• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer and Mike Brown meeting this morning....

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Brown/Lewis allow him to start or force him into a backup role?

Lewis would do whatever Brown tells him to do, like always...............

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think Slater would have kicked Zach's ass..... He has more muscle and was an all-state wrestler. Just my opinion.

in a legitimate fight, no question..

but Zack has the ability to call timeout, freeze-frame the fight, kick a defenseless Slater's ass, then call time-in.. gotta give him the edge all things considered

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So....Carson Palmer is not retired officially by paperwork.

Players are supposed to get fined heavily for each practice or day they miss of the training camp/preseason/regular season.

Is Palmer going to get retro-fined back to the beginning of the camp if he comes back?

Would Brown/Lewis allow him to start or force him into a backup role?

I know they only kept 2 QB's on the active roster versus the normal 3 incase Palmer came back, because they can't fill that hole on teh roster without cutting Palmer. So they have to play with a 52 man roster instead of 53 because Palmer is a member of the team not reporting, but he is not retired either, and he is not getting fined as far as I know.

WTF is actually going on with this fiasco?

Palmer can only get fined against the salary he is earning. He isn't getting paid right now, so he isn't getting fined either.

It would further expose the Bengals as the joke they are if they start palmer after 4-5 days of practice in a brand new system.

I don't know what's going on with this fiasco, but you can probably count on Mike Brown doing the wrong thing.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know what's going on with this fiasco, but you can probably count on Mike Brown doing the wrong thing.

I'm operating under the assumption the Bengals can get a 1st round pick plus another high pick for Palmer even at this late stage (i could be wrong here. but lets assume that's the case)

Trade Palmer. Mike Brown looks like a shrewd businessman and losses a bit of his stubborn a-hole rep. if Dalton looks good as a rookie the Bengals have two 1st rd picks plus another high pick to build around him as the QB of the future. if Dalton looks like a bust... the Bengals finish with a poor record but they'll have the clout to secure a franchise QB in a draft that could have Luck, Landry Jones, Barkley by trading the extra picks. or they could even finish with a poor enough record that they can draft one of those QBs without having to trade up, then use the extra picks to bolster up the line. a young stud QB throwing to Green, Gresham, Shipley, Simpson behind a great OL. the team could be on their way back longterm

the player gets his wish to move on. MB makes a good PR move. the team, coaches, fanbase get closure... if Palmer shows up it gets ugly at somepoint...

this is Captin Ahab vs the Whale

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm operating under the assumption the Bengals can get a 1st round pick plus another high pick for Palmer even at this late stage (i could be wrong here. but lets assume that's the case)

Trade Palmer. Mike Brown looks like a shrewd businessman and losses a bit of his stubborn a-hole rep. if Dalton looks good as a rookie the Bengals have two 1st rd picks plus another high pick to build around him as the QB of the future. if Dalton looks like a bust... the Bengals finish with a poor record but they'll have the clout to secure a franchise QB in a draft that could have Luck, Landry Jones, Barkley by trading the extra picks. or they could even finish with a poor enough record that they can draft one of those QBs without having to trade up, then use the extra picks to bolster up the line. a young stud QB throwing to Green, Gresham, Shipley, Simpson behind a great OL. the team could be on their way back longterm

the player gets his wish to move on. MB makes a good PR move. the team, coaches, fanbase get closure... if Palmer shows up it gets ugly at somepoint...

This makes far too much sense.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would have gave you a rep point for this post, but I already gave you one for the excellent analysis on the AC/Zack fight. This is exactly what is good for the team, the fans, Palmer, and Mike Brown. Nobody loses in this situation, except for probably the Bengals this season which is expected no matter what.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why everyone just thinks that Dalton is going to be a bust. This is not a system requiring a big armed QB. If you get that kind of QB again, you may as well hire Bratkowski back.

They will absolutely NOT draft another QB next year in the 1st round even if they have the #1 overall pick. I can't say I wouldn't mind having LUCK, but they are not going to draft a QB in round 2 the year before while starting him as a rookie in one of the toughest defensive divisions in football and then just give up on him. It is not going to happen. Mike Brown will not do it. He is too loyal to his QB's. Look how long he held on to Blake, Smith, Klingler, Kitna, ect. Hell Palmer told him to go F himself, and he wants to be traded or retire, and Brown still wants him back and willing to fulfill a $14 million dollar a year contract to a guy who hates him and making him look bad. Mike Brown is too loyal to his QB's, and he sure the hell is not going to give up on one after one season and after investing a 2nd round pick on him. Both Marvin Lewis and Jay Gruden both wanted Dalton. They got their guy. They like his maturity, leadership and accuracy. You can forget about another QB, NOT GONNA F'N HAPPEN, so get used to that now, so you are not so disappointed next year.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And that's why we'll continue to lose. Loyalty over common sense.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't neccessarily think Dalton has to end up a bust, but he's a rookie, so it's just not likely he'll be very good this year.......

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO, you don't pass on a prospect like Luck.

They won't. Mikey boy would cream himself over a legit #1 pick prospect QB.

Gruden is no idiot either. If the Bengals get the #1 pick, any questions regarding Dalton would be responded to as, "Dalton who?".

Additionally, just imagine how bad Dalton would have to be to get the #1 pick with an above average defense, a cake schedule, and with teams like Carolina, Washington, and Seattle also in the running. It'd have to get pretty ugly. Nobody would feel any type of loyalty towards him.

Anyone who thinks otherwise...well we'll just leave it at that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a legitimate fight, no question..

but Zack has the ability to call timeout, freeze-frame the fight, kick a defenseless Slater's ass, then call time-in.. gotta give him the edge all things considered

F'n "A" on this one. There's no doubt that in Bayside, Zach would have kicked slaters ass with all things considered. Nice job.

:kk:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't. Mikey boy would cream himself over a legit #1 pick prospect QB.

Gruden is no idiot either. If the Bengals get the #1 pick, any questions regarding Dalton would be responded to as, "Dalton who?".

Additionally, just imagine how bad Dalton would have to be to get the #1 pick with an above average defense, a cake schedule, and with teams like Carolina, Washington, and Seattle also in the running. It'd have to get pretty ugly. Nobody would feel any type of loyalty towards him.

Anyone who thinks otherwise...well we'll just leave it at that.

Which is why I think we win 5 to 7 games this year with this schedule and our defense.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think only 3-4 games...but I also think that CAR, WAS, and Seattle and BUFF are legitimate 2-3 win teams...so...there you go. It's not as much about the bengals being bad as much as it is there are 3-4 other teams that have a legitimate chance of being worse.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think we will be "ok" with a rookie QB and a rookie #1 WR.

We can all agree to disagree I suppose.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Que to Hank Williams Junior

Hank rises out of the stage supported by a cherry picker under foot.

Grabs the mic and screams
"ARE YOU READY FOR A TRAIN WRECK?!?!?!
A REAL CORN FIELD MEET YEAH!
ARE YOU READY FOR A TRAIN WRECK!?!?!
LET'S GET THIS THING STARTED!!!

:peep: