• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Wilde:

McCarthy says the only injury issue is Jermichael Finley's hamstring, but since he isn't required to talk about it, he won't.

Packers will practice late Tuesday, which will be a Wednesday ... "The normal week will kick in at the end of the week."

McCarthy on Joe Webb doing (a little) read-option and how it helps vs. San Francisco: "It will definitely help us with Kaepernick."

McCarthy on being the perceived underdog: "Our players like that. I think they respond better when they're disrespected."

McCarthy on #Packers and #49ers since Week 1 meeting: "They're a different team, too. Everybody is."

McCarthy on Harris: "He's a pretty cool customer. I don't think a lot gets him excited. He's a steady personality, he's getting better."

McCarthy on Driver: "He's a class act ... he's an excellent teammate ... everybody understands what he means to this organization."

McCarthy on Driver: "He may have an opportunity this week, we'll see how it shakes out." Special teams a factor.

McCarthy sounds as though he kept LB Terrell Manning active over Driver for special-teams purposes. Manning won ST game ball.

Point of the question about Webb-Kaepernick was that #Packers have seen very little read-option this season, got small taste last night.

McCarthy on Rodgers: "He'll be clutch for us, like he always is."

Shawn Slocum on Jeremy Ross and Randall Cobb "We've got two returners." #Packers

When was the last time Aaron Rodgers threw a pick-6? Only once in his career, at Tampa Bay.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
McCarthy on Joe Webb doing (a little) read-option and how it helps vs. San Francisco: "It will definitely help us with Kaepernick."

This is like saying walking up a flight of stairs will help you with climbing Mt. Whitney.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ESPN's poll tonight: Which divisional-round game are you most looking forward to?

Ravens at Broncos: 23%

Packers at 49ers: 44%

Seahawks at Falcons: 19%

Texans at Patriots: 14%

Total votes: 70,009

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners are still favorites tomorrow to win this week I'm heading to Vegas immediately. I hate a windfall at my team's expense but this one just can't be passed up. At an absolute minimum GB will cover. No way they don't.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the Niners are still favorites tomorrow to win this week I'm heading to Vegas immediately. I hate a windfall at my team's expense but this one just can't be passed up. At an absolute minimum GB will cover. No way they don't.

How'd you do betting against them in the divisional round last year?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we start talking GB-SF already!?!?!!??!?!? i dont wanna wait 5 days!!!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd you do betting against them in the divisional round last year?

I didn't bet against them because they were the under dogs and I fully expected them to lose. I have a guy I trust implicitly in Vegas. He has never steered me wrong on a 49er bet in the 17 years I've been betting with him. Unfortunately, the big money makers he picks almost always involve the 49ers not covering. But that is business and business is business. What is really nice was like when the Niners were favored by 4 over the Giants in 02 in the playoffs and the 49ers won but didn't cover. You cannot imagine the satisfaction from that and we did that a lot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's all we need; a Packer offense that feels like it has something to prove.

the Packers offense might be at their best, but they might not? i'm not sweating their passing attack throwing us up and down the field. they didn't do it against the Vikings and out D is a little better, more rested.

the question is more.......if OUR offense can do enough? our offense might be at their best, who knows?

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Packers offense might be at their best, but they might not? i'm not sweating their passing attack throwing us up and down the field. they didn't do it against the Vikings and out D is a little better, more rested.

the question is more.......if OUR offense can do enough? our offense might be at their best, who knows?

I have plenty of faith in Kaepernick, Crabtree, Gore, and Lamicheal James. Vernon Davis is going to really need to step it up, Delanie Walker needs to not drop easy catches :yell: and the oline needs to block Matthews and give Kaepernick enough time to throw the ball

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have plenty of faith in Kaepernick, Crabtree, Gore, and Lamicheal James. Vernon Davis is going to really need to step it up, Delanie Walker needs to not drop easy catches :yell: and the oline needs to block Matthews and give Kaepernick enough time to throw the ball

they need use mathews speed against him or move the pocket away from him

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Last game we played them Clay sh8tted on Joe. However, Joe had problem breathing which explained the reason he was struggling in that game. Joe remembers that and will return the favors this time around.

My biggest fear is Rodgers when he breaks pocket. My 2nd biggest fear is Jones or Cobbs Vs. Culliver. Though that is my second biggest worry, I am currently losing much more sleep over that than anything else.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like saying walking up a flight of stairs will help you with climbing Mt. Whitney.

LOL

I think he might mean more that they've prepared for it in practice and understand their assignments, but I could be wrong, in which case I echo your sentiment.