• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pandemic times...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still going about my life as normal for the most part. I'm not one to go out much, and my work is "essential" so little has changed. I heard the governor has a plan to reopen WV as long as we keep being good little boys and girls. I missed his briefing today though.

How are you guys all doing? Did you get your stimulus checks? Spend it all on moonshine like I did? lol

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is, and people are all mad at him, I get being frustrated because you can't work, but you dont attack the governor for doing what is right. I feel that the governments have erred on the side of caution, but seeing what has happened in new York, Dewine has done it right.

Its hard...I get it...I have laid off over 100 people this month and counting..the toughest thing I have ever had to do...but until there is a vaccine which appears to be a mile away things could get a lot worse if the process isn't played out like the experts have recommended...the real threat of having the Flu and Covid19 this Fall/Winter could be really challenging..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still going about my life as normal for the most part. I'm not one to go out much, and my work is "essential" so little has changed. I heard the governor has a plan to reopen WV as long as we keep being good little boys and girls. I missed his briefing today though.

How are you guys all doing? Did you get your stimulus checks? Spend it all on moonshine like I did? lol
I sadly did not get a check, they think I make too much............grrrrrr!! In my essential travels it is a royal pain, a lot of hotels are empty, so rooms are plentiful, a blessing there. BUT, trying to get decent, healthy meals is near impossible. I have cereal and milk for breakfast in my cooler, some PBJ and bread for lunch, and order in supper. Things at home are going well, other than my wife told me last night that a squirrel has decided to shelter in place in our attic......Saturday will be spent figuring out his way in. I think our company is out of danger of failing, as we have enough guys out to pay the bills and payroll, thankfully we have not been forced to lay anyone off yet, praying that stays the case. I am so looking forward to sitting down in a restaurant and ordering a meal!!!!! God be with you all!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like WV is beginning the path to reopening. I didn't get to catch the entire thing, but if all goes as planned WV will be mostly back in 6 weeks.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys hope all is well....crazy time for me taking care of my dad, but we are blessed that we have the ability. Not sure when MD or DC will fully recover, we had 1000 new cases on Friday.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey boys hope all is well....crazy time for me taking care of my dad, but we are blessed that we have the ability. Not sure when MD or DC will fully recover, we had 1000 new cases on Friday.

I am right there with you my friend...one positive...I-270 is like the friggin Autobahn right now....no police and cars are regularly averaging 100 mph daily on the stretch between Clarskburg ( yes folks there is a Clarksburg Md) and the Split....and Yes I would be one of them taking advantage of the new speed limit an people are still going by me!:lol:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sadly did not get a check, they think I make too much............grrrrrr!! In my essential travels it is a royal pain, a lot of hotels are empty, so rooms are plentiful, a blessing there. BUT, trying to get decent, healthy meals is near impossible. I have cereal and milk for breakfast in my cooler, some PBJ and bread for lunch, and order in supper. Things at home are going well, other than my wife told me last night that a squirrel has decided to shelter in place in our attic......Saturday will be spent figuring out his way in. I think our company is out of danger of failing, as we have enough guys out to pay the bills and payroll, thankfully we have not been forced to lay anyone off yet, praying that stays the case. I am so looking forward to sitting down in a restaurant and ordering a meal!!!!! God be with you all!!

Let me know how the squirrel thing works out...I am dealing with an Chipmunk!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like WV is beginning the path to reopening. I didn't get to catch the entire thing, but if all goes as planned WV will be mostly back in 6 weeks.

So BBW and I are having this......discussion:heh:... Just because SOME schools are opening doesn't mean there will be a football season...had this discussion with some friends on my deck ( yes social distancing was adhered to for the majority)...getting the football season up and running is not the "A" priority...Sports for just about all the Power 5 schools does not drive the economics for the campuses...Research and Development does...aka endowment money and grants...Right now schools are trying figure out how to manage Social Distancing in Dormitory's , Public Spaces including Class Rooms but especially in Labs and Research areas. Schools are also trying figure out how to manage taking care of the students who were to study abroad this fall.....Sports are last on the list....

Being here at Georgetown sports is not even a subject matter at this time...yes I get they don't play FBS football but they are getting ready to open a new stadium, Big East Basketball is in Jeopardy and they are the reigning National Soccer Champs who have also had new stadium built...

End of the day if even a handful of Power 5 schools choose not to open or delay until spring ....it crushes the entire season for everyone...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumors that the NCAA is considering all options for D1 FBS football. One rumor was that the season would be pushed back into spring. Another that I heard was that they could run an altered national schedule with whatever schools were able to operate. No conferences, just match up whoever is open so there is a season. Not sure I buy the latter, but I could see the NCAA moving football back for the year. Maybe not into spring, but pushing it back. At this point, anything that runs nationally is still going to be affected for months to come.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA will do everything to get football on the field this year. There existence really depends on it. My guess is that the NBA leads the way with resumption of sports. Along with baseball, those openings will really dictate what the NCAA does with their season. We are still too early to tell what happens and many what if plans are being made.

BTW I got my loan so the Feds pay me and my employees for the next 8 weeks. Now I need the phones to ring again.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article this morning that there is a widely accepted plan to shorten the season to 10 games, while pushing the start back until it is feasible. 9 conference games with a regional non conference. NO FCS. According to the article, the season could be pushed back as far as March. The article was on Eersports, but written from the musing of Dan Patrick

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA will do everything to get football on the field this year. There existence really depends on it. My guess is that the NBA leads the way with resumption of sports. Along with baseball, those openings will really dictate what the NCAA does with their season. We are still too early to tell what happens and many what if plans are being made.

BTW I got my loan so the Feds pay me and my employees for the next 8 weeks. Now I need the phones to ring again.

NCAA makes little to no money with Football...Basketball and the March Madness Tournament carry's the day for them...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article this morning that there is a widely accepted plan to shorten the season to 10 games, while pushing the start back until it is feasible. 9 conference games with a regional non conference. NO FCS. According to the article, the season could be pushed back as far as March. The article was on Eersports, but written from the musing of Dan Patrick

That is the rumor which makes the most sense...I think I have mentioned my job has me on the campus at Georgetown...the likelihood of football in the fall is almost all lost. The biggest concern from what I have heard coaches here talking about is the conditioning of the athletes and the likely uptick in soft tissue injuries if they don't have a period to get the kids ready to play ...and potential lawsuits if kids get permanently injured because they are trying to rush the season....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... we will have football. I’m not sure if it will start on time, but I am sure we will have it. Schools cannot lose the revenue it generates. Football revenue makes athletic departments go. It’s that simple...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the rumor which makes the most sense...I think I have mentioned my job has me on the campus at Georgetown...the likelihood of football in the fall is almost all lost. The biggest concern from what I have heard coaches here talking about is the conditioning of the athletes and the likely uptick in soft tissue injuries if they don't have a period to get the kids ready to play ...and potential lawsuits if kids get permanently injured because they are trying to rush the season....
The article mentions that. I believe that as of now, they want to hold football this fall, but push the start back 4-6 weeks. Doing so would give them time for conditioning. I think that is currently the best case scenario.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know how the squirrel thing works out...I am dealing with an Chipmunk!
tenor.gif

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA makes little to no money with Football...Basketball and the March Madness Tournament carry's the day for them...

Let me correct my statement, The schools and conferences that make up the ncaa receive a majority of revenue from football.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope all yall are well.

Lil frustrating at this point TBH, I think we get it at this point and whats going to happen is going to happen.

Our hospitals and health care folks (God bless em all) have a handle on how to treat this now and those that are in danger are going to be in danger regardless of what we can do TBH.

Time to move on and fight on imho.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me correct my statement, The schools and conferences that make up the ncaa receive a majority of revenue from football.
The article mentions that as well. According to the article, and I agree, pushing the season back will damage schools athletic departments. They go on to state that some lower D1 FBS schools could be crippled by the loss of a football season.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will College Football Return if Students Can't Return to Campus? Conference Commissioners Weigh In - Stadium

Multiple conference commissioners told Stadium that student-athletes would not be prevented from returning to campus to play football this season if classes are limited to online-only instruction.

This is a dramatic shift from just a few weeks ago, when many college administrators indicated the general student body would need to return to on-campus classes in order for student-athletes to participate in college football. Those decisions – whether to play if the campus is closed to general students but open to student-athletes – ultimately will be made by the individual school presidents or chancellors.

“Going to class in an online sense is satisfactory,” Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby said. “There’s room for that to happen. School has to be in session, student-athletes have to be going to class.”

A month ago, the general consensus among administrators was that there needed to be alignment among all conferences and schools to play in the fall. Now, five of the 10 Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) conference commissioners – including three from autonomous Power Five leagues – also said their respective conferences likely would play football this fall even without all of their league members.

“Why can’t you play football on campuses that are closed?” the athletic director asked. “If classes are being offered online, there is no restriction on where you complete the course work. You would need an easily-administered COVID-19 test that is available to every athletic department. Test the student-athletes, coaches, trainers and support personnel to make sure that your cohort is free of virus. Quarantine the cohort for practice, online classes, food service and leisure time activities. This would be a very safe environment.