• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So snagging Chip Kelly had nothing to do with Oregon's improved recruiting rankings?

No. He was already there. Oregon had started to improve, but they had kind of plateaued. Then they started upgrading their facilities and landing better recruits.

I mean, I'm not saying facilities aren't important, UMn hasn't spent loads on a new stadium followed by new facilities just because, either. But great facilities without the right coach leads to shit like Michigan is going through right now, lol.

Except, from what I understand, Michigan's facilities aren't all that great either. Especially, compared to tOSU. Additionally, as I said, great facilities are part of what it takes to attract the right coach.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He was already there. Oregon had started to improve, but they had kind of plateaued. Then they started upgrading their facilities and landing better recruits.

Except, from what I understand, Michigan's facilities aren't all that great either. Especially, compared to tOSU. Additionally, as I said, great facilities are part of what it takes to attract the right coach.
So Oregon's facilities didn't get an upgrade until AFTER they hired the right coach? And Michigan paid way too much for the wrong coach and you are wondering why they may be hesitant to throw tons of money towards facilities?

Minnesota didn't consider upgrading their facilities until AFTER Glen Mason got people believing UMn could compete for the Conf Title, and Mason started pressuring the Administration to invest in a new Stadium. And it was Jerry Kill who inspired UMn to upgrade their practice facilities. It's true those facilities may have been a factor in what led to UMn getting Fleck, its just that the right coach almost always has to come first.

Name me more than one or two schools that invested tons into new or upgraded facilities while the wrong coach was leading them to losing seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Oregon's facilities didn't get an upgrade until AFTER they hired the right coach?

No, he was only there a year, then he became head coach. They had already started upgrading before he was hired as their OC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Michigan paid way too much for the wrong coach and you are wondering why they may be hesitant to throw tons of money towards facilities?

They're not going to get the right coach until they do.

And lol @trying to act like Minnesota belongs in the conversation.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going to get the right coach until they do.

And lol @trying to act like Minnesota belongs in the conversation.
Right now, AP and coaches poll both have...

SEVEN B1G teams ranked ahead of Utah at 33/34, including the Gophers, and Utah's ranked ahead of ASU, whose only getting votes in the Coaches poll. Didn't see USC anywhere in the rankings.

So the B1G has 7 in the Top 31 of both polls, the PAC only one, lol. Yet USC can't manage to rise to the top of such a pile of crap?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is a C-tier coaching job.
Oregon's stadium has close to the same capacity as UMn's, though UMn's was designed to be easily expandable to be larger than USC's current capacity. Oregon's Sugar Daddy is getting old and losing to a really bad Stanford team and being in the weakest P5 conf, hell, even the AAC is better than the PAC this year, makes Oregon a D-tier coaching job. And USC hasn't been any better than the Gophers the last 4-6 seasons.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Depending on what you consider C-tier? I suppose you believe Oregon is A-tier?

A-tier would be programs like Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia.

Oregon is in the next group.

Minnesota is in the group below that. Garbage program.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's stadium has close to the same capacity as UMn's, though UMn's was designed to be easily expandable to be larger than USC's current capacity. Oregon's Sugar Daddy is getting old and losing to a really bad Stanford team and being in the weakest P5 conf, hell, even the AAC is better than the PAC this year, makes Oregon a D-tier coaching job. And USC hasn't been any better than the Gophers the last 4-6 seasons.
Can you find any website that lists Minnesota as a better HC spot than Oregon?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC's AP poll points since 2015 has had it ranked

5th, 2nd, 5th, 5th, 4th, 8th and 6th, lol

And always well behind the B1G

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-tier would be programs like Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia.

Oregon is in the next group.

Minnesota is in the group below that. Garbage program.
Oregon will eventually fade back into an almost was, after Uncle Sugar Daddy Phil's blood soaked money stops rolling in after he dies.

And the PAC's slow death as a conference won't help Oregon's fate, either.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon will eventually fade back into an almost was, after Uncle Sugar Daddy Phil's blood soaked money stops rolling in after he dies.

And the PAC's slow death as a conference won't help Oregon's fate, either.

Maybe in 20+ years.