• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers should consider trading Scola for Barea

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Wolves tried and failed to trade J.J. Barea to Sixers - CBSSports.com

Even with Mahinmi going down and an offseason of housecleaning, the Pacers still remain too big. And as you all have seen - Using large, plodding lineups have done nothing but hurt the Pacers on the offensive end of the floor. Barea would give us a reliable backup PG and leave the option open to start Watson and George Hill in the same backcourt.

As of right now, I don't have this Pacers team making the playoffs, but I'm not going to count out the defensive mentality of this team.

Minnesota could then cut Scola and save themselves a couple million...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's irrelevant anything they do now. Their season is over before it even started, but I could be wrong.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Wolves tried and failed to trade J.J. Barea to Sixers - CBSSports.com

Even with Mahinmi going down and an offseason of housecleaning, the Pacers still remain too big. And as you all have seen - Using large, plodding lineups have done nothing but hurt the Pacers on the offensive end of the floor. Barea would give us a reliable backup PG and leave the option open to start Watson and George Hill in the same backcourt.

As of right now, I don't have this Pacers team making the playoffs, but I'm not going to count out the defensive mentality of this team.

Minnesota could then cut Scola and save themselves a couple million...
Larry Bird prob. doesn't either.

So with that said, J.J is guaranteed 4.5mil this year and Scola a little under 1mil. I don't think Larry would want to add salary for a back-up PG who will be a UFA next season. Should be able to find a back-up PG for much less for the lost, up coming season.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's irrelevant anything they do now. Their season is over before it even started, but I could be wrong.

Nah, you're right. They're done.

I know frontrunning is hip these days, but we still got a season to play in a weak Eastern Conference. I know I was never at a job where expectations were at an all-time low and was expected to dog it...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird prob. doesn't either.

So with that said, J.J is guaranteed 4.5mil this year and Scola a little under 1mil. I don't think Larry would want to add salary for a back-up PG who will be a UFA next season. Should be able to find a back-up PG for much less for the lost, up coming season.

Pretty sure Scola is guaranteed $2.5 million in the event he's cut. Again, the East is weak. There's no tanking. There's no one in free agency at the moment, but if there's a guy out there on the trade market that could possibly help the team right now, you have to look into it. Just as long as you're not paying the luxury tax...