• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Packers vs Skins

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have a true # 1 WR. He has the aging Jackson and loud mouth Pierre and a rookie. His TE's are excellent and his O-line is good but not even close to Dallas's O-line and the RB's are mediocre at best. Plus the defense is below avg as well. Overall he is statistically a top ten QB easy and he's doing it in a very competitive division. We can all agree on one thing though he will be seeing man $$$$$ after this year ends.
I'm convinced Snyder will overpay him.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the more you post the less it appears you know what you're talking about

This is the truth. All Dak has to do is throw little baby passes with his great O-line, RB, WR corps and TE. They rarely ask him to throw deep or scramble around like RW. He just has to manage the game and they win don't make the costly mistakes and make the basic passes and take what the defense gives you.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reports are saying if he just plays as he did last year he gets about 24 mil a year. WOW, I don't think even RW is getting that kind of money right now.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the truth. All Dak has to do is throw little baby passes with his great O-line, RB, WR corps and TE. They rarely ask him to throw deep or scramble around like RW. He just has to manage the game and they win don't make the costly mistakes and make the basic passes and take what the defense gives you.
funny...yards per attempt should back your claim here but it doesn't

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny...fyards per attempt should back your claim here but it doesn't

He's only attempted 23 passes of more than 20 yards (in the air) and is 8/23 which is about 35%.
Over 67% of his passes are within 10 yards which he completes 72% of those passes. He's a very good game manager that takes what the defense gives him and doesn't make the critical mistake. He's not asked to run around a lot or chuck it deep down field or throw the rock 40+ times.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't help you...maybe you should watch a cowboy game or two

I've seen 4 games which is all I need to know what his limitations are. He plays well within the scheme and he's helped this team win the division.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't help you...maybe you should watch a cowboy game or two

I'm sure he has. The Cowboys are shoved down everyone's throat even when they aren't good. Now that they are, it will be even more so.

I agree with you though, I like Cousins, but Dak could own the city of Dallas within a few years. He's been given a great situation, but he has taken full advantage of it. I'm not going to fault him for it.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only attempted 23 passes of more than 20 yards (in the air) and is 8/23 which is about 35%.
Over 67% of his passes are within 10 yards which he completes 72% of those passes. He's a very good game manager that takes what the defense gives him and doesn't make the critical mistake. He's not asked to run around a lot or chuck it deep down field or throw the rock 40+ times.

But he doesn't really need to. That running game hits the opponent in the mouth and the rest he has been able to do it his way.

He doesn't need to air it out 40 times just by the way the flow of the games go. I don't think it's because he can't do it.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he doesn't really need to. That running game hits the opponent in the mouth and the rest he has been able to do it his way.

He doesn't need to air it out 40 times just by the way the flow of the games go. I don't think it's because he can't do it.

Well so far he hasn't shown he can do it consistently even when asked at 34% comp% on passes 20+ yards. I agree he doesn't have to do it but eventually a defense will be able to slow down that run game and will rely on him more. The same thing happened to RW but he's proven he can put the team on his back and win championships and play great in the clutch.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far he hasn't shown he can do it consistently even when asked at 34% comp% on passes 20+ yards. I agree he doesn't have to do it but eventually a defense will be able to slow down that run game and will rely on him more. The same thing happened to RW but he's proven he can put the team on his back and win championships and play great in the clutch.

I look at Dak as a similar prospect as Russ. I liked both of them a lot in college.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at Dak as a similar prospect as Russ. I liked both of them a lot in college.

Russ was a God in college. If we had him one more year we might have broken many records. The dude had the highest QB rating ever for a QB with us. I didn't see Dak or even hear a word about him until the injury to Romo. I figured oh Dal is done. However, he came in and proved everyone wrong and earned the starting job. Staying healthy and not making the big mistakes is the reason why Romo didn't get the chance to come back in.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ was a God in college. If we had him one more year we might have broken many records. The dude had the highest QB rating ever for a QB with us. I didn't see Dak or even hear a word about him until the injury to Romo. I figured oh Dal is done. However, he came in and proved everyone wrong and earned the starting job. Staying healthy and not making the big mistakes is the reason why Romo didn't get the chance to come back in.

I'm aware. You guys dropped a 30 point beatdown on the Gophers at home that I saw first hand.

Prescott led Mississippi State to an Orange Bowl and played very well in that game. Think about that: Mississippi State to an a Orange Bowl.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm aware. You guys dropped a 30 point beatdown on the Gophers at home that I saw first hand.

Prescott led Mississippi State to an Orange Bowl and played very well in that game. Think about that: Mississippi State to an a Orange Bowl.

Speaking of Badgers vs Minn who do you like in that game? We should win but the line is way to much at 10 points. You guys only lost 3 games and all were close and came down to the last play and you pushed #8 PSU to OT. I think this game will be closer than people think.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all likelihood they probably will overpay Cousins since they rolled the dice last offseason. NP - they do the best that they can & continue to build the team to move in the rt direction. No real problem. This isn't the Redskins from the early-mid 2000s where Snyder was calling most of the shots. This team is finally being built the rt way (just like the Boys now that Jones is not calling most of the shots).

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Badgers vs Minn who do you like in that game? We should win but the line is way to much at 10 points. You guys only lost 3 games and all were close and came down to the last play and you pushed #8 PSU to OT. I think this game will be closer than people think.

I don't. Mitch Leidner can't throw. He has 6 TD passes on the year and 4 of them came against the 1-AA Indiana State. If you stop him and our running backs on the ground this is a 14 point Badger win at the minimum.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. Mitch Leidner can't throw. He has 6 TD passes on the year and 4 of them came against the 1-AA Indiana State. If you stop him and our running backs on the ground this is a 14 point Badger win at the minimum.

Well our biggest weakness is our #2 CB in Derek Tindal on defense. The dude gave up the game winning bomb vs Michigan, the game winning TD in OT vs OSU and was scorched for a 75 yard bomb vs Purdue last week. If he can throw a semi accurate deep pass I would test his side of the field at least multiple times. Other than that the D is pretty solid. I just which we would replace Tindal with faster CB's like Jamerson who is also our return man. That dude can fly. He's been injured and lost his job. They play him in the slot.

Your D should have no problem stopping our offense though when Hornibrook is the QB. The book on him is any kind of pressure and he crumbles like a cookie. We scored 35 points in 9 minutes once we replaced him with Houston but for some dumb reason he's the starter. I think it will be within two TD's unless you guys start turning over the rock.

Good luck