• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WR that decommitted was a 3* so I doubt SC is sweating it ... just yet. If Chip has a decent season next year it could make for some good recruiting battles in LA.
I'm guessing that kid was just a place holder for St. Brown, and now that USC feels like they're gonna get him they told the *3 to get lost.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell are you even talking about? :L

We were talking about taking a verbal already committed to your school, not competing against the same talent pool. Those are entirely not related in any way imaginable.
:noidea: So? I will repost my earlier comment.

"Do you really expect USC to get "all" of the good California recruits? Petersen will get his fair share of California recruits."
What part of that comment don't you get??

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: So? I will repost my earlier comment.

"Do you really expect USC to get "all" of the good California recruits? Petersen will get his fair share of California recruits."
What part of that comment don't you get??
Are you really that daft? That's not a trolling question. I'm perplexed by the pure stupidity here.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really that daft? That's not a trolling question. I'm perplexed by the pure stupidity here.
You dumb shit. You don't think that Petersen had a chance to flip this recruit? You don't think that Petersen had a chance, "to flip any verbal already committed to another school"?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is just a case that your brain hasn't fully booted up yet because you haven't had your morning coffee. Not used to this much dumb from you.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is just a case that your brain hasn't fully booted up yet because you haven't had your morning coffee. Not used to this much dumb from you.
Well then maybe you ought to use your brain "a little" this morning. :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I heard after asking a buddy of mine a few min ago the LB who flipped (Bo Calvert)took Chips offer right away which tells me he's seen USC and the LBs they have already coming in who are solid (shut down their recruitment) and saw they are close to getting another 4*. So he took a good offer with a school that doesnt have four guys in front of him in his own class. This happens every year but usually there's a good chance they go to other PAC schools but now with Chip there he's going to be Johnny on the spot.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So WSU is beyond broke. The Washington State legislature went after both Washington schools more than a year ago and drew a line in the sand to get out of the red in their athletic spending. UW turned their financial around and ended up going into the black. WSU is STILL well into the red... and then they gave their football HC that tried to bail on the a few weeks ago a big fat raise.

After the announcement you get the school president begging people for donations to pay for it. :L

This isn't going to work out well for them if they don't get a LOT of support from their alumni.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So WSU is beyond broke. The Washington State legislature went after both Washington schools more than a year ago and drew a line in the sand to get out of the red in their athletic spending. UW turned their financial around and ended up going into the black. WSU is STILL well into the red... and then they gave their football HC that tried to bail on the a few weeks ago a big fat raise.

After the announcement you get the school president begging people for donations to pay for it. :L

This isn't going to work out well for them if they don't get a LOT of support from their alumni.
But, but, but........Paul allen.....

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that you are that dumb. This was your comment #1631: "Looks like the condom fans up "HERE" won't be laughing about Chip moving in their backyard anymore".

I said in my comment #1637:
"Did you really expect USC to get "all" of the good California recruits? Petersen will get his fair share of California recruits".

Was my comment #1637 that hard for you to understand?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that you are that dumb. This was your comment #1631: "Looks like the condom fans up "HERE" won't be laughing about Chip moving in their backyard anymore".

I said in my comment #1637:
"Did you really expect USC to get "all" of the good California recruits? Petersen will get his fair share of California recruits".

Was my comment #1637 that hard for you to understand?
I'm trying to give you a free pass and move on. You would be well served to stop now while you are already this far gone. It's not helping you. At all.

The topic is now WSU's broken budget and begging donors to pay for a raise and contract extension for their eccentric HC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old timer made a good point there. I think Wiz is trying to squirm away. lol. Just an observation.

Is WSU not having money something new? I always thought they were running on a shoestring budget.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to give you a free pass and move on. You would be well served to stop now while you are already this far gone. It's not helping you. At all.

The topic is now WSU's broken budget and begging donors to pay for a raise and contract extension for their eccentric HC.
Well then it would be best for you "to move on" and quit making a fool out of yourself. Just curious, but what do you know about WSU's budget and begging donors?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, but, but........Paul allen.....
WSU is but a warning sign for the smaller schools in this rising monetary arms race.

If you don't pay the coaches and spend the money you can't compete. If you don't compete you lose even more support/money and don't get the visibility for your athletics and school in general which also hurts out of state enrollment where the real money is.

This last HC carousel upped the ante again and the ducks paying $1.7m to a coordinator isn't helping things either.

A lot of parallel to the always up and down arms races of MLB. Difference here is so many of them operate off state sponsor funding.

I don't see this ending very well and it will be those smaller market teams that feel the fallout the most.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old timer made a good point there. I think Wiz is trying to squirm away. lol. Just an observation.

Is WSU not having money something new? I always thought they were running on a shoestring budget.

Well then it would be best for you "to move on" and quit making a fool out of yourself. Just curious, but what do you know about WSU's budget and begging donors?
Alright, both of you now want to be stupid this morning? I'm shocked I tell you. Just shocked.

I commented on something AG said. Read it. It was entirely about nothing but 'flipping' a kid. It had NOTHING at all to do with any broader conversation about the california talent pool or others going after kids within it. Not one single thing. At all. Not a smidge.

I mean no shit every coach is going after every player they like, whether or not they are a verbal somewhere else. Yeah? And? Is that really news? :L

The only point made was pretty damned clear. It's no longer amusing Chip is in Westwood after they just flipped a kid from your school That's it. That's all that was said or implied. It's really not that hard. Wake the fuck up already.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only point made was pretty damned clear. It's no longer amusing Chip is in Westwood after they just flipped a kid from your school That's it. That's all that was said or implied. It's really not that hard. Wake the fuck up already.

And that's exactly what old timer replied to. You're being stupid going around in circles.
Go back every year. USC loses kids near the end because they see other higher rated players deciding to go there. The only difference is Chip is getting them instead of the other PAC schools. The ones who should not be ammused is fans of other PAC schools.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's exactly what old timer replied to. You're being stupid going around in circles.
Go back every year. USC loses kids near they end because they see other higher rated players deciding to go there. The only difference is Chip is getting them instead of the other PAC schools. The ones who should not be ammused is fans of other PAC schools.
No, that's not what he said.

This is his own quote ~

There is nothing in that about USC losing kids to being flipped every year because of the reasons you mentioned. There is nothing related to that AT ALL in that comment. You are simply blindly defending a fellow USC fan pure and simple.

There was nothing in my comment saying it's no longer funny that Chip is next door that is related in any way at all to other coaches generally going after kids from that state. That's just a plain old fact.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, both of you now want to be stupid this morning? I'm shocked I tell you. Just shocked.

I commented on something AG said. Read it. It was entirely about nothing but 'flipping' a kid. It had NOTHING at all to do with any broader conversation about the california talent pool or others going after kids within it. Not one single thing. At all. Not a smidge.

I mean no shit every coach is going after every player they like, whether or not they are a verbal somewhere else. Yeah? And? Is that really news? :L

Well when you made a comment like your #1631. Where you said "Looks like the condom fans up here won't be laughing about Chip moving in their backyard anymore", what type of respond do you to expect from posters? Stanford flipped a kid from Sumner (Connor Wedington) last year and I didn't hear any WSU fans making fun of Washington for not keeping him in the state of Washington. You are getting too triggered, by my comment #1637, where is said "Did you really expect USC to get "all" of the good California recruits? Petersen will get his fair share of California recruits".

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not what he said.

This is his own quote ~

There is nothing in that about USC losing kids to being flipped every year because of the reasons you mentioned. There is nothing related to that AT ALL in that comment. You are simply blindly defending a fellow USC fan pure and simple.

There was nothing in my comment saying it's no longer funny that Chip is next door that is related in any way at all to other coaches generally going after kids from that state. That's just a plain old fact.

"Looks like the condom fans up "HERE" won't be laughing about Chip moving in their backyard anymore"

You wrote that. Just own it. It;s nothing but poking fun or trying rile up USC fans and it's all in good fun but don't act like you didn't write that. I don't recall USC fans laughing about Chip. I remember everyone saying it's a good move for them so i don't get where you're coming from there.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Looks like the condom fans up "HERE" won't be laughing about Chip moving in their backyard anymore"

You wrote that. Just own it. It;s nothing but poking fun or trying rile up USC fans and it's all in good fun but don't act like you didn't write that. I don't recall USC fans laughing about Chip. I remember everyone saying it's a good move for them so i don't get where you're coming from there.
Yes @WizardHawk was trying to rile up USC fans and when USC fans reply, he gets triggered and try to blame the person who replied to him.