• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers at Chargers

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What a stupid article! Of course rushing yards don't matter in a passer rating. It's not rating how good of a passer you are. There's no stat for evading the rush either.

And Michael Vick was an AVERAGE QB most of his career just like Collins. So that article proves the antithesis of what it's arguing!

Oh and "handling the football" is supposed to be Vick's strength versus Collins? Vick fumbles about as much as any QB in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more fumbles per snap than 90% of all QBs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid article! Of course rushing yards don't matter in a passer rating. It's not rating how good of a passer you are. There's no stat for evading the rush either.

And Michael Vick was an AVERAGE QB most of his career just like Collins. So that article proves the antithesis of what it's arguing!

Oh and "handling the football" is supposed to be Vick's strength versus Collins? Vick fumbles about as much as any QB in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if he has more fumbles per snap than 90% of all QBs.

Smith's QB rating today was 110. Without the wide open TD to Bruce Miller that QB rating drops 20 points to 90. I refuse to acknowledge a rating system that's skewed so much by one play. A play that any starting QB in the NFL should make, at that.

It's a ludicrous system that de-emphasizes situational football. It doesn't take into account YACs by WRs, failed 3rd down attempts, easy throws, tough throws, etc. Instead, it values garbage time TDs/yards as much as TDs and yards in crucial situations. Look at Rivers today. He spotted the Packers 14 points in the first quarter and his rating was still 106.

GTFO of here with that shit. The only way to judge a QB is by watching him play, not by looking looking at what might be the dumbest player rating system in sports.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Smith's QB rating today was 110. Without the wide open TD to Bruce Miller that QB rating drops 30 points to 90.

20 points. And should he be punished, in your mind, 'cause Miller was wide open?

I refuse to acknowledge a rating system that's skewed so much by one play. A play that any starting QB in the NFL should make, at that.

When he only had 24 attempts 1 TD pass is a pretty big part of his game.

It's a ludicrous system that de-emphasizes situational football. It doesn't take into account YACs by WRs, failed 3rd down attempts, easy throws, tough throws, etc.

You're missing the point about what the passer rating is. It's about efficiency. It's not the ONLY indication of who's a better QB. Over time you see how efficient a QB is based on the passer rating. You don't necessarily see who's better overall.

And YAC should count as passing yards. The QB has to recognize a receiver with daylight ahead of him. Also, you can't discount 1st & 2nd down by saying 3rd down is more important. If a QB doens't even get to 3rd down that's even better. And sometimes a QB is in 4 down offense. If you start looking at specific stats like that you're not getting a broad picture of his performance.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you guys like a cult, or can I join conversation without drinking the kool-aid?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 points. And should he be punished, in your mind, 'cause Miller was wide open?

Who said anything about punishing Alex Smith? This debate is about how ludicrous and non-relevant the QB rating is. A play like that shouldn't have that much affect on a player's rating. I don't care if it's JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, or Aaron Rodgers.

When he only had 24 attempts 1 TD pass is a pretty big part of his game.

There were a bunch of throws he missed as well that left points on the field. Where are those in the QB rating? Or were those not apart of his game?

You're missing the point about what the passer rating is. It's about efficiency. It's not the ONLY indication of who's a better QB. Over time you see how efficient a QB is based on the passer rating. You don't necessarily see who's better overall.

It doesn't tell me anything. A QB can go 9-12 for 85 yards with 1 TD that a WR took 50 yards for a score and a pick and still have a QB rating in the 90s. If I want efficiency I'll look at completion %, first downs, and 3rd down conversion rates.

And YAC should count as passing yards. The QB has to recognize a receiver with daylight ahead of him. Also, you can't discount 1st & 2nd down by saying 3rd down is more important. If a QB doens't even get to 3rd down that's even better. And sometimes a QB is in 4 down offense. If you start looking at specific stats like that you're not getting a broad picture of his performance.

We went 3-12 on third down today. How is that efficient? Smith's part in that is included where in the QB rating? Meanwhile, all of the tackles that Crabtree broke today for extras yards and a few first downs counts in the QB passer rating, right?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI. Your signature is false. Green Bay has Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood, and all similar trademarks are an infringement!!!!

mr-rodgers-neighborhood-aaron-rodgers_design.png

!CDhV3RgCWk~$(KGrHqIOKnEEz2T,)jLGBNO30UkMj!~~_35.JPG

Also. RICE FUMBLED!!! (a la 1998) :lol:

Good luck you guys. Always sort of liked the 9ers when they weren't playing the Pack.

:rapture:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI. Your signature is false. Green Bay has Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood, and all similar trademarks are an infringement!!!!

Good luck you guys. Always sort of liked the 9ers when they weren't playing the Pack.

Awww lol..... good luck to you guys as well... looks like they'll win this one(Nelson TD)...

Rice doesn't fumble :whistle:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard to believe that every single Packer fan is such a moron, but they remove any doubt every time they cry about that, as if they didn't get any calls in the 49ers/Packers games.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Career Passer Rating Leaders - Pro-Football-Reference.com

How's that for your big sample size for QB rating, Sick? According to this Tony Romo is more efficient than Joe Montana. Jake Delhomme more efficient than Warren Moon. Jeff George more efficient than Frank Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, and John Elway. Or, the kicker, Joe Flacco the 19th most efficient QB of all time.

Give me a break.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How's that for your big sample size for QB rating, Sick? According to this Tony Romo is more efficient than Joe Montana. Jake Delhomme more efficient than Warren Moon. Jeff George more efficient than Frank Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, and John Elway. Or, the kicker, Joe Flacco the 19th most efficient QB of all time.
Give me a break.

Did you see my post about HISTORICAL passer ratings? I'd be willing to bet Tony Romo's passer rating agains the average isn't better than Montana's passer rating against the average. The rules & calls change so much you can only really compare performances against the average when looking at YPA, commpletion percentage, passer rating, etc.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's hard to believe that every single Packer fan is such a moron, but they remove any doubt every time they cry about that, as if they didn't get any calls in the 49ers/Packers games.

Approved!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn these Packers look an awful lot like a team from the '80s!