• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think this would be the first reality slap to the back of the head of the Duck fans who still swing from Kellys sack, but I'm actually seeing posts from them gushing over Chip landing one of their top local targets like its some great honor.
My Fn god. Is the meth cooked in all those trailers in that state laced with delusion?
hell no. Oregon fans wanted him. he was a legacy player. I dont really consider him a local target. I mean i guess since he is in Oregon but medford is like 3 hours from Eugene.
i mean would Prosser be considered local to Seattle?
is Fresno local to LA?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell no. Oregon fans wanted him. he was a legacy player. I dont really consider him a local target. I mean i guess since he is in Oregon but medford is like 3 hours from Eugene.
is Fresno local to LA?
Is there a closer D1 school?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Fresno local to LA?
Well, the mythical 'fence' is supposed to include all in state talent. That'was Don James goal back in the day. Didn't matter if they were from Eastern Wa and in the footprint of WSU or not. In state talent was ours. Period.

For sure that was before the days of social media and TV saturation and things have changed a lot now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't think USC should leave the PAC (although I'm not violently opposed to the idea either). But I do agree with the assertion that the "threat" of USC leaving could lead to some of the changes that we'd all like to see.

Like it or not, USC is the PAC's main attraction and that carries a lot of weight. If USC were to seriously discuss leaving, it very well could force Larry Scott et al, to actually take the complaints of the coaches, AD's and fans seriously.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think USC should leave the PAC (although I'm not violently opposed to the idea either). But I do agree with the assertion that the "threat" of USC leaving could lead to some of the changes that we'd all like to see.

Like it or not, USC is the PAC's main attraction and that carries a lot of weight. If USC were to seriously discuss leaving, it very well could force Larry Scott et al, to actually take the complaints of the coaches, AD's and fans seriously.
Would USC want to make it harder to get to the play off? Cant promise recruits Pac 12 titles and Rose Bowls and scheduling that used to have maybe 1 G5 program a year.
Going independent would get what for a schedule? maybe some Pac schools UCLA, Stanford, an Arizona school. plus Notre Dame and probably BYU. Then what? Fresno? San Jose? UNLV? New Mexico? UTEP? get your 1 other G5 maybe 2. Texas, Nebraska, Alabama, BC, Syracuse.
Maybe they could strike a deal with Big XII like what Notre Dame has with ACC. I dont feel like Pac would make a similar deal with them if they jumped.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly they wouldn't have a harder time setting a schedule than ND does, even if ND has been at the independent thing a lot longer. Name brand alone would fill those spots up.

It's really do they want to skip playing for a CCG and that little extra that can get them into the playoffs on a year where they trip up somewhere and what do they get back for giving up that extra game? They'd get to keep all of their own bowl money and they would be able to make their own TV deal further giving the more money. Is that worth it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would USC want to make it harder to get to the play off?

Not sure it would necessarily make it much, if any harder. With all of the "PAC after Dark" bs, it's not like the conference gets the respect it deserves.

Going independent would get what for a schedule? maybe some Pac schools UCLA, Stanford, an Arizona school. plus Notre Dame and probably BYU. Then what? Fresno? San Jose? UNLV? New Mexico? UTEP? get your 1 other G5 maybe 2. Texas, Nebraska, Alabama, BC, Syracuse.

Basically, they'd be able to schedule the same or better. They'd no doubt keep UCLA, Stanford and Notre Dame on the schedule and would likely be scheduling other PAC schools on a semi-regular basis as well. Also, with Southern California being a hot recruiting bed, I doubt USC would have much trouble finding other P5 teams to play.

To be clear, I think the chances of USC actually leaving are somewhere between slim and none. But if using that threat would help lead to improvements in the way the conference does things, why not use it?

They'd just have to make sure they were really willing to leave if the conference decided to call their bluff.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it would necessarily make it much, if any harder. With all of the "PAC after Dark" bs, it's not like the conference gets the respect it deserves.

Basically, they'd be able to schedule the same or better. They'd no doubt keep UCLA, Stanford and Notre Dame on the schedule and would likely be scheduling other PAC schools on a semi-regular basis as well. Also, with Southern California being a hot recruiting bed, I doubt USC would have much trouble finding other P5 teams to play.

To be clear, I think the chances of USC actually leaving are somewhere between slim and none. But if using that threat would help lead to improvements in the way the conference does things, why not use it?

They'd just have to make sure they were really willing to leave if the conference decided to call their bluff.
I was thinking that even with the ACC deal Notre Dame still has issues getting in.
as for scheduling they have average about 3 G5 teams per season. including BYU. but like i said thats with the ACC deal. also they are in an area that is maybe more better designed for that kind of scheduling. they have ACC partial membership and in the middle of Big Ten country. so like i said a deal with Big XII to play 5 Big XII teams plus Notre Dame throw in UCLA and Stanford. thats 8 then BYU for 9. play your nobody Nevada/UNLV/Hawaii team or 2. then just find your other Pac, Big SEC or ACC. i suppose it woulndt be too bad but again with conference deal. you wanna keep the G5 to a minimum

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that even with the ACC deal Notre Dame still has issues getting in.
as for scheduling they have average about 3 G5 teams per season. including BYU. but like i said thats with the ACC deal. also they are in an area that is maybe more better designed for that kind of scheduling. they have ACC partial membership and in the middle of Big Ten country. so like i said a deal with Big XII to play 5 Big XII teams plus Notre Dame throw in UCLA and Stanford. thats 8 then BYU for 9. play your nobody Nevada/UNLV/Hawaii team or 2. then just find your other Pac, Big SEC or ACC. i suppose it woulndt be too bad but again with conference deal. you wanna keep the G5 to a minimum
There is no chance USC as an indy would struggle filling with as much high level partners as they want. In other words, they would only have to get as many G5's as they want. Unlike ND they are in a hot bed of recruiting. There is no chance that any major program doesn't jump at the chance to play them. That 100% wouldn't be a problem. Not having that 13th game opportunity to help overcome a rogue loss somewhere is the biggest downside for them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance USC as an indy would struggle filling with as much high level partners as they want. In other words, they would only have to get as many G5's as they want. Unlike ND they are in a hot bed of recruiting. There is no chance that any major program doesn't jump at the chance to play them. That 100% wouldn't be a problem. Not having that 13th game opportunity to help overcome a rogue loss somewhere is the biggest downside for them.

Hmmm they could schedule Hawaii every season. Boom an extra game lol.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman not gonna play in vegas