• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Circumstances were weird for everyone. Some programs were impacted more than others and some teams challenges were different, but nothing was normal. Heck, we had teams starting the week preparing for one team, having that game cancelled and then having to spend 2 days preparing for a different opponent.

As for specific calls, etc. costing games...I don't really get into that because there are too many other plays where if the team executed properly or didn't make a mistake that could have changed the outcome of the game. For example, against us, if ASU just recovers that onside kick, USC doesn't even get a chance to score that last touchdown.
Everything was weird, true. It was just more weird for some teams. At one point ASU had an entire side of the ball completely wiped out. Some players lost 10+ lbs.

I know ref bitching is weak. The only one that I really can't get over was the wiped out play against USC. That one was just an exception to the way football and review works.

And really, I'm just talking shit because there's nothing else to do for the next 6 months.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do Cougs get suspended for being drunk?
All the time. Pullman PD and WSU Athletics aren’t exactly the best of friends because athletes are targets.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Shough transferring from Oregon?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He realized he wasn’t going to start in 2021 and he can transfer without sitting out
Ahh. I figured he would have a good chance to start.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh. I figured he would have a good chance to start.

With Brown getting a full off season to learn the offense and Ty Thompson coming in, he read the tea leaves. I wish him the best at Texas Tech. I still think he could end up being a decent QB.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Brown getting a full off season to learn the offense and Ty Thompson coming in, he read the tea leaves. I wish him the best at Texas Tech. I still think he could end up being a decent QB.
Is Butterfield gonna bail too?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Butterfield gonna bail too?

This offseason? I really doubt it. I believe the plan is for him to compete with Thompson and Brown for 2021 and then with Thompson for 2022 (if Brown wins the job). If it becomes clear that he won't beat out Thompson, he will probably transfer.

That said, I've heard from people more in the know, that Butterfield has really impressed people with his play. I think he's more in the competition than most people outside the program think.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason? I really doubt it. I believe the plan is for him to compete with Thompson and Brown for 2021 and then with Thompson for 2022 (if Brown wins the job). If it becomes clear that he won't beat out Thompson, he will probably transfer.

That said, I've heard from people more in the know, that Butterfield has really impressed people with his play. I think he's more in the competition than most people outside the program think.
It's good to have competition there. I wish they wouldn't transfer out when they don't win the battle, but I get it.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have competition there. I wish they wouldn't transfer out when they don't win the battle, but I get it.

Agreed. It's a tough position, however. If you don't start, you aren't going to get any meaningful snaps unless an injury occurs. There's no other position like that (besides maybe kicker or punter).

On the other hand, as a program, you really only need to find one elite QB and it will change the dynamics of your team.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticking around worked out okay for Mac Jones.

Of course, too many these days are prima donnas who can’t handle anything short of being worshipped. When they leave, good riddance.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU received a commitment from Larry Turner-Gooden, the #57 overall (247 composite) player in the country. Chris Claiborne was his HC at Calabasus a few years ago. His 7 on 7 coach's son is ASU's DB coach. It's a big hit, and the 2nd 4-star DB in two weeks. The other commit besides those two is the #1 kicker per 247, which is nice.

It looked like they were going to get AJ Duffy at QB, too, with most crystal balls pointing to ASU, but in his latest top whatever, ASU wasn't in it. Not sure if gamesmanship, since earlier this month everyone assumed he was going to ASU, or if something changed. ASU should be looking for a high end QB recruit this class with Daniels in his 3rd year. If they miss on upper echelon signal callers this cycle, they should be a heavy favorite for Rashada (#1 dual threat in the 2023 class).

Anthony Lucas is, IMO, the most important recruit of the cycle for ASU. Maybe not the highest rated (though 247's own rankings have him top 30 and the #3 DT), but DT will be a position of need soon and they need to start landing the top Phoenix kids. And he just looks nasty. With 2 or 3 guys on the DL that probably would have been drafted this year had they gone out, there's a chance ASU will have immediate PT for him even though they all have eligibility left to 2022. It'd be huge for the program if he chooses to stay in the Valley.

Last edited:

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU received a commitment from Larry Turner-Gooden, the #57 overall (247 composite) player in the country. Chris Claiborne was his HC at Calabasus a few years ago. His 7 on 7 coach's son is ASU's DB coach. It's a big hit, and the 2nd 4-star DB in two weeks. The other commit besides those two is the #1 kicker per 247, which is nice.

It looked like they were going to get AJ Duffy at QB, too, with most crystal balls pointing to ASU, but in his latest top whatever, ASU wasn't in it. Not sure if gamesmanship, since earlier this month everyone assumed he was going to ASU, or if something changed. ASU should be looking for a high end QB recruit this class with Daniels in his 3rd year. If they miss on upper echelon signal callers this cycle, they should be a heavy favorite for Rashada (#1 dual threat in the 2023 class).

Anthony Lucas is, IMO, the most important recruit of the cycle for ASU. Maybe not the highest rated (though 247's own rankings have him top 30 and the #3 DT), but DT will be a position of need soon and they need to start landing the top Phoenix kids. And he just looks nasty. With 2 or 3 guys on the DL that probably would have been drafted this year had they gone out, there's a chance ASU will have immediate PT for him even though they all have eligibility left to 2022. It'd be huge for the program if he chooses to stay in the Valley.

Duffy to FSU rumors are heating up

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duffy to FSU rumors are heating up
Weird because Norvell already has a top QB commit from AZ. Not the school I thought he'd swing to.

Maybe ASU prefers the kid from Georgia they're after, or they're just waiting for Rashada. Kinda strange that FSU would snipe both of them though. That being said, if they and everyone else in the recruiting world know for an absolute fact that Jaden Rashada is ASU, I get it. He'll be the top QB in 2023 when it's all said and done.

The large swing on Duffy from 93% crystal ball ASU to ASU out of the top group sounds like payola to me, especially since he went to IMG for his last year.

Last edited:

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird because Norvell already has a top QB commit from AZ. Not the school I thought he'd swing to.

Maybe ASU prefers the kid from Georgia they're after, or they're just waiting for Rashada. Kinda strange that FSU would snipe both of them though. That being said, if they and everyone else in the recruiting world know for an absolute fact that Jaden Rashada is ASU, I get it. He'll be the top QB in 2023 when it's all said and done.

The large swing on Duffy from 93% crystal ball ASU to ASU out of the top group sounds like payola to me, especially since he went to IMG for his last year.

I agree that it's odd considering FSU already has a QB commit. However, it's still very early in the 2022 cycle. We'll see how it plays out.