• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Palmer and Mike Brown meeting this morning....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not doubting that they might have some insider knowledge, but taking them as the gospel of news is, no offense, a bit stupid. So, now, if they don't say it, it didn't happen? Really?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not doubting that they might have some insider knowledge, but taking them as the gospel of news is, no offense, a bit stupid. So, now, if they don't say it, it didn't happen? Really?

Reading comprehension could really help you out. At the very least it would keep you from making yourself look stupid.

Nowhere did I say that it didn't happen just because the insider didn't report it.

I based the possibility that it might not be true based on not having heard the information from anywhere else (including the insider, ESPN, etc.). And then I backed up the plausibility of that possibility by referencing the ESPN article where an ESPN insider spoke with a Bengals source who IIRC mentioned the meeting in July but didn't mention a meeting last week.

Silly you.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You said that if a meeting had happened, the insider would have mentioned it. Regardless, obviously nothing came out of any meeting, so it really isn't important anyway, although, as always, I appreciate your efforts to call as many people stupid as possible.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You said that if a meeting had happened, the insider would have mentioned it. Regardless, obviously nothing came out of any meeting, so it really isn't important anyway, although, as always, I appreciate your efforts to call as many people stupid as possible.

1) No I didn't. Again, reading comprehension. I laid out my train of thought in my last post.

2) As opposed to you suggesting people are stupid? Hypocrite.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Had they met last week, I'm sure the Bengal source would have mentioned it.

That was your post. Also, please find me a post where I called somebody stupid.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Regardless, as I said, it doesn't matter. It's obvious that nothing important came out of any meetings, or discussions that have taken place thus far.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
friends fight sometimes.. not worth it... who-dey!!

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, Flaming and I have had a few good ones. I got no personal quarrel with him though.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Had they met last week, I'm sure the Bengal source would have mentioned it.

That was your post. Also, please find me a post where I called somebody stupid.

Yeah, the Bengal source (you know, the guy that works for the Bengals) who spoke with the ESPN insider (read the sentence prior). The "Bengal source"...different from the guy I've always referred to as the "insider".

Reading comprehension.

Quarterback Carson Palmer visited Cincinnati Bengals in late July, sources say - ESPN

Again, had Carson come by some time the week before, I'm sure the "Bengal (front office) source" would have mentioned it since he had no problem stating he came by in July and the Bengals believe Carson will return.

The difference between me and you is I don't hold back, I'll just call 'em stupid instead of indirectly saying it.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, the Bengal source (you know, the guy that works for the Bengals) who spoke with the ESPN insider (read the sentence prior). The "Bengal source"...different from the guy I've always referred to as the "insider".

Reading comprehension.

Quarterback Carson Palmer visited Cincinnati Bengals in late July, sources say - ESPN

Again, had Carson come by some time the week before, I'm sure the "Bengal (front office) source" would have mentioned it since he had no problem stating he came by in July and the Bengals believe Carson will return.

The difference between me and you is I don't hold back, I'll just call 'em stupid instead of indirectly saying it.

since I know you're a fellow bengals board consiracy theorist, it's funny that the Bob Holtzman article about the meeting just came out talking about a meeting on 7/26... that's the first time it leaked in the media.. read the first post in the thread and note the date. deftinatley an insider imo

Mike Brown...Palmer has retired. No trade! - Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's pathetic how far behind ESPN et. al is on Bengals related news. First, the July meeting. Then supposedly Palmer was around last week some time. And now definitely Palmer was at PBS yesterday with his agent, yet no national news source picks up on it.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It was posted on Twitter that Palmer was at PBS, but numerous sources said later that was false, and Palmer was not at PBS yesterday.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was posted on Twitter that Palmer was at PBS, but numerous sources said later that was false, and Palmer was not at PBS yesterday.

Florio said he talked to Palmer's agent and he said there was no meeting yesterday. Palmer's side is denying it

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Bengal Nation!!! I'm not sure what to think about Palmer anymore,the guy doesn't seem to be playing for the right reasons anymore.Dont get me wrong guys,i'm a big Bengals fan,just don't like the way this whole palmer deal was handled! peace guys and enjoy ur Sun. WHO DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....Carson Palmer is not retired officially by paperwork.

Players are supposed to get fined heavily for each practice or day they miss of the training camp/preseason/regular season.

Is Palmer going to get retro-fined back to the beginning of the camp if he comes back?

Would Brown/Lewis allow him to start or force him into a backup role?

I know they only kept 2 QB's on the active roster versus the normal 3 incase Palmer came back, because they can't fill that hole on teh roster without cutting Palmer. So they have to play with a 52 man roster instead of 53 because Palmer is a member of the team not reporting, but he is not retired either, and he is not getting fined as far as I know.

WTF is actually going on with this fiasco?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For each practice/game missed, he can be fined $30,000. Even if it counted every day, it's less than $1 million which is a negligible dent in Palmer's salary.

Word is Brown wants him back and will throw him int the starting lineup right away. Marvin and Gruden apparently want him to earn it back. We all know who's going to win that battle...

Palmer is on the "did not report" list, so he doesn't count against a roster spot right now. As soon as he does report though, they'll have to cut a player to make room for him. In essence, the Bengals cut the 3rd QB because they wanted to use the roster spot elsewhere, not to save room for Palmer.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Slater would have kicked Zach's ass..... He has more muscle and was an all-state wrestler. Just my opinion.