• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you two done YET talking in circles and trying to stir up drama? All of your system? :L

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you two done YET talking in circles and trying to stir up drama? All of your system? :L

No drama. You wrote something and got all triggered when he replied.
But keep acting like his reply came from nowhere.
I asked you what USC fans where laughing about Chip being at UCLA. You wrote that. I was just curious where you got that from. I do remember a few of us commenting. I don't recall anyone thinking it was a joke of a hire. Are you going to answer that or are you going to keep acting like someone hacked your screen name and get all offended when some one just wants to know why you think what you wrote.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No drama. You wrote something and got all triggered when he replied.
But keep acting like his reply came from nowhere.
I asked you what USC fans where laughing about Chip being at UCLA. You wrote that. I was just curious where you got that from. I do remember a few of us commenting. I don't recall anyone thinking it was a joke of a hire. Are you going to answer that or are you going to keep acting like someone hacked your screen name and get all offended when some one just wants to know why you think what you wrote.
You both are real pieces of work. You both make captain obvious kind of statements and act like there is some real question to be answered. What's with you anyway? lol.

Of course it was poking fun. How was that not patently obvious? I mean no shit sherlock. You get to take liberties when making fun of something. You act like I made some kind of blanket statement of some kind. There's no point or question to be answered. I basically said the equivalent of shit just got real between two cross town rivals and he went on some tangent about overall recruiting in that state and I gave it the wtf it deserved.

There didn't need to be a response because you yourself saw it as the poking fun it was intended and now you are just doing the same retarded shit you always do in dragging something dumb into some major board blow up you will no doubt drone on about for 4 more pages. That's what you do.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shitty deal man. Unfortunately these kids are just a number and there is nothing that can change that.
Whats shitty is when these kids arent told they might have to look elsewhere. I've heard of kids at Alabama told they have to grey shirt on signing day or they have to go elsewhere. USC usually has those spots open on signing day.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shitty deal man. Unfortunately these kids are just a number and there is nothing that can change that.

Your Huskys flipped 4* Brandon Kaho from BYU just this past week. Shitty deal for BYU right?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting is a shitty deal all around.

If a 3* wants to aspire to go after a shot at a USC or big school you take the risk of not making the cut, or sitting on the pine. You go there with the idea you will show them your ranking wasn't legit and take your best shot or don't apply. If you reach for it and they go in another direction well at least you tried. It's not like there isn't time left for any kid right now to land somewhere.

If you want safer then take a mid major or lower tier program and have a much higher chance of getting signed and playing right away.

If education is your thing then go for the school and walk on. Free ride isn't for everyone and comes with requirements and risks. That's life.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly flips right now aren't as bad as flips the last week going into the real signing day. Teams have lots of time to address it.

The flip for the kid that is going to sign tomorrow was a verbal to BYU a year ago and was considered a Bama lean in recent weeks that was warm to all 3. It didn't come out of left field for BYU is really the point. The bigger surprise was him picking UW over Bama more than leaving his verbal to BYU.

We will see how the early signing period changes the landscape of what is normally the worst part of the recruiting season.

Will some teams soft pressure kids this week and hint they might get dropped if they don't sign? I can see all sorts of potential abuse as well as the intended benefit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly flips right now aren't as bad as flips the last week going into the real signing day. Teams have lots of time to address it.

The flip for the kid that is going to sign tomorrow was a verbal to BYU a year ago and was considered a Bama lean in recent weeks that was warm to all 3. It didn't come out of left field for BYU is really the point. The bigger surprise was him picking UW over Bama more than leaving his verbal to BYU.

We will see how the early signing period changes the landscape of what is normally the worst part of the recruiting season.

Will some teams soft pressure kids this week and hint they might get dropped if they don't sign? I can see all sorts of potential abuse as well as the intended benefit.

Thats great for UW. Alabama will just go out and get another one. Everyone is behind Bama.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are equating dropping a recruit to flipping a recruit? How's that work exactly.

It's not the same but it's a domino effect. Now BYU will probably go out and offer some kid whos already committed somewhere.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the same but it's a domino effect. Now BYU will probably go out and offer some kid whos already committed somewhere.
Not unlike offering a kid you think is a go and finding out they don't take it. Either way you have to either over offer and shake things out when everything is done, or scramble as kids either don't lock in or flip when they were verbal commits.

The entire thing is just ugly.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Stanford fan for over 40 years I never thought I would see a run like this.