• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Alabama AD seems to be the favorite right now. Whoever comes in needs to realize we will never get the fan or alumnus support of SEC but a lot our alumnus are influential people in tech companies up and down the west coast. Apple Airplay is on every tv in the country, Amazon Prime is on every tv in the country. But the first thing I would do is create a sponsored kickoff classic in LA and Vegas for “neutral” site games against top opponents. Make a deal with the Big 12 and ACC for OOC and thirdly bring back Rick Neuhisel in the number 1 spot of the broadcast of a college game day type show and add Nick Allioti for the Corso role. If you act big enough then eventually you fool people into thinking you are big. Perception is the number 1 goal of the next commissioner.
My gears still grind when I think of him getting fired.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC got Texas RB Keontay Ingram out of the transfer portal. Looks like he could be a solid replacement for Markese Stepp who USC just lost to the transfer portal.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ASU lost Frank Darby, who was hurt and barely played, a mediocre center who would likely have been replaced, and Aashari Crosswell, who broke team rules and lost his starter job, then left the program midseason because of it... And that's it. From the entire depth chart. Not just 21/22 starters, but the backups too. And we were already good. I kept waiting to see Merlin, Lucas or Lole go pro, because they absolutely would be drafted now, but pretty much the entire depth chart returns.

And I kind of feel like ASU at full strength was probably the best team in the conference last year anyway. The USC loss was a miracle and the UCLA loss came after a month of team segregation and limited practice. They just wandered into that game and should have won anyway. So it's sort of funny to me to see 3 other teams in front of us on the preseason rankings. Not because I'm bitter but because it sets up perfect. A preseason high ranking ASU never does well, but I feel like I'm looking at the strongest roster since the Plummer/Tilman era and nobody sees us coming. Unranked, low hype ASU can sneak up on folks.

I just wish recruiting rankings would start to reflect it, though I'm not unhappy with this small class. Two 4 star freshmen transfers at need positions to go with the rest. Not just grad transfers at points of need, because there really aren't any starter jobs up for grabs besides center and internal shuffling. A small class is fine when basically everyone that matters is back. And, presumably, the 5 4-star WR's we've added over the last 2 cycles will stop dropping the ball and making Daniels look statistically inaccurate.

Elijhah Badger. Remember the name. Ineligible last year due to high school transcript, but coaches have called him the most talented player on the roster just from practice. #3 athlete in last year's recruit cycle and the two above were big guys. He's a ridiculous athlete. Like a bigger Aiyuk.

tldr; ASU is probably going to whoop your ass. We were already better, but back luck and Rona.

Someone tell me why their team will be better, because it's offseason and we don't have fuck all to do for half a year. We need some shit talk to make the offseason even close to fun when all we got was some aborted abomination of a season.

Last edited:

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ASU lost Frank Darby, who was hurt and barely played, a mediocre center who would likely have been replaced, and Aashari Crosswell, who broke team rules and lost his starter job, then left the program midseason because of it... And that's it. From the entire depth chart. Not just 21/22 starters, but the backups too. And we were already good. I kept waiting to see Merlin, Lucas or Lole go pro, because they absolutely would be drafted now, but pretty much the entire depth chart returns.

And I kind of feel like ASU at full strength was probably the best team in the conference last year anyway. The USC loss was a miracle and the UCLA loss came after a month of team segregation and limited practice. They just wandered into that game and should have won anyway. So it's sort of funny to me to see 3 other teams in front of us on the preseason rankings. Not because I'm bitter but because it sets up perfect. A preseason high ranking ASU never does well, but I feel like I'm looking at the strongest roster since the Plummer/Tilman era and nobody sees us coming. Unranked, low hype ASU can sneak up on folks.

I just wish recruiting rankings would start to reflect it, though I'm not unhappy with this small class. Two 4 star freshmen transfers at need positions to go with the rest. Not just grad transfers at points of need, because there really aren't any starter jobs up for grabs besides center and internal shuffling. A small class is fine when basically everyone that matters is back. And, presumably, the 5 4-star WR's we've added over the last 2 cycles will stop dropping the ball and making Daniels look statistically inaccurate.

Elijhah Badger. Remember the name. Ineligible last year due to high school transcript, but coaches have called him the most talented player on the roster just from practice. #3 athlete in last year's recruit cycle and the two above were big guys. He's a ridiculous athlete. Like a bigger Aiyuk.

tldr; ASU is probably going to whoop your ass. We were already better, but back luck and Rona.

Someone tell me why their team will be better, because it's offseason and we don't have fuck all to do for half a year. We need some shit talk to make the offseason even close to fun when all we got was some aborted abomination of a season.

The whole 2020 season was a cluster for the PAC and I wouldn't look to much at the results. There were lots of opt outs, teams that had to quarantine, etc.

The PAC 12 South should actually be pretty competitive next year. Arizona State could have a breakout year with Jayden Daniels and all the playmakers they have around him.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A preseason high ranking ASU never does well, but I feel like I'm looking at the strongest roster since the Plummer/Tilman era and nobody sees us coming. Unranked, low hype ASU can sneak up on folks.
Not any more. You just let the devil cat out of the bag! :pound:You know how much the Pac-12 coaches read this forum!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're reading way too much into too few games that were played under circumstances that we are unlikely to ever see again.

Not saying that ASU won't be good. I think they will. But it's not like ASU was the only team who had to endure unusual circumstances that may have effected their play. So I wouldn't read too much into any of it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know why the stud starting QB from Zona transferred and they sign our 4th banana QB?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know why the stud starting QB from Zona transferred and they sign our 4th banana QB?

It's pretty common to see players transfer after a coaching change.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty common to see players transfer after a coaching change.
Sure, but he stuck it out with Sumlin and was ok the preseason watch for in the conference. I get our dude transferring because he is a freshman that will be 5th of the depth chart. But I thought Gunnell was going to come out after next year unless this crazy Covid season regressed him. Cruz is the only transfer on the spring depth chart that I can see why, the others are just pussies.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but he stuck it out with Sumlin and was ok the preseason watch for in the conference. I get our dude transferring because he is a freshman that will be 5th of the depth chart. But I thought Gunnell was going to come out after next year unless this crazy Covid season regressed him. Cruz is the only transfer on the spring depth chart that I can see why, the others are just pussies.

Sumlin was the coach who recruited him to Arizona. Once Sumlin was fired, he decided to leave. Again, this is very common.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do Cougs get suspended for being drunk?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're reading way too much into too few games that were played under circumstances that we are unlikely to ever see again.

Not saying that ASU won't be good. I think they will. But it's not like ASU was the only team who had to endure unusual circumstances that may have effected their play. So I wouldn't read too much into any of it.
Probably right. It could be wishful thinking because I feel like we've been due for a long time.

But I didn't see a team last year in the conference that I thought "Well, their players are just better", and we return functionally our entire team. But I guess so do most teams.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I think the circumstances spoken about, specifically the UCLA game, were pretty unusual. ASU basically isolated for several weeks and I think had 4 practices after the COVID idle to prep for UCLA, who had been playing as normal into it. And we led after 58 minutes, and probably would have won if not for a ticky tack "lineman downfield" call overwriting a horrible PI that would have set us up for the win. There were two calls last year in both L's that pissed me off more than normal Pac 12 ref calls do.

The one against you, where they overwrote a normal play that put us 1st and 10 at the USC 45 w/ a minute to play, and the OL downfield call on Haggis when him crossing the 3 yard marker and Daniel's throw were legit bang bang. Both fucked us. I don't think we'll be in position to get screwed again next year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably right. It could be wishful thinking because I feel like we've been due for a long time.

But I didn't see a team last year in the conference that I thought "Well, their players are just better", and we return functionally our entire team. But I guess so do most teams.

Yeah, I don't think we can take too much away from last season for any team. Heck, USC finished 5-1, but you could make a case for them finishing anywhere from 6-0 to 2-4 and the case for 2-4 is probably stronger. As you point out, ASU could make a strong case for being 4-0. UCLA's 4 losses were by a total of 15 points, so you could make a case for them being 7-0.

That's just in the South. The North had their own weird circumstances. Personally, I'm kind of looking at this coming season as if this past one never happened. lol

And yeah, I don't think there's anyone in the conference where you look at them and think they are just better than ASU. I think some teams, like USC and Oregon, may be deeper...but ASU's starters are on par with anyone, imo. Herm is doing much better than anyone thought he would.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think the circumstances spoken about, specifically the UCLA game, were pretty unusual. ASU basically isolated for several weeks and I think had 4 practices after the COVID idle to prep for UCLA, who had been playing as normal into it. And we led after 58 minutes, and probably would have won if not for a ticky tack "lineman downfield" call overwriting a horrible PI that would have set us up for the win. There were two calls last year in both L's that pissed me off more than normal Pac 12 ref calls do.

The one against you, where they overwrote a normal play that put us 1st and 10 at the USC 45 w/ a minute to play, and the OL downfield call on Haggis when him crossing the 3 yard marker and Daniel's throw were legit bang bang. Both fucked us. I don't think we'll be in position to get screwed again next year.

Circumstances were weird for everyone. Some programs were impacted more than others and some teams challenges were different, but nothing was normal. Heck, we had teams starting the week preparing for one team, having that game cancelled and then having to spend 2 days preparing for a different opponent.

As for specific calls, etc. costing games...I don't really get into that because there are too many other plays where if the team executed properly or didn't make a mistake that could have changed the outcome of the game. For example, against us, if ASU just recovers that onside kick, USC doesn't even get a chance to score that last touchdown.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon QB Tyler Shough is entering the transfer portal. My guess is he got word that he wasn't going to be the starter next season.