• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp after watching that game I think Husky fans don’t want either of those teams in the Rose Bowl. Hey Washington Don’t fuck up the Grand Daddy of them all.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp after watching that game I think Husky fans don’t want either of those teams in the Rose Bowl. Hey Washington Don’t fuck up the Grand Daddy of them all.
You really want to talk shit to anyone else with as bad as your offense is now? :L I mean you all barely beat BYU and needed a miracle late game comeback to do so. Is there really any team with a pulse your squad could actually beat in a bowl game at this point? :noidea:

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really want to talk shit to anyone else with as bad as your offense is now? :L I mean you all barely beat BYU and needed a miracle late game comeback to do so. Is there really any team with a pulse your squad could actually beat in a bowl game at this point? :noidea:[/QUOTE

I just hope the PAC doesn’t repeat last year. Just win your game that’s all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the PAC doesn’t repeat last year. Just win your game that’s all.
This whole conference is hot garbage right now. I wouldn't expect anything major from any team. And if it helped finally push the presidents over the edge to firing Scott I'd say bring it on.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year the pack will be skull fucked in their bowl games. Just an all around bad year

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Clara is a terrible location, made only worse by trying to get there on a weekday evening. Adding to that is the fact that there is no CFB fanbase and you have a disaster for attendance. I could see Vegas, as the local is a draw and fans may make a weekend of it + you'd draw other tourist in lieu of a show. Or give the higher ranked team the home field advantage.... at least you're likely to get a sell out.

Better yet, get back to a 10 team conference and nuke the CCG

Once the Vegas NFL stadium is built, I think it's a given it ends up there which will make it a hundred times more attractive. Just like it did for the PAC12 basketball tourney.

It will be a huge upgrade and the games will be attended in greater numbers for sure.

I don't want it at the Rams new stadium in LA. Fuck that. Anytime USC wins the south, 80%+ of the stadium will be Trojan fans treating it like any other home game. Vegas will be by far the best option. Completely neutral site location for any of the teams of the PAC, and easily the most attractive to motivate fans of teams to watch the game and spend a weekend partying in sin city.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We get there and then roll the dice. I'll take the Rose Bowl no matter who we're matched up against in it. This year is already a massive success.

Recruiting going very well.
Won the apple cup.
Won the North.
Won the PAC12 championship game.
Rose Bowl bid.

Sweet, sweet music.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I came in to post about this.

Pretty embarrassing. Aside from having the game played on a Saturday instead of a Friday, what could be done? I might've actually gone if the game had been played on a Saturday.

Hopefully once that stadium in Vegas is completed they move the game there and put it on a Saturday.
Saturday is step 2, location is step 1. Having the higher seed host or work out some kind of rotation where one of the teams host is the only thing that will work in this conference. Vegas will/would help, but this isn’t the Midwest or southeast. Just let a team host for fucks sake. Worked pretty well before that ugly fucking Santa Clara stadium was a thing.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or

Fire Scott and get a fucking person to run this conference that understands how to promote FOOTBALL, not tennis, olympic sports, and whatever the fuck else they seem to give him credit for. Go back to top conf team hosting it, put it on a weekend in prime spot, stop putting conf favorites on the road on short week thur/fri games after a prior road game. Stop putting your top teams up against teams coming off a bye on the road and doing it more than once in a season. Start taking the scheduling the way the rest of the conferences are doing it and get a decent team into the fucking playoffs. Find a guy to run it that has even a clue how to manage a network and negotiate deals with the major carriers. One that doesn't let lawyers overrule officials on calls in the booth. That'd be a start.

Maybe some of that.
I like your idea.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really, just simply letting one of the teams host, use whatever criteria you want, a coin flip works for fuck’s sake, solves everything (as far as the specific no one at the conference title game issue goes, anyway, some of the other issues are way beyond simple fixes at this point). The Friday night EAST FUCKING COAST prime time is ridiculous, but doable if you you have the home town crowd and whatever little bit of away crowd might make it work anyway. I can take a half day, or indulge and take the whole day to make a home game with a weeks notice (which the north at least seems to come down to the last week in recent times). But taking at least two days plus booking flights and accommodations in that time, not happening. Especially when a Rose Bowl or other good bowl destination with a month to prepare for is just a week away.

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get there and then roll the dice. I'll take the Rose Bowl no matter who we're matched up against in it. This year is already a massive success.

Recruiting going very well.
Won the apple cup.
Won the North.
Won the PAC12 championship game.
Rose Bowl bid.

Sweet, sweet music.
Congrats. Just win Baby!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean really, just simply letting one of the teams host, use whatever criteria you want, a coin flip works for fuck’s sake, solves everything (as far as the specific no one at the conference title game issue goes, anyway, some of the other issues are way beyond simple fixes at this point). The Friday night EAST FUCKING COAST prime time is ridiculous, but doable if you you have the home town crowd and whatever little bit of away crowd might make it work anyway. I can take a half day, or indulge and take the whole day to make a home game with a weeks notice (which the north at least seems to come down to the last week in recent times). But taking at least two days plus booking flights and accommodations in that time, not happening. Especially when a Rose Bowl or other good bowl destination with a month to prepare for is just a week away.
They found out quickly it was a hot mess to try to have only 6 days to coordinate everything for a game. Even if you knew it would be in one of two locations. This isn't the NFL were you have basically unlimited funds to deal with these situations during the playoffs.

Basically it became a home game for the team hosting and 80% of the stadium was home fans. Watching it played at Autzen made me want to throw up no matter what. The stadium was intentionally designed to sound like a bomb went off if you dropped a needle. A total disaster for the visiting team and especially their fans getting stuff thrown at them all game long by those tweakers and deadbeats.

Neutral site game at a NFL stadium is the way to go for these things.

Those obvious pre-game pics on twitter are a total joke as well. I'm no fan of Larry Scott, but let's get serious. Anyone who fell for that has a village looking for it's lost idiot. When the game was played there was actually around 35K in attendance. Of course nothing approaching the Big10 or SEC numbers, but it wasn't like there was only a couple thousand at Levis last night.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They found out quickly it was a hot mess to try to have only 6 days to coordinate everything for a game. Even if you knew it would be in one of two locations. This isn't the NFL were you have basically unlimited funds to deal with these situations during the playoffs.

Basically it became a home game for the team hosting and 80% of the stadium was home fans. Watching it played at Autzen made me want to throw up no matter what. The stadium was intentionally designed to sound like a bomb went off if you dropped a needle. A total disaster for the visiting team and especially their fans getting stuff thrown at them all game long by those tweakers and deadbeats.

Those obvious pre-game pics on twitter are a total joke as well. I'm no fan of Larry Scott, but let's get serious. Anyone who fell for that has a village looking for it's lost idiot. When the game was played there was actually around 35K in attendance. Of course nothing approaching the Big10 or SEC numbers, but it wasn't like there was only a couple thousand at Levis last night.

cct-raidstadium-0903-0208423.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. To be fair isn't the Husky stadium designed for the noise to bounce off the metal roof and back towards the field?
Friday night games are bad enough. Friday night games with only a weeks notice is pretty hard if not impossible for most folks . I'm self employed and It's hard to get away even on a home friday night game.
Vegas is the only answer. It's somewhere you wanna go for the game and want to fit in a half day minimum on the strip and make it a weekend. Santa Clara you're trying to get there few hours before the game and trying to book the quickest flight home after the game. There ain;t shit to do or see there.
Any of you Husky fans coming down for the Rose Bowl?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter which NFL or other neutral site stadium you pick, it's not going to be more than half full on any weeknight, and probably not more than 3/4 even on a saturday game. Pac in general is pretty spread out and almost no team's fans can drive so you are asking for people to get airfare and accomodations on very short notice for a game that matters, but isn't the playoffs or top level bowl.

If you want butts in seats and the atmosphere a championship game should have, hosting it at the top seed is really the only way to get it. And so what if the road team has a major disadvantage? Get better and host it next year yourself. It should be that incentive for doing more in your league slate.

It would be beneficial to the league to go back to that, but we all get how much of a CF it is for many teams to put together a home game on that much short notice.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter which NFL or other neutral site stadium you pick, it's not going to be more than half full on any weeknight, and probably not more than 3/4 even on a saturday game. Pac in general is pretty spread out and almost no team's fans can drive so you are asking for people to get airfare and accomodations on very short notice for a game that matters, but isn't the playoffs or top level bowl.

If you want butts in seats and the atmosphere a championship game should have, hosting it at the top seed is really the only way to get it. And so what if the road team has a major disadvantage? Get better and host it next year yourself. It should be that incentive for doing more in your league slate.

It would be beneficial to the league to go back to that, but we all get how much of a CF it is for many teams to put together a home game on that much short notice.

What about the idea of going back and forth between the north winner hosting and the south winner hosting the next season?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the idea of going back and forth between the north winner hosting and the south winner hosting the next season?
Given how big HFA is, no way. And I get that comparing the top team from each division is dicey as it is which is why there isn't any perfect solution.

I hate imbalanced schedules. I'd rather play a B12 like round robin and top 2 play off at the end, but that's not modern college football.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or

Fire Scott and get a fucking person to run this conference that understands how to promote FOOTBALL, not tennis, olympic sports, and whatever the fuck else they seem to give him credit for. Go back to top conf team hosting it, put it on a weekend in prime spot, stop putting conf favorites on the road on short week thur/fri games after a prior road game. Stop putting your top teams up against teams coming off a bye on the road and doing it more than once in a season. Start taking the scheduling the way the rest of the conferences are doing it and get a decent team into the fucking playoffs. Find a guy to run it that has even a clue how to manage a network and negotiate deals with the major carriers. One that doesn't let lawyers overrule officials on calls in the booth. That'd be a start.

Maybe some of that.

Well yeah, there's all of that too. I was just speaking to the CCG. We need a whole other thread to discuss the many ways that Scott has come up with to fuck up the conference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, there's all of that too. I was just speaking to the CCG. We need a whole other thread to discuss the many ways that Scott has come up with to fuck up the conference.
Did you read any of Canzano's 4pt series on that? Long read, but he pretty much machine guns the entire Pac12 front office.