• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer and Mike Brown meeting this morning....

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Ken Broo on WLW radio.......yikes

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson's gonna cave, and Brown will just let him back, and the Bengals will just move on.......gonna be a complete disaster in the locker room......

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For the record (again), I want him back this season and then trade him before the draft. Easy schedule, non-Brat offense, no more diva WR's, and I think he'll put up much better stats, so we could probably get more for him next offseason in a trade. That plus Dalton can sit one year behind him.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, the insider on the other board said the last time Palmer met Brown in July, it was a disaster. Brown was excited thinking Palmer was coming in to give in, but when Palmer asked to be traded, Brown was besides himself. He all but literally slammed the door on him. And Brown was so pissed, he called a conference call 30 minutes after Palmer left. (the same conference call where he said he wouldn't reward Palmer and that they consider Palmer retired).

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record (again), I want him back this season and then trade him before the draft. Easy schedule, non-Brat offense, no more diva WR's, and I think he'll put up much better stats, so we could probably get more for him next offseason in a trade. That plus Dalton can sit one year behind him.

In a normal world, yes.....but Mike Brown's world is anything but normal, and how does Carson face the locker room, which at this point must view him as a quitter if he comes back now.....?:drama:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any mention of what they talked about when they met last week?

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carson's gonna cave, and Brown will just let him back, and the Bengals will just move on.......gonna be a complete disaster in the locker room......

i agree this is the most likely scenario. shouldn't these two have been setting up meetings before the week of the 1st regular season game..

at this point both sides probably want to save as much face as possible.. which isn't much

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Any mention of what they talked about when they met last week?

the insider (Palmer's buddy/relative) posted on the board back in July that both sides lost it.. just a huge fight...

if you look at MB at the press conference he's flustered, tie is on crooked, etc

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, but Joe Reedy reported that they met last week. I wonder if things went any better this time.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, but Joe Reedy reported that they met last week. I wonder if things went any better this time.

Palmer wants to be traded. MB wants him to return.. simple as that i think.. MB obviously holds the cards unless Palmer's willing to ruin his "good guy" reputation to force his way out

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There was no info (as far as I know) from the insider regarding a meeting last week. I could be wrong. Joe Reedy is the only one to have reported that.

Also, IIRC, the ESPN insider spoke to a Bengal source that said they expect Palmer back next week. I believe it was the same ESPN insider that said Palmer and Brown met at the end of July. Had they met last week, I'm sure the Bengal source would have mentioned it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There was no info (as far as I know) from the insider regarding a meeting last week. I could be wrong. Joe Reedy is the only one to have reported that.

Also, IIRC, the ESPN insider spoke to a Bengal source that said they expect Palmer back next week. I believe it was the same ESPN insider that said Palmer and Brown met at the end of July. Had they met last week, I'm sure the Bengal source would have mentioned it.

one thing about that is when he even alluded to the idea that MB had called Palmer, set up a meeting with Jordan, the post immediatley got deleted..

with it being a team-owned board I think there are limits to what he can post.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll still take the word of a known, respected, and accurate news source over a guy who nobody knows on an internet message board.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reedy said they spoke last week, so I firmly believe they spoke, maybe not in person, but whether internet dude mentioned it or not means nothing.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who is this insider guy at bengals.com?

Back in December (after the SD game) a poster on the Bengals said it was privelage to have seen Palmer play his last home game at PBS. a couple weeks later another poster started a thread about how the Bengals needed to find a new QB.. a couple weeks later Mortensen broke the story... so I basically started taking note of their posts to see if it was a fluke or if they're legit

they kept leaking info on both of the Palmer brothers. they're friends of the family, if not member of the family itself. they leaked everything that would eventually happen before it would hit the media (the house going on sale, the house being sold etc).. stuff only someone in their family's inner circle would know.. they both even homered it up for Jordan being the starter... and they haven't started a rumor blog or capatalized on it..

sounds far-fetched, but after awhile I just gave in and admitted that they were either "in the know" or are great imposters