• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers already spending Sitton money

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed David Bakhtiari to an extension. 4 years for $51.6 million.

I dont know the breakdown yet.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes that money will go all over the place unless we front load the hell of his deal.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep- like many predicted Sitton was moved to extend someone else on the OL.

There were many factors that played into Sitton being gone as money was just one of them and most likely not the biggest reason from the word that is going around. But it is true that age and keeping your team young is important in a teams long term success. It is just nice to be able to build a good offensive line with 4th and 5th round draft picks and have it be one of the top O lines and then still be able to cut a 3 time pro bowl player and be able to fill his position with team depth and still be able to function without much of a drop off as as there did not appear to be any drop off in play at the left guard in week one.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lane was pretty stout.

He will surely be tested this Sunday however.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lane was pretty stout.

He will surely be tested this Sunday however.
I agree this weekend will be tough but Malik Jackson isnt a push over either.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor looked solid and the Packers basically gave up no sacks (Rodgers took blame for the one he thought he passed the LOS) and 2 QB hits while Bears relinquished 5 sacks and 13 hits on poor Jay. Sitton looked mediocre in his first game. Great move by Lord TT the great white polar bear.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor looked solid and the Packers basically gave up no sacks (Rodgers took blame for the one he thought he passed the LOS) and 2 QB hits while Bears relinquished 5 sacks and 13 hits on poor Jay. Sitton looked mediocre in his first game. Great move by Lord TT the great white polar bear.

Actually, Sitton played fine, it was mostly the Bears Tackles that blew, and most of that came late, after Houston had built a slight lead, allowing them to pin their ears back and blitz.

JJ Watt had one assist tackle. He was completely neutralized.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Sitton played fine, it was mostly the Bears Tackles that blew, and most of that came late, after Houston had built a slight lead, allowing them to pin their ears back and blitz.

JJ Watt had one assist tackle. He was completely neutralized.

I thought JJ plays all over on the line?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought JJ plays all over on the line?

He does, but he matched up against Sitton quite a few times. Sitton looked fine to me...the times they did match up against each other, Sitton manhandled him. Dude can still play. I understand completely why they moved on from him, as he is getting up there, and he is not really a "future" player, so to speak, but for now, there is nothing wrong with him aside from time not being on his side and possibly a bloated salary.

I am happy to have him.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does, but he matched up against Sitton quite a few times. Sitton looked fine to me...the times they did match up against each other, Sitton manhandled him. Dude can still play. I understand completely why they moved on from him, as he is getting up there, and he is not really a "future" player, so to speak, but for now, there is nothing wrong with him aside from time not being on his side and possibly a bloated salary.

I am happy to have him.

Glad to see losing 20 lbs of chub and healing the lower back issues brought him back because he was struggling the last couple seasons. Bears need OT's obviously. I would say draft Badgers since they normally have NFL talent at the Offensive Line positions. Unfortunately, that didn't work out last time. I guess Gabe was frequently injured.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see losing 20 lbs of chub and healing the lower back issues brought him back because he was struggling the last couple seasons. Bears need OT's obviously. I would say draft Badgers since they normally have NFL talent at the Offensive Line positions. Unfortunately, that didn't work out last time. I guess Gabe was frequently injured.

Ya, that one hurt, I thought he was gonna be a stud.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Watt is fully healthy yet from his back injury

I agree. They have a few studs in that front 7 tho.

I thought the Bears did alright against em' in the first half. Once we turned it over in the second half, they gained some easy points and momentum and that all changed.

Once they were up by two scores, they let the dogs loose and the Bears couldn't handle their pressure