• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer still working out

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carson Palmer is working out | ProFootballTalk

Not much news here, really.

As has been discussed in the past, tomorrow is the deadline for reporting to guarantee a contract, but as cincygrad pointed out, Palmer wants cut, so I'm sure he couldn't care less about guaranteeing his contract.

If he isn't back before the regular season, I say, screw 'em.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame that Palmer couldn't hook on at Indy for the year..... I'd like to see him in that offense. My opinion is that he isn't the same passer he was in 2005 and he probably wouldn't shine - But he has run a successful no-huddle look in the past and would be an interesting replacement for Peyton.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed, I think the level of accuracy and decisiveness you need in that offense only Peyton could pull off.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of people I know work out.... it's called exercise... if you don't do it, you get heart problems and gain weight.

Kerry Collins might not be the answer, but supposedly Brown already didn't deal him for a first rounder and bonus picks, so it ain't happening. No one's offering the entire farm "ditka" style for Palmer, and even if they did, hell, Brown already has shown he doesn't care for all them draft picks once, he'll do it again.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a lot of people I know work out.... it's called exercise... if you don't do it, you get heart problems and gain weight.

Kerry Collins might not be the answer, but supposedly Brown already didn't deal him for a first rounder and bonus picks, so it ain't happening. No one's offering the entire farm "ditka" style for Palmer, and even if they did, hell, Brown already has shown he doesn't care for all them draft picks once, he'll do it again.

I know you aren't really that dense...or maybe you are..

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to see Carson in Indy. I think he'd be great on a smart team that wants to win. Not to mention how happy he'd be...

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To take a line from Kramer, "you aren't making any sense".

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from wikipedia...

NFL

The National Football League's deadline is the Tuesday following the sixth week of the regular season, which typically falls in mid-October. However, there is fairly little activity on this day and almost no star players are ever dealt to other clubs on the sixth week of the season.

Of the players who are dealt, usually they are wide receivers or defensive players so it is easier for them to learn the playbook.

my comments.

It has been made clear by bother parties that Palmer is sitting out this season. If there is a trade, it won't happen until the last day before the deadline. Until then, we don't have to hold our breath about him coming back, or trading him for anything we need this season. At least some teams would consider his salary overinflated anyhow. And he sure as heck isn't coming back to play for the Bengals, get that out of your head... or don't, but that much has been made clear by both parties.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Comments like yours happen when you don't keep comments made by others in the proper context/perspective.

Fail.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait and see.

If the trade doesn't happen at the last minute at the deadline, than it ain't happen, and Carson's happy butt can just sit at home.

Wait and see.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait and see.

If the trade doesn't happen at the last minute at the deadline, than it ain't happen, and Carson's happy butt can just sit at home.

Wait and see.

Again, what the hell are you talking about? Start back from the beginning of the thread and read over. You aren't making any sense. I'm not sure what you think you read, but it wasn't there.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've had the w/e I've had, you wouldn't be making much since either.