• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers at Chargers

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes Tebow. His game as a whole as just as good as smith. Imo

People claim Smith had a good week vs Det. His statline was 17/34 125 1td 1 int.

We aren't talking about the Detroit game. And "good" does not equal "great." You are comparing Tebow's game today, where he threw 21 passes for just over 100 yards with a completion percentage of less than 50 was the equivalent of Smith's game.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tebow 10/21 125 2 tds 0ints 125 rushing yards. 250 total yards 2 tds. In his teams win.

Im not saying tebow is better, trust me lol

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Smith had Becks game, people would say that was a great game for Smith.

Stop. You're coming across as an ignorant hater right now. There is plenty from today that you can point to if you want to downgrade Smith's performance. To say that Tebow and Beck had games today the equivalent of Smith is asinine.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not a Smith hater, im just looking at it as an unbiased 9er fan. For Alex Smith it was a great game. For most QBs in the NFL it would be considered a avg to good game, not great. Rodgers had a 'great game'

Guess it depends what you consider a great game. Smith made a couple good throws, and a couple poor throws. He missed some plays and made a few. Nothing special.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He didnt win us the game, nor did he lose it. His game against Philly was a great game.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why are you such a hyper-sensitive punk whenever someone says anything negative about Alex Smith? Are you that offended and taken back that I'm using an Alex Smith play to discredit QB rating? I can use another QB if that will make you feel better.

Sure, let's credit him for the Davis drop. As long as we discredit him for the stupid sack he took today and the numerous overthrows this week and last.

From here, you're the one who's looking sensitive. I've criticized Smith plenty this year, including today. He did take a couple bad sacks today. I didn't notice many (any?) overthrows today, but he had quite a few the two weeks prior. Which I raised repeatedly in the Crabtree thread.

As for criticizing passer rating, I can't say it would make me feel "better" if you looked at another QB, but it would be less likely to draw a response from me and others on this board if you didn't cite to Smith's TD pass.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From here, you're the one who's looking sensitive. I've criticized Smith plenty this year, including today. He did take a couple bad sacks today. I didn't notice many (any?) overthrows today, but he had quite a few the two weeks prior. Which I raised repeatedly in the Crabtree thread.

As for criticizing passer rating, I can't say it would make me feel "better" if you looked at another QB, but it would be less likely to draw a response from me and others on this board if you didn't cite to Smith's TD pass.

I used Tom Brady's and Philip Rivers' performances from today as well as evidence against the QB rating. Rivers primarily, who had two pick-sixes in the first quarter and still ended the period with a 106 QB rating. Why can I use Brady and Rivers and not Smith?

Fair enough. You did disagree that he played great today, and I respect that. Generally speaking, though, people are hyper sensitive when it comes to Smith criticism on this board.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used Tom Brady's and Philip Rivers' performances from today as well as evidence against the QB rating. Rivers primarily, who had two pick-sixes in the first quarter and still ended the period with a 106 QB rating. Why can I use Brady and Rivers and not Smith?

Fair enough. You did disagree that he played great today, and I respect that. Generally speaking, though, people are hyper sensitive when it comes to Smith criticism on this board.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it's our quarterback (I know I sound like TO) and we're winning. I'm sure no one would be sensitive over someone else's QB, so what do you expect? There shouldn't be any shock there. I know we're beyond ESPN but you can't expect that there won't be a number of us who respond equally as homerish as some were haterish.

I don't think Smith's game was THAT great but with no offense, you have made it loud and clear over the past few seasons that you don't like Smith (or rather his play). I think there are enough people on this board that don't think he played a great game that you could have avoided the attacks by simply letting them display their disagreement with Sickness's post. I mean Crimsoncrew has been seen as an Alex supporter before and he said it wasn't great. You jumped in a little quick to shut that post down - which, of course, is your right and perogative. Just don't act all surprised.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be attacking you or your opinion(s), I'm just saying don't be surprised about all these posts and the angle some are taking. Some are just excited, some are sensitive because of fandom or past exaggerations, and some take into account your clear feelings. I think you've been fair in your assessments of Smith's game, but seem oblivious as to why others mis-take your posts (though I know you know).

As for this game, I thought that he played well enough in a win that I didn't need to worry about categorization of his play. I am somewhere in between you and Ray Dogg. If we had lost, even on someone else's mistake, I might have judged him on his response to that person's mistake.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beck had a pretty weak game overall. Showed up late but didn't do nearly as much as Alex Smith.

Tebow had a weak passing performance. But I was watching that game and he had a major impact in Denver's win. I think anyone who actually watched the second half of that game would have a hard time downplaying his impact in that victory, even though he wasn't doing it through the air.

Oakland's defense was completely frozen with the way Tebow was fooling them in various option runs and was consistently making them pay. If a conventional QB like Beck was inserted with his weak performance, there's no way McGahee goes untouched on multiple runs and Denver probably doesn't pull it out.

Whether he's able to repeat this gimmick option attack with any success in the NFL in the future is a big question, but his individual effort absolutely killed Oakland in today's game. When time was ticking down Oakland knew they were going to run, and still couldn't even slow them down because of the running threat Tebow was bringing to the table.

Thepatty13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly.. People look at tebows statline and say he sucked. I thought his statline was just as good as Smiths, but if you add the affect he had on the game his game was more impressive than Smiths. You have to watch games and judge on total affect not just a 100 QB rating.