• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hopefully this buys Lake a few more years
The way our defense is playing, no problem with keeping him around. Now get a real OC in there that can get recruiting and offense rolling and we're in business.
I think there is going to be another announcement tomorrow, but it should be mostly follow up about the plans to get things back on track. I hope they don't try to suspend Lake for a game over his whacking a player on the helmet with this game plan sheet, but figure something like that might end up happening, even though I think it's way overblowing the matter.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strange the Seattle media has made a big deal out of his incident with the player but Lake wasn’t let go. Usually they don’t go all in on a particular person unless they know he is getting fired
That's because the media are a bunch of biased hacks looking for any reason to trash the program to get some clicks. I'm sure ESPN is painting it out like Lake shot him with a AR-15.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we didn't let this draw out for the rest of the season. Glad they got the obvious over and hopefully they can get this fixed faster. But this isn't some magic cure all for the issues with this team. Lake is the one who ultimately hired Jon D. and about everyone whose a Husky was like WTF when that hire was made. It made absolutely no sense. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way our defense is playing, no problem with keeping him around. Now get a real OC in there that can get recruiting and offense rolling and we're in business.
I think there is going to be another announcement tomorrow, but it should be mostly follow up about the plans to get things back on track. I hope they don't try to suspend Lake for a game over his whacking a player on the helmet with this game plan sheet, but figure something like that might end up happening, even though I think it's way overblowing the matter.

Hey, I’m all for giving Jimmy Lake more time. Give the man an extension

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 new teams or the 2 already looking. We got WSU looking, doubtful Stanford will but they need to, possibly Cal for losing to Arizona. SC is looking, possibly UCLA is that was correct, you think ASU. Could possibly be half the league looking for new HC’s. Plus whatever is happening with Lake now
I meant South. 3 South teams could be looking. WSU I forgot about. I expect an enormous amount of change. I have a weird feeling Herm somehow survives another year, though I'd rather we just cleaned house now since I don't think we can recruit with the allegations hanging over our head. We at one point had, I believe, 6 4 stars verbally committed and were the favorites for a few more. Now we have one, largely because Rachaad White is a monster and the guy wants to be the same guy.

ASU having 5 commits left, 3 of whom were not competitive recruits, is really, really troubling.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we didn't let this draw out for the rest of the season. Glad they got the obvious over and hopefully they can get this fixed faster. But this isn't some magic cure all for the issues with this team. Lake is the one who ultimately hired Jon D. and about everyone whose a Husky was like WTF when that hire was made. It made absolutely no sense. I'm still trying to wrap my head around why.
Going to throw out a name. Kirk Ciarrocca woud be a really interesting fit for UW. He got canned by Penn State half way through his first year (though they were scoring points for the most part) while trying to install the RPO during COVID. He ran a very efficient offense with Minnesota once they had personnel in place, and they did it in a grindy, ball control way that wouldn't hang UW's defense out to dry.

He's a good OC for a team that wants to be defense first, and he's just sitting around. If you want to blow the doors off and throw it 45 times, he's not the right fit. If you want to score 30-35, control the clock and run for 250, throw for 250, he's a guy someone should want.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant South. 3 South teams could be looking. WSU I forgot about. I expect an enormous amount of change. I have a weird feeling Herm somehow survives another year, though I'd rather we just cleaned house now since I don't think we can recruit with the allegations hanging over our head. We at one point had, I believe, 6 4 stars verbally committed and were the favorites for a few more. Now we have one, largely because Rachaad White is a monster and the guy wants to be the same guy.

ASU having 5 commits left, 3 of whom were not competitive recruits, is really, really troubling.
It's become apparent for a couple of years now that the NCAA doesn't give a crap about recruiting violations anymore, and the usual suspect notorious schools known for it's player buying are in just don't give a shit mode cause they know their is no risk for it anymore.

Now that NIL has been greenlighted, any booster or groups of them can invent some imaginary company, and just funnel money to recruits and roster players as they wish.

It's a freaking nightmare for the honest programs as it's just going to create an even bigger divide between them and the dirty programs with who get the elite recruits who put themselves up for the highest bidder.

I don't know if Herm is going to last. I always felt it would only work if he had a fantastic set of assists doing most of the recruiting work since he's getting very long in the tooth. But I'm not expecting much in the way of actually NCAA violations being slapped on ASU or any CFB program these days.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to throw out a name. Kirk Ciarrocca woud be a really interesting fit for UW. He got canned by Penn State half way through his first year (though they were scoring points for the most part) while trying to install the RPO during COVID. He ran a very efficient offense with Minnesota once they had personnel in place, and they did it in a grindy, ball control way that wouldn't hang UW's defense out to dry.

He's a good OC for a team that wants to be defense first, and he's just sitting around. If you want to blow the doors off and throw it 45 times, he's not the right fit. If you want to score 30-35, control the clock and run for 250, throw for 250, he's a guy someone should want.
This isn't the SEC. You got to be able to put numbers up on the scoreboard in the PAC if you want to win games because plenty of them can turn into shootouts. While everyone in this town is thrilled Jon D. is out, it's not going to be an easy fix. We already spent basically a year and half of practicing and game planning his scheme and playbook. You don't just undo that damage in a week or a month. I'm sure they'll make some adjustments that will open up the pass game a bit more, but at this point, we only got 3 games left in the season. Just stop the bleeding and get Sam Huard an OC that can take advantage of his talent.

Huskies need to really go get a competent OC this time and someone that can inspire recruits to want to come here. I don't see how we improve things with the 2022 class. We're just going to have to consider this year the train wreck that it ended up being, stop digging the hole deeper, and just try to rebuild ourselves back into something next year. Jimmy Lake is really on thin ice right now. Sucks.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's become apparent for a couple of years now that the NCAA doesn't give a crap about recruiting violations anymore, and the usual suspect notorious schools known for it's player buying are in just don't give a shit mode cause they know their is no risk for it anymore.

Now that NIL has been greenlighted, any booster or groups of them can invent some imaginary company, and just funnel money to recruits and roster players as they wish.

It's a freaking nightmare for the honest programs as it's just going to create an even bigger divide between them and the dirty programs with who get the elite recruits who put themselves up for the highest bidder.

I don't know if Herm is going to last. I always felt it would only work if he had a fantastic set of assists doing most of the recruiting work since he's getting very long in the tooth. But I'm not expecting much in the way of actually NCAA violations being slapped on ASU or any CFB program these days.

I sincerely hope this isn't a jab at Oregon (who regularly has the top spot in recruiting rankings in the PAC).

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sincerely hope this isn't a jab at Oregon (who regularly has the top spot in recruiting rankings in the PAC).
It might not be an Oregon specific jab, but if you don't think they are using NIL's as functional salary at some places, or at least coming up with the plans to do so, you're fucking nuts.

College athletics is entering a period where players get paid and there is no salary cap. Nike has been shuttling money to promising high school basketball players for decades. If you don't think they're going to find a way to do it in football, you're naive. But you will, by no means, be the only ones. Frankly, Stanford is the scary one. This 5 star prospect brought to you by Silicon Valley.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not be an Oregon specific jab, but if you don't think they are using NIL's as functional salary at some places, or at least coming up with the plans to do so, you're fucking nuts.

College athletics is entering a period where players get paid and there is no salary cap. Nike has been shuttling money to promising high school basketball players for decades. If you don't think they're going to find a way to do it in football, you're naive. But you will, by no means, be the only ones. Frankly, Stanford is the scary one. This 5 star prospect brought to you by Silicon Valley.

NIL is absolutely a recruiting tool. The difference is that it's a legal one.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lake is suspended and a Coug is running the show at Muttlake. He better start Huard.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lake is suspended and a Coug is running the show at Muttlake. He better start Huard.
Wow - guess I’m old school. Coach was separating his players and pissed as he should be. Think this is excessive. Would love to drag up the hundreds of posts Husky fans made as Oregon struggled through the Taggart debacle. But for some reason they have all disappeared.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - guess I’m old school. Coach was separating his players and pissed as he should be. Think this is excessive. Would love to drag up the hundreds of posts Husky fans made as Oregon struggled through the Taggart debacle. But for some reason they have all disappeared.
It is pretty weird that kid who had just cheap shotted another kid is now a victim.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Husky fans to ponder. You may want Lake out but is this really the off-season you want to try and hire a new coach with LSU and SC having openings. Seems like a rough off-season to try and find a new guy when UCLA is a better gig and some could argue that ASU is at least on par.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time back on so a tad late but Congrats Ducks fans on the win Saturday night. Total shit show at UW where changes need to be made besides the OC getting fired.