• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers @ 49ers

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol: Oh, the irony. It's YOU'RE an idiot, you idiot. :laugh3:

You're about as smart as Kaep. All that talk about Kaep's
intelligence? :noidea:

You think I'm taking time to fix auto correct. You know phones allow to access to message boards nowadays right?

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the drop/fumble/concussion play from Vernon Davis? There's another possible TD for Kaep. You fanatics are fucking unreal. Kaep has been playing underwhelming this season (and making his fair share of mistakes), but it's his second fucking season. Holy shit.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I know it's REALLY raw, but lets wait for a little perspective.

Roman, Kaep, OL, Hunter, lack of WR talent, and in-game injuries ALL had something to do with this loss.

The D was playoff caliber.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the division is gone, no way we make up two games on them with their schedule. Also, for kaep to be a good qb, these are the games he has to win. Sorry to say that he just doesn't inspire any confidence right now. Russell Wilson has the ball in this situation I'd say 80% chance he wins, not even close with kaep.

Russell Wilson is in a different league than Kaep - his composure and ability to make something out of nothing are on a different level from Krap, I mean Kaep.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We win and lose as a team. The whole offense was bad. Even now it is still too early to tell who the winner and loser is of the the Smith trade.

KC is 9-0
I don't think it's that hard to tell. Smith's numbers are not great, but they are always in position to win games and pulling it off. The most alarming number to me though is Kaepernick has 294 rushing yards to Smiths 265 yards. That's just not right to me. Kaep was suppose to be a bigger playmaker and better dual threat QB but so far he is not. He hesitates in the pocket when under pressure and does not make good reads at the line. He is not playing anywhere near the same level he was last year when he was trying to win and hold the starting job over Smith. It's like now that they have handed him the keys and backed him up with a bunch of scrubs he has no urgency to play at 100% every snap.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't give Gore the ball only 16 times in a game like this. He should have had 20-25 carries and we would have won the game. He was making a lot of good plays. The coaches never seem to call a screen or a draw to slow down a Dline that is just pinning their ears back.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the drop/fumble/concussion play from Vernon Davis? There's another possible TD for Kaep. You fanatics are fucking unreal. Kaep has been playing underwhelming this season (and making his fair share of mistakes), but it's his second fucking season. Holy shit.

It's his third season.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because every time we had a good play, we'd have a penalty, give up a sack, or fumble. I can't believe this team was the home team coming off a bye. Someone should be fired for this performance. It's simply inexcusable.

It was more like have a good run then for some reason try a read option where the qb kept it, or try a pass and it goes inc then its 3rd and long. Needs more runs back on first and second downs. Only time they ran it on second down was in the end zone and on second and really long from a QB sack on first down.

The other thing was bad field position all day. The defense played great today playing with a short field and having key injuries

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is 9-0
I don't think it's that hard to tell. Smith's numbers are not great, but they are always in position to win games and pulling it off. The most alarming number to me though is Kaepernick has 294 rushing yards to Smiths 265 yards. That's just not right to me. Kaep was suppose to be a bigger playmaker and better dual threat QB but so far he is not. He hesitates in the pocket when under pressure and does not make good reads at the line. He is not playing anywhere near the same level he was last year when he was trying to win and hold the starting job over Smith. It's like now that they have handed him the keys and backed him up with a bunch of scrubs he has no urgency to play at 100% every snap.

Still too early. Chiefs can crash and burn with better opponents coming up. Besides comparing Alex and Kap, we still have a 2nd round draft pick next year from the Chiefs trade. I can't remember who we drafted this year. Tank, I think.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, most of the 9ers runs are 2 TE sets with a FB too. Only had one non injured TE so that takes out almost half the play book

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something that irked me about the way this game played out. In the first quarter, we stuck primarily to the power run game and were able to move up and down the field. From the second quarter on, we went to delays and read runs running plays that ran east/west instead of the north/south we saw in the first quarter.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these picks by Baalke are sure looking rather suspect now.

Yeah- I'm a little concerned, but still hoping for the best. Eternal optimist style. McDonald (other than 1 game in my recollection) certainly hasn't replace what Delanie Walker brought.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you in three years when Kaep is out of the league.

Did you not just see that Scott fucking Tolzein started a game today, yet Kaep will be out of the league in three years? You sound like a fucking troll right now. I have always respected you as a poster, but you sound a lot like that one poster who shall not be named.

Nastastical

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are acting really silly right now. Kap shoulders some of the blame today, but with no pass protection, and receivers who aren't creating any separation, what exactly do you want him to accomplish out there? When he did get receivers the ball, they dropped easy ass catches; VD at the goalline; McDonald downfield; Hunter for a easy 1st down. Kap had no help out there today.

Lets also not act like Alex Smith doesn't struggle immensely against top defense that bring pressure; against Balt in 2011, NYG in the NFCG, STL in 2012, and Sea in 2012. Without a player to take the top off the defense, that forces DBs off the LOS, then teams that bring heavy pressure will always have the upper hand against us.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will back our QB but Im starting to think Kap might not be the answer. I like the things he does but then he has a game like this that just shakes your head.

Carolina was very tough today. Gotta tip your hat to them.

But our play calling sucked. With Gore running well, we kept trying to pass. And even the passing, while there was lots of pressure, no slants until the last one to Manningham. Even with the loss of Davis, quicker, shorter routes. Try to stretch the field once in a while. (Pass to McDonald that was dropped was a good call, poorly executed.) And why not move Kaep around, roll outs, that sort of thing?

And with 4th and 1 at the Carolina 2, and our best play is to call a time out and try to draw them offside?!? Really?!? Show some cojones and go for it. The game was 3-0 at that point.

And after a bye week, we needed to be more prepared on offense. The Niner D played tough, but how tough can you be with continual 3 and outs? Very disappointed in the offensive scheme of this game. They had two weeks to prepare. Carolina doesn't hide what they do.

This was a tough loss.