• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers sign Love

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the NFLs to player st 55 mill per season.....

More than Mahomes.....??

Get eff outta here.

Are the Packers crazy........wow,just simply wow.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers have the best QB in the division.

And now he’ll stay in Green Bay for his prime years.

Going rate may be $70-75million per by the time Williams and McCarthy are up for a second deal.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going rate may be $70-75million per by the time Williams and McCarthy are up for a second deal.

That will be the same time Love is up again, unless he's restructured with more years, which is very usual.

Comparing his contract to Mahomes contract is criminal stupidity and the QB market has changed drastically since Mahomes signed. Then again he's a Bears fan and doesn't understand the dynamics of having a QB sign a 2nd contract with the team that drafted him.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I never miss a chance to take a shot at Bears' fans...ever

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is good for the packers. I hope love sucks, but I doubt it.
I think he is gonna just be fair to middling. If I end up right.
I would like to think it was my team that helped him get that contract :heh:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Love took the Pack to multiple SBs,I may understand him getting nice pay raise,as it is......sure glad the Pack over paid......a crippling over pay.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024: cap hit of 20m

2025: cap hit 30m (dead cap 83m if cut before season)

2026: cap hit 35m (dead cap 95m)

2027: cap hit 41m (dead cap 60m)

2028: cap hit 73m (dead cap 63m if cut, assuming $20m 2028 salary gets offset by other team)

2029: void year, dead cap 35m

source: https://atozsports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers-news/full-details-jordan-love-contract-extension/

Even tho its backloaded,Love got waaaaay overpaid......

Thanks for setting the bar so darn high for future qbs.....

Love first year starter,makes playoffs,wins a game vs a notorious choke artist of all teams,not even a top 10 qb,now he is worth 220 mill......lol

Mahomes must be worth a 100 mill a year.......

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love first year starter,makes playoffs,wins a game vs a notorious choke artist of all teams,not even a top 10 qb,now he is worth 220 mill......lol

Keep dreaming your little dream. If your team is ever in this position, you'd be posting all over the place that you have the next great young QB and the Bears will be a force to be reckoned with for years.

I'm very happy to know that you hold me in such high regard as the lead negotiator for the Packers.

He's young and the team has to do what is right not only by Love but also by the market. The market was already set and not paying him the market is telling him you don't believe in him. The real facts are they've been around him for all 4 years he's been in the league and know him better than anybody.

Why are you comparing him to Mahomes? Mahomes signed his deal in a different market, let me know when you get the very basics of market value and we'll discuss it.

The very last fanbase that I would trust to know anything about good QBs is a Bears' fan. You only get the see those about 5 times a year in Chicago, sometimes less, I've had the pleasure of watching real NFL quality QBs for over 30. I realize that you're hoping he fails, if only to project all the failures of the Bears for the last 39 years....39 years...let that one sink in

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this somewhere else on this board and I'll paste it here for the end all QB evaluator Bears' fan in this thread. Be careful, there are some big words and concepts that might throw you off, so you might need a child to explain it to you.

The risk in having the guy wait 3 years and then getting a limited amount of games to base your contract decision is the downside of the Packer's method. The upside is that you can actually get them as mentally ready as possible to play. I'll say it again, QB is probably the most difficult position to learn in the NFL. Some guys can deal with the growing pains right away and do well, others need some time and some get ruined because they're just not ready and are thrown into the fire. That list is as longer than the guys that are ready right away. Read that as Justin Fields, you freaking moron.

The other thing that I think works in the Packers favor, and no other team, is there is no owner that is worried about "their money and investment" so they really are beholden only to the fans. There is not some unseen voice behind the scenes forcing the coach to play their new toy.

To be totally fair, the Packers are around Love all the time and believe they know what they have. They have the film, how he interacts with the other players, coaches and staff. While I would've liked to see more of a team friendly contract, it was just not going to happen based on how he played and what they know. If they do play hardball and force the issue of a shorter deal with less money or more "prove it" money that is incentive based, all they would be doing is creating animosity from Love. For the Packers that's probably worse than overpaying him. He walks after the prove it deal because they didn't believe in him, or it really costs them. So, this is what they have and now we'll see if it works out for all involved.

Now that you've had somebody read this to you, go back to the Bear's board and discuss the Bear's 2025 draft and prospects.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both GB & CHI. fans should feel giddy about their QB at this point and time.

Stuff can change in a season, if not 6 weeks.

I'm not 100% sure the Packers have the real deal at QB. What I do know is that the Packers probably know better than I do and they made the decision to pay him and move forward. I also know that the Packers didn't and haven't looked like morons by trading 2nd round picks and a 3rd rounder, plus swap their 1st round pick to move up one spot to pick Mitch Trubisky. I also know the Packers didn't trade up from 20 to 11, trading the #20 pick and a 5th round pick, plus the next year's first round and 4th round selections to pick Justin Fields. Then, they did what any good franchise would do, play them too early and ruin them. The book on both of them was they needed some time to learn the NFL game because of limited play in college. The Bears didn't do that for either of them. Instead, they did what the Bears do best, and that's don't give them the proper coaching or mentoring for success. Neither of them may have had the mental acuity to play QB, still to be seen with Fields, but either way that dummy has no room to talk, none at all.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers are not backloading Love's pay. They are delaying cap accountancy. That is sensible when the cap is increasing annually and there is no increased cost by delaying the accounting.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a top 10qb? Look at his TDs, interceptions and yardage numbers for the full season

There are 2 other QBS getting the same pay as him. It is the price you have to pay now days if you want to keep a QB. All the division teams are saying it was only a good 2nd half of a season and it wont continue because that it what they want to happen.

Look at Detroit with Goff getting 4 year extension for $212 mill and what has he done? Then look at what the Lions pay for 1 receiver St Brown getting 4 year $120 mil. Do you realize the Packers complete set of receivers and tight ends are like $11 million total and they are pretty damn good. Over $80 million for 2 players on the Lions and $66 million for 7 players on the Packers. St Brown has scored 2 TDs against the Packer in 6 games. By the time the young Pcker receivers contracts are up in 3 years the Salary cap will be a bit higher and Loves Cap # is not $55 mil.

The only concern would be dead cap if they do not keep him for the next 4 years or so. With having a full year of experience and getting timing down with the rookie receivers by mid season things went well and Love was the best QB in the league the 2nd half of the season.

Maybe you could share why you think it is not possible for his play at the end of last season to continue?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a top 10qb? Look at his TDs, interceptions and yardage numbers for the full season

There are 2 other QBS getting the same pay as him. It is the price you have to pay now days if you want to keep a QB. All the division teams are saying it was only a good 2nd half of a season and it wont continue because that it what they want to happen.

Look at Detroit with Goff getting 4 year extension for $212 mill and what has he done? Then look at what the Lions pay for 1 receiver St Brown getting 4 year $120 mil. Do you realize the Packers complete set of receivers and tight ends are like $11 million total and they are pretty damn good. Over $80 million for 2 players on the Lions and $66 million for 7 players on the Packers. St Brown has scored 2 TDs against the Packer in 6 games. By the time the young Pcker receivers contracts are up in 3 years the Salary cap will be a bit higher and Loves Cap # is not $55 mil.

The only concern would be dead cap if they do not keep him for the next 4 years or so. With having a full year of experience and getting timing down with the rookie receivers by mid season things went well and Love was the best QB in the league the 2nd half of the season.

Maybe you could share why you think it is not possible for his play at the end of last season to continue?
Woah now.

Goff has a SB appearance and two NFCC appearances before he’s 30. And one is with the fucking Lions. Let’s not pretend like the man hasn’t shown up for his employers.

I mean, I’d rather have Love. Let’s just be real. But he’s not gonna be making what Dak is next year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s coming. He waited. Like a smart man should. Jerry’s an idiot.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not better than Goff. Wasn't better than Cousins. Is he better than Caleb? He could be the worst QB in the division very soon.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not better than Goff. Wasn't better than Cousins. Is he better than Caleb? He could be the worst QB in the division very soon.

He could also be the best very soon. In case you don't get it, we've seen Goff's ceiling, we've seen nothing of Caleb or McCarthy, but we have seen a limited sample of Love, and his ceiling is higher than Goff's. Now go back to rubbing one out to your Howie doll.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how Love adjusts to “mattering”. He had a really nice 8-9 game finish. Getting ready to stop Jordan Love wasn’t something that DCs invested their off seasons in. He was good enough this past season to demand that kind of attention. DCs will think they have some adjustments to get after him this year.