.

Dont be butt hurt :suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are "so glad we got quotes", well so am I. Lets start off with this......

YOU SAID "Malco see this is why I took you off my facebook.... you can be out there .... more often than a solid poster"

I SAID ""I'm deleting you PE1 because you think Fredricks was a huge leap. Sad bro. Really sad.

Then you say, "I dont delete over stupid shit. aint nothing personal..... we just arent people that would be friends ever online or offline.

So what is it. You 100% said you cut me off your facebook for my posts. Then I say thats some insecure shit. Then you say, "I didnt say I cut you over posting I cut you because I wouldnt have a beer with you. Now make up your mind and stop acting like Im the one who is changing my statements to avoid embarrassment.