• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Kingsley,

We are in need of offensive linemen and we have a long tradition of Polynesian players being successful here. If you'd like to come for an on campus visit, we'll be more than happy to have Troy Polamalu and Talanoa Hufanga be there to show you around.

Sincerely,

The USC Trojans
I got a feeling this is about him wanting to be closer to home. Expect BYU and Utah to be in play. Huskies couldn't recruit their way out of a paper bag right now so we're out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of chatter of Franklin from Penn St. being a top candidate. Not a west coast guy, but I could see it happening. Especially after word he recently switched agents.

Yeah, a lot of folks have him all but hired. He does check a lot of the boxes. He's not my first choice, but I wouldn't be upset at the hire.

From what I read, that agent he hired is pretty aggressive, so he'll be leveraging USC against LSU and leveraging both of them against Penn St. Biggest check wins.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling this is about him wanting to be closer to home. Expect BYU and Utah to be in play. Huskies couldn't recruit their way out of a paper bag right now so we're out.

Yeah, I just looked...he's from Orem, Utah...so Utah and BYU should definitely be in play. Especially Utah. Hopefully Coach Donte will at least make a phone call.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoying when true freshmen pull this crap, but it's the way of the world in CFB nowadays.
Covid continues to cause a lot of dysfunction when it comes to recruiting and players having issues being far from their families. It will continue.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoying when true freshmen pull this crap, but it's the way of the world in CFB nowadays.

It happens. Sounds like Utah or BYU.

He's buried on the depth chart now and Banks is coming in next year. Connerly also visiting this weekend, I wouldn't be shocked if they were able to pull him away from Michigan. Kingsley might feel there's a better chance to play early close to home.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, a lot of folks have him all but hired. He does check a lot of the boxes. He's not my first choice, but I wouldn't be upset at the hire.

From what I read, that agent he hired is pretty aggressive, so he'll be leveraging USC against LSU and leveraging both of them against Penn St. Biggest check wins.
I didn’t know this, Franklin got his career started as a GA as Wazzu, so naturally he will choose us over you guys.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting. Under normal circumstances, those are pretty minor violations that should result in nothing more than a slap on the wrist and ASU promising to never do it again. Basically, fire or suspend the ringleader and maybe lose a schollie or 2 kind of stuff.

But, it was a recruiting issue and everyone is all spun up over Covid...so the NCAA could look to ''make an example of them.''

Did you see @RegentDenali post on Thursday? Looks like Pierce is out.
I saw the report, but as far as I know AP is still the defensive coordinator. There were rumors/reports that Pierce was the guy who kind of encouraged the younger recruiting oriented assistants to fudge the rules, and that his favoritism towards them irritated other staffers. I wouldn't be shocked if they fired him. However, most of the info that has come out has had a bit of jilted ex girlfriend to it, too. I don't think many people that really know what is going are commenting yet.

If it IS bad, the delay and complete loss of a recruiting class is going to cost us. I guess it will come down to how it gets spun or who can be retained. If Herm and AP get a vote of confidence, which I think is the smart move if not the right move, they'll come out ok. My concern is they fire everyone in January with nothing to show for it and we sink to Arizona levels unless there's some hero hire on the horizon coming to save the program. Right now the possibility of punishment and lack of clarity is proving more harmful for recruiting than if the NCAA just came down and gave us the medicine (provided it wasn't something wildly out of line).

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of chatter of Franklin from Penn St. being a top candidate. Not a west coast guy, but I could see it happening. Especially after word he recently switched agents.
A bunch of buddies of mine went to PSU and this would be something they indeed like to see.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Seems kind of like Nebraska fans wanting coaches gone.
8 yrs of the same thing. Usually can't get past OSU and always has that one game against a bad team that rears its ugly head that kills any chance to get to their conference championship game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 yrs of the same thing. Usually can't get past OSU and always has that one game against a bad team that rears its ugly head that kills any chance to get to their conference championship game.
I mean I get that, but do Penn State people really think they are on the level of Ohio State?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I get that, but do Penn State people really think they are on the level of Ohio State?
No, which why they want a fresh start instead of continuing spinning wheels in the same pile of mud.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, which why they want a fresh start instead of continuing spinning wheels in the same pile of mud.
I guess I kind of get it, but I think they have reached their zenith. As good as Paterno was do they really think they are a top 10 program since the 80’s?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I kind of get it, but I think they have reached their zenith. As good as Paterno was do they really think they are a top 10 program since the 80’s?
No, not with Franklin at the helm.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or anyone though. Penn State isn’t going to surpass Ohio State with no matter what coach they have.
Not true, imho. PSU, with the right Coach, could surpass tOSU, if tOSU didn't have the right Coach. So could Michigan and MSU, maybe even Maryland, with the right coach. Iowa, UMn, NW and Wisconsin in the West could as well. Nebraska? Not sure? Most thought Frost was the "right coach", so either Frost is a bust, or Nebraska no longer has the mojo required to rise that high?

Granted, if tOSU has the right coach, and I'm not convinced they have that, then only Michigan or PSU, with the right coach, could match them, but neither could surpass them, I don't think. Michigan, PSU and tOSU are the only 3 in the B1G, who with just the right coach, could rise to the level of competing and occasionally beating the Bamas, when led by the right coach, of the world.

Wisconsin was apparently missing at least one key element as both Alvarez and Bielema seemed to be the "right coach", winning them 2.5 and 3.5 conf titles, but no Top 4 poll rankings prior to the bowls. Same with Iowa and NW. UMn has yet to have the right coach to prove either way. Not since Warmath.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penn State needs to keep up with Ohio State in the facility wars. That’s far more important than getting a new coach IMO if they want to be on the same level as Ohio State

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State needs to keep up with Ohio State in the facility wars. That’s far more important than getting a new coach IMO if they want to be on the same level as Ohio State
No way, the "right coach" or even just a good coach is WAY more important than facilities. That can be verified with probably hundreds of examples. Granted, facilities are ONE of the things recruits consider, and if everything else was equal, could be the deciding factor, but Id almost bet that facilities have NEVER ranked as a single recruits #1 priority, whereas the coach or coaching staff is probably the#1 factor more than any other.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or anyone though. Penn State isn’t going to surpass Ohio State with no matter what coach they have.
Not true. A better coach with better game plans and getting past OSU more than once every six years will help bring in better recruits.