• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers @ 49ers

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about the drop/fumble/concussion play from Vernon Davis? There's another possible TD for Kaep. You fanatics are fucking unreal. Kaep has been playing underwhelming this season (and making his fair share of mistakes), but it's his second fucking season. Holy shit.

Possible TD? What in the world were you watching? Remember the guy who forced the incompletion/fumble? The guy who took Davis to the ground? How would that EVER have been a TD? Well, there is one possible way: if Kap wasn't late to deliver the ball and didn't throw it too high. It was an adequate pass, but barely. A faster read and more accurate throw would have allowed Davis to secure the ball before he was hit.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore came up hobbled at the end of one run, and was not going to get a heavy dose after that. The very next play Hunter replaced him and fumbled which was crushing. Hunter/James did nothing for he offense in this game to keep things rolling after Gore hobbled off. The defense did everything possible to win this game, and Carolina did everything possible to give the game away. If our offense wasn't completely pathetic today it would have been a win.

He was hobbled in the 4th though right? Maybe late in the 3rd. He needed the ball sooner than that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relying on Gore too much. The passing game has to get better. Need more balance.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be cleared... I blame Kap for Kap playing awful today....

Roman's playcalling and/or play designs hasn't been getting WRs open.... there was one play, 5 wide, 5 go out and Kap cant find one underneath? not to mention he had about 4 secs back there before being pulled down or throwing it away...

Does Harbs not take a proactive move to correct things?

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think Carolina deserves a lot of credit. Their defense was not that good and offensively they were about as bad as we were. We were running the ball all over their defense. The only thing that was making them look good was dumb penalties and bad playcalls putting us in obvious passing situations. The 49ers did more to stop themselves today than Carolina did on defense.

Really? The niners had 151 yards and 9 points. What will it look like when their defense is good?

jds_49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So why is everyone screaming they want Smith back? They thought so much of him that they traded him away.

I don't know who all is calling for Smith, but at least with Smith you got a consistent 11/24 for 190 1td and no picks most the time. But sadly neither of them is Brady and gonna win the game on there own. We were all fooled to think that Kap may of been that type of guy but he isnt and doesnt seem like he will be anytime soon.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah- I'm a little concerned, but still hoping for the best. Eternal optimist style. McDonald (other than 1 game in my recollection) certainly hasn't replace what Delanie Walker brought.

I'm far from ready to give up on McDonald. Yes, he dropped a ball he needed to bring in today, but Kuechly made a great play - with possibly a touch of PI as it looked like he got there a hair before the ball. I don't think Davis catches that ball. We just need Kap to actually make use of our receivers. I am really questioning his ability to go through progressions at this point. He's really struggled doing so this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roman's playcalling and/or play designs hasn't been getting WRs open.... there was one play, 5 wide, 5 go out and Kap cant find one underneath? not to mention he had about 4 secs back there before being pulled down or throwing it away...

While Carolina's offense wasn't great, on several big third downs they were able to get a ball to a WR coming back to the ball for a big first down. We cant do that at all

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did you not just see that Scott fucking Tolzein started a game today, yet Kaep will be out of the league in three years? You sound like a fucking troll right now. I have always respected you as a poster, but you sound a lot like that one poster who shall not be named.

I do have to agree with that. Kap will be around for a long time (at least in NFL terms). Whether he's our QB of the future remains to be seen at this point IMO.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from ready to give up on McDonald. Yes, he dropped a ball he needed to bring in today, but Kuechly made a great play - with possibly a touch of PI as it looked like he got there a hair before the ball. I don't think Davis catches that ball. We just need Kap to actually make use of our receivers. I am really questioning his ability to go through progressions at this point. He's really struggled doing so this year.

I agree. That was a good play by the defensive player. To close to call as P.I. He broke up the play.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why is everyone screaming they want Smith back? They thought so much of him that they traded him away.

You and me are saying the same shit. I'll blame it on these guys being frustrated but man it's embarrassing reading some of these posts.

It's funny cuz we saw these same posts last yr. No wonder our stadium is quiet as hell bad fans.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting concerned when I heard time and time again about Kap at this photo shoot, Kap at this party, Kap dating this girl, and etc.. Its really starting to show. I am really questioning whether or not he has the work ethic, and focus to be a good QB in this league.
This isn't just anger from this game. I been grimacing for a while when I see all his distractions.
He seams to almost never throw a WR open, He isn't reading defenses quickly enough etc..
I mean time will tell he can fix all this.

P.S. I know the team line about showing up first and leaving last BS, every team says that about thier QB.

jds_49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not even upset we lost the game, you lose games every year. Its the way it was lost, seems alot like the 09,10 teams where the D is playing top notch and the O does nothing. If this was a one game stinker it would be one thing, but it has been this time and time again this season. Just seems like we picked a play book and game plan in week one and come hell or high water we are not gonna change anything..... I mean we are the 49ers we will do what we want... who has it better than us. A shit load of teams do....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carolina was very tough today. Gotta tip your hat to them.

But our play calling sucked. With Gore running well, we kept trying to pass. And even the passing, while there was lots of pressure, no slants until the last one to Manningham. Even with the loss of Davis, quicker, shorter routes. Try to stretch the field once in a while. (Pass to McDonald that was dropped was a good call, poorly executed.) And why not move Kaep around, roll outs, that sort of thing?

And with 4th and 1 at the Carolina 2, and our best play is to call a time out and try to draw them offside?!? Really?!? Show some cojones and go for it. The game was 3-0 at that point.

And after a bye week, we needed to be more prepared on offense. The Niner D played tough, but how tough can you be with continual 3 and outs? Very disappointed in the offensive scheme of this game. They had two weeks to prepare. Carolina doesn't hide what they do.

This was a tough loss.

No, it was 6-0, and that FG put us up by more than a TD. I have no problem with that one as they'd stopped us on several short yardage plays, and our D was playing well. The long rushing TD turned out to be a back-breaker. But that's primarily because the offense couldn't do anything in the second half.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting concerned when I heard time and time again about Kap at this photo shoot, Kap at this party, Kap dating this girl, and etc.. Its really starting to show. I am really questioning whether or not he has the work ethic, and focus to be a good QB in this league.
This isn't just anger from this game. I been grimacing for a while when I see all his distractions.
He seams to almost never throw a WR open, He isn't reading defenses quickly enough etc..
I mean time will tell he can fix all this.

P.S. I know the team line about showing up first and leaving last BS, every team says that about thier QB.

He doesn't have to live in cave or not have a life to be a NFL QB. From what I have read, he is the first one in to practice and works hard. Don't think that is the issue.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard to fully blame the playcalls. Kaep has the ability to make changes at the line and just rarely seems to change into a good one. When he drops back to pass he is to focused in on his reads down the field to see the checkdowns. The coaches need to do what they did for Smith in 2011 and give him hotreads. Kaep needs to be making 1 read and if it's not there going immediately to his hot read underneath, and if that is not there dumping off to his back, throwing it away, or taking off. They need to greatly simplify his reads and quicken his internal clock.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I think should be brought up, but hasn't, was the lack of adjustment on Roman's part for the 2nd half. So many opportunities where the SF Defense stepped up and the offense couldn't take advantage.

You can't give Carolina great field position every drive and expect Willis 'n Co to force 3 & outs every time. The D forced Cam to throw a bad pick, and also forced Carolina into trying (and missing) a deep FG when SF was really not given much to work with. The defense gave Roman ample time to go back to the drawboard and it seems like Roman went to the Indy game state of mind instead of trying to take what Carolina was gonna give him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wouldn't say he has been terrible for 7 games. He hasn't been asked to do very much in the passing game the last 5 or 6 games.

I didn't say he's been terrible. But he has struggled passing since the Packers game. At times we haven't asked him to make an impact throwing the ball. But his good games seem to come more from running than passing.