• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacman vs Algieri: Who you got?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going with Pac for more reasons than 1 but mainly because Pac HAS to win so we can hear about if Pac/Mayweather will happen 24/7 until Floyd retires next yr.(if he actually retires)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pac-man should be the favorite, but I just have this feeling that Algieri might pull off the upset.
Pac man if & when he has ever struggled (if you want to call it that) has been against counter punchers.
Roach already said Pac-man will chase Algieri. Algieri is a skilled tactician & has good footwork & showed the ability to adjust in the middle of a fight. Throws his punches with accuracy & from all different angles. Really only thing he lacks to be a household name is power. Pac-man isn't knocking ppl out anymore, but does out hustle them. I could see Algieri upsetting Pac-man by out pointing him or at the very least losing a close fight. To me a KO is out of the question in this fight. I don't think this fight will be as one sided as the media is saying it will be at all.

These are some of my thoughts.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First big fight in a while that wasn't cut and dry IMO. I personally think Pacquiao is done as a legitimate title contender. But then I don't think Algeri is a legitimate title contender yet either. A guy with no power and relying on his skills and his quicks, but who is this young and inexperienced going up a veteran who knows all the little tricks... I probably have to favor Pac-Man here, although I'm not sure how many other fights he would be favored in. Not many in my book. Pac needs to stay busy the whole round though. If he tries that resting for 2:30 and then steal the round in the last :30 crap again he could easy get out pointed.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with Pac, but part of me hopes he loses. I think the only way Floyd fights him is if he is 100% sure he can win and feels Pac has declined to the point where it would no longer be much of a challenge. If that's what it takes...then lose to Algeri!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put your money on Pacquiao folks.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac knocked him down 6 times. Didn't think it would be that easy for him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac just gave Floyd more reasons NOT to fight him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would Floyd excuse be now? Is he going to get back to his drug testing/steroids BS?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would Floyd excuse be now? Is he going to get back to his drug testing/steroids BS?

He'll probably fall back on the old "Pac doesn't deserve as much money as me" mantra.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably fall back on the old "Pac doesn't deserve as much money as me" mantra.

Yeah it's always one of 3 things.

1) Money

2) Drug testing/steroids

3) Bob Arum

He'll choose one of the 3 as always

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac knocked him down 6 times. Didn't think it would be that easy for him.

You have to give Algieri credit though, I did not think he'd end up going the distance, especially after getting his lights knocked out in one of the middle rounds, then the ref even gave him a standing count. He has a lot of heart, you can't deny that. Provodnikov closed his eye but didn't make his legs wobble, he looked like he was ready to fall for half the fight against Pacquiao. One, maybe two of those knockdowns were slips but it wouldn't have made a difference, he was just simply outmatched.

I will say this, Pacquiao is still damn good but he's not what he was a couple of years ago. Usually when he would smell blood, he'd just go for the knockout but ever since Marquez he's been a much more patient fighter. Is this really such a negative though? You could argue that it makes him an even more dangerous fighter.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac just needs to give in a little bit on the $$ issue. Let Floyd have 60% or whatever it is he's griping over. It should be the biggest payday for both in their careers. We all know FM isn't going to budge on an ego thing over money...I am quite sure a guy like Pacman could.

Drug testing Pac can't budge on though. This is just an excuse to avoid the fight and if FM is that scared, so be it. Pac has never given anyone a reason to think he uses illegal drugs and FM got sued for saying otherwise. You don't sue someone for libel/slander unless you are prepared to show what they said is 100% false. So Pac can stick to his principles here and agree to do the same drug tests everyone else does...no more, no less.

I can't stand Arum. They are both surrounded by scumbags (For FM sometimes it's family, so that ain't going anywhere). Could care less of Arum got cut out of the pie, but I doubt that's possible. Both sides are just going to have to come to the table realizing there are people on the other side they can't stand. It's called business.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does FM realize how pathetic 98% of the world thinks this is? Marquez fought Pac 4 times...that's 4 more than FM has.

Nobody but his knucklehead buddies and delusional fans find this amusing. Sign the contract to fight the guy and then you can taunt him as much as you like. At that point, it might be entertaining. Now, it just looks like a coward acting like a moron.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacquiao has almost 20 more fights in his career than Mayweather, he's been a pro for almost 20 years already, if Mayweather doesn't fight him now, he never will.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give Algieri credit though, I did not think he'd end up going the distance, especially after getting his lights knocked out in one of the middle rounds, then the ref even gave him a standing count. He has a lot of heart, you can't deny that. Provodnikov closed his eye but didn't make his legs wobble, he looked like he was ready to fall for half the fight against Pacquiao. One, maybe two of those knockdowns were slips but it wouldn't have made a difference, he was just simply outmatched.

I will say this, Pacquiao is still damn good but he's not what he was a couple of years ago. Usually when he would smell blood, he'd just go for the knockout but ever since Marquez he's been a much more patient fighter. Is this really such a negative though? You could argue that it makes him an even more dangerous fighter.

Oh absolutely Algieri deserves credit but I still didn't thin Pac would do as well as he did. Figured it would be harder on Pac based on his wear/age regardless of who he was fighting is all.

as far as Floyds excuse, I wouldnt be surprised to hear Floyd say something along the lines of how he has nothing left to prove and he has nothing to gain by beating Pac or it would benefit Pac more than himself and he doent want to give Manny that benefit.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of Mayweather's arguments are flawed. Pacquiao has nothing to really gain from this fight either, other than answering the question of who's best, which is something they both should want. Pacquiao has conquered 8 weight divisions and is still beating down bigger fighters with volume punching.

As far as Pacquiao being broke, Freddie Roach once said that Pacquiao would probably go broke for being too generous. The cost of living in the Phillippines is among the lowest in the entire world though, and considering how much of an icon he is there, it's really hard to imagine him ever hurting for money.

It's the fight that the people want to see, Floyd has no more excuses to hide behind.