• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I like taking shots at rivals as much as the next guy but this is just weird. No matter how much Gopher boy think academics and athletics aren’t remotely the same and maybe 1% over lap. Maybe at a school like Wazzu where our (at the moment) best school is communications that is the best west of Texas can have athletes enroll. Once our vet school is up and running and the new gain of function research school is up I would bet my house no football players or athletes for that matter will be in those programs. But most real schools at UW have zero athletes in, no idea about Oregon but I am guessing it is the same. Stanford is easily the most prestigious university in our conference and by 2nd term of their 4th or 5th 3/4th of the football players have to cram classes in just to graduate in some BA program.

Just a weird stone to throw. Jimmy to throw any stones when he hasn’t earned the right to. When he was DC he was able to talk all the shit he wanted about Leach’s offense but since becoming HC they play the bottom feeders in an asterisk season and are on pace to finish 5th or 6th in the north.

When you can't compete on the football field, you have to dig deep to find something to puff your chest out about.

Reminds me of posters that brag about women's hockey in the CFB forum.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can't compete on the football field, you have to dig deep to find something to puff your chest out about.

Reminds me of posters that brag about women's hockey in the CFB forum.
I remember some Oregon fan bragging about friggin cross country/track.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I like taking shots at rivals as much as the next guy but this is just weird. No matter how much Gopher boy think academics and athletics aren’t remotely the same and maybe 1% over lap. Maybe at a school like Wazzu where our (at the moment) best school is communications that is the best west of Texas can have athletes enroll. Once our vet school is up and running and the new gain of function research school is up I would bet my house no football players or athletes for that matter will be in those programs. But most real schools at UW have zero athletes in, no idea about Oregon but I am guessing it is the same. Stanford is easily the most prestigious university in our conference and by 2nd term of their 4th or 5th 3/4th of the football players have to cram classes in just to graduate in some BA program.

Just a weird stone to throw. Jimmy to throw any stones when he hasn’t earned the right to. When he was DC he was able to talk all the shit he wanted about Leach’s offense but since becoming HC they play the bottom feeders in an asterisk season and are on pace to finish 5th or 6th in the north.
Academics and athletics may not overlap much, especially in regards to football, but they should. And sure most Stanford fb players are not the same Stanfordites that are working on cures for cancer, but they still have a much higher standard to get on the team in the first place, and many of those former Stanford fb players can and possibly do continue on with their studies and it's generally graduate students whose non athletic accomplishments are worthy of note, unless the accomplishment is a business thing.

And just because most cfb programs are doing something bad, doesn't make it acceptable or good, just means too many are doing bad. And Oregon, for sure, and maybe WSU?, are letting lower qualified students into their cfb programs to try to gain an advantage over other schools with more stringent requirements.

The vast majority of cfb players will never get paid to play fb professionally, so all football factories like Oregon are doing is hurting the majority of those who choose to play their cfb there, all for whose gain? The school's? The uncaring fans?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Academics and athletics may not overlap much, especially in regards to football, but they should. And sure most Stanford fb players are not the same Stanfordites that are working on cures for cancer, but they still have a much higher standard to get on the team in the first place, and many of those former Stanford fb players can and possibly do continue on with their studies and it's generally graduate students whose non athletic accomplishments are worthy of note, unless the accomplishment is a business thing.

And just because most cfb programs are doing something bad, doesn't make it acceptable or good, just means too many are doing bad. And Oregon, for sure, and maybe WSU?, are letting lower qualified students into their cfb programs to try to gain an advantage over other schools with more stringent requirements.

The vast majority of cfb players will never get paid to play fb professionally, so all football factories like Oregon are doing is hurting the majority of those who choose to play their cfb there, all for whose gain? The school's? The uncaring fans?
Should doesn’t mean anything. Are requirements higher at Stanford for sure, but I know for a fact those requirements are lowered if say a star high school basketball player from Seattle wants to go there. Does a prestigious school go for a dude who can’t spell their name, but most can’t go for that dude. Washington State is last or at least close to last in the Pac 12 in academics but our football players equal more football players in the conference in degrees. Obviously there are exceptions like say Andrew Luck but a criminal law degree at WSU is worse than a golf course management degree at UCLA?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should doesn’t mean anything. Are requirements higher at Stanford for sure, but I know for a fact those requirements are lowered if say a star high school basketball player from Seattle wants to go there. Does a prestigious school go for a dude who can’t spell their name, but most can’t go for that dude. Washington State is last or at least close to last in the Pac 12 in academics but our football players equal more football players in the conference in degrees. Obviously there are exceptions like say Andrew Luck but a criminal law degree at WSU is worse than a golf course management degree at UCLA?
That major does not exist at UCLA.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Stanford finally move on from this bum? He started with a great team from Harbaugh and each year they have gotten worse and worse. Not once has he improved the team. Shaw is pathetic as a recruiter and as a coach.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Some chatter that UCLA is going to make the call and the Chip Kelly era is coming to an end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Stanford finally move on from this bum? He started with a great team from Harbaugh and each year they have gotten worse and worse. Not once has he improved the team. Shaw is pathetic as a recruiter and as a coach.
As an alumni and season ticket holder, I can say this train wreck is a long time coming. He'll never get fired but we'll continue to devolve under Shaw's 'leadership'. It's repugnant, we have resources and legacy, but when the man in charge does not prioritize winning this s*t show is the result

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we might get a break from the Goofer fan pimping his team in a PAC 12 thread

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money line on Jimmy Lake or Donovan getting fired? Evidently UW is set to make a big announcement.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Some chatter that UCLA is going to make the call and the Chip Kelly era is coming to an end.
3 Pac 12 teams could very easily be looking for new coaches.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Pac 12 teams could very easily be looking for new coaches.
3 new teams or the 2 already looking. We got WSU looking, doubtful Stanford will but they need to, possibly Cal for losing to Arizona. SC is looking, possibly UCLA is that was correct, you think ASU. Could possibly be half the league looking for new HC’s. Plus whatever is happening with Lake now

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There it is. Thank god that nightmare is over. A lot of Husky social media is filled with Fire Lake stuff, but I don't think that's what needs to happen yet. But they got to go find themselves a proper OC who can recruit the west and help boost recruiting.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is. Thank god that nightmare is over. A lot of Husky social media is filled with Fire Lake stuff, but I don't think that's what needs to happen yet. But they got to go find themselves a proper OC who can recruit the west and help boost recruiting.
Agree. No rush to get rid of him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very strange the Seattle media has made a big deal out of his incident with the player but Lake wasn’t let go. Usually they don’t go all in on a particular person unless they know he is getting fired