• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we like to give Bama fans shit for it, the conference needs a Saban. Not necessarily the coaching aspect (although that would be good too), but a coach or even an AD who will speak out against this crap and hopefully get other coaches and AD's on board.
The problem again rolls back to the presidents of the schools themselves. They keep giving this clown raises and praises.

I think it would take more than one saban-like HC. It's going to take nothing short of a coup from the inside or a LOT more noise from more vocal media than we have in the west.

That's another big issue that leaves this situation this bad for so long. We just don't have as aggressive and visible media as other parts of the country. Our media doesn't dig deep enough, or yell loud enough about this conference and how it is being managed.

We need pitchforks. No, not the kind ASU carries...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem again rolls back to the presidents of the schools themselves. They keep giving this clown raises and praises.

I think it would take more than one saban-like HC. It's going to take nothing short of a coup from the inside or a LOT more noise from more vocal media than we have in the west.

That's another big issue that leaves this situation this bad for so long. We just don't have as aggressive and visible media as other parts of the country. Our media doesn't dig deep enough, or yell loud enough about this conference and how it is being managed.

We need pitchforks. No, not the kind ASU carries...

Yeah, I agree. But we need someone to get the ball rolling, which is why I said we need a Saban.

I agree re: the media. It seems the PAC media tends to cover just individual programs rather than the entire conference. So any complaining that they do, doesn't really go beyond how it affects the team they cover. They're more likely to take down a teams coach than the PAC commissioner.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo with another story on Scott and the beleaguered Pac12 HQ. Between half the conf being caught up in the basketball scandal from last year, to the network fiasco, they bring up most of it here.

Corruption and chaos: Pac-12 commish Larry Scott feeling the heat as scandals abound

We just need a LOT more of these kinds of reports. Now that basketball media day is over and Scott announced his fix for that stupid '3rd party' thing in the USC/WSU game, I fear it will fade away and the pressure goes with it and we are back to the same damned status quo. For several more years.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as we like to give Bama fans shit for it, the conference needs a Saban. Not necessarily the coaching aspect (although that would be good too), but a coach or even an AD who will speak out against this crap and hopefully get other coaches and AD's on board.

Well the conference kind of had one last year with Petersen complaining about the schedule and it appears Scott told him to pipe down. Larry Scott came rushing to the defense of ESPN and Fox against UW last year. The conference needs to create two commissioners, one for the two revenue sports and then Scott can take over the Olympic sports as he sees them equal somehow.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the conference kind of had one last year with Petersen complaining about the schedule and it appears Scott told him to pipe down. Larry Scott came rushing to the defense of ESPN and Fox against UW last year. The conference needs to create two commissioners, one for the two revenue sports and then Scott can take over the Olympic sports as he sees them equal somehow.

I like that 2 commissioner idea. Although, I'd prefer to just get rid of Scott. Petersen should have told Scott to go fuck himself, but he probably doesn't have enough juice yet to be able to do that.

The bold is the most frustrating thing in all of this. If not for football and basketball, the Olympic sports wouldn't exist or not many of them anyway.

It's great in theory to treat the other sports as equal, but it's not based in reality. The fact is, football and basketball pay for pretty much every other sport. Not sure why that's such a difficult concept for him to grasp.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, just reread the article. Why the hell is topic the Tago hit. The Tago hit, while definitely should have been targeting it was the most fudged up play I have ever seen. When ever has a QB taken a knee before getting hit? I’ve seen QB’s go down to avoid a hit but never when a guy starts a tackle does he take a knee. I can see that one being overturned by a non football person, but the Gustin makes zero sense that even a novice fan couldn’t recognize was the text book definition of targeting.

The Tago wasn't a bang bang play. He had time to pull up, he didn't. Daniels had given himself up. How he did it, doesn't matter. In college football, once your knee hits the ground, you're down. It's always been the rule. So there was really no excuse for his hit and that call should never have been reversed.

The Gustin hit should also have been targeting, yet there wasn't even a call on the field and, if memory serves, there was a ref standing right there. I couldn't believe (but was relieved) that it wasn't called. There is no excuse for that call not being made.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an hour before game time!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to hear Saban’s thoughts at his press conference the week of the Iron Bowl at Auburn with Auburn coming off a bye and Alabama coming off a road game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that 2 commissioner idea. Although, I'd prefer to just get rid of Scott. Petersen should have told Scott to go fuck himself, but he probably doesn't have enough juice yet to be able to do that.

The bold is the most frustrating thing in all of this. If not for football and basketball, the Olympic sports wouldn't exist or not many of them anyway.

It's great in theory to treat the other sports as equal, but it's not based in reality. The fact is, football and basketball pay for pretty much every other sport. Not sure why that's such a difficult concept for him to grasp.

Well ya, the two commissioner thing was a smart ass remark but the conference office is so messed up and P5 type broke they might as well reshuffle instead of paying him for doing what he is doing now and that is concentrating on bringing in revenue. If he can bring one extra fan in for some tennis match it beats paying him to sit at home and watch women’s tennis.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tago wasn't a bang bang play. He had time to pull up, he didn't. Daniels had given himself up. How he did it, doesn't matter. In college football, once your knee hits the ground, you're down. It's always been the rule. So there was really no excuse for his hit and that call should never have been reversed.

The Gustin hit should also have been targeting, yet there wasn't even a call on the field and, if memory serves, there was a ref standing right there. I couldn't believe (but was relieved) that it wasn't called. There is no excuse for that call not being made.

Like I’ve said I wouldn’t have been mad or anything had it been called. I will contend it is A. A grey area because it is a play that no one has ever seen in legit competitive football B. He kind of deserved it for doing it. C. It was ten times safer for Tago to take that shot that hitting him “clean”

I do think it should have been called for sure but he was flagged and semi punished for that. Gustin’s should have been a firable offense. Both should have been called and that is where I’m confused with this story, Scott is under fire for a hit that didn’t concuss the player or was at a pivotal part in the game. Yet now the Tago call is the one people are being critical of yet it isn’t one that a commissioner should be shown the door for nor the one Scott has been caught at least in times pulling the fake news angle. Tago’s is a my bad we screwed up, Gustin’s was I should never be in charge of male sports again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I’ve said I wouldn’t have been mad or anything had it been called. I will contend it is A. A grey area because it is a play that no one has ever seen in legit competitive football B. He kind of deserved it for doing it. C. It was ten times safer for Tago to take that shot that hitting him “clean”

I do think it should have been called for sure but he was flagged and semi punished for that. Gustin’s should have been a firable offense. Both should have been called and that is where I’m confused with this story, Scott is under fire for a hit that didn’t concuss the player or was at a pivotal part in the game. Yet now the Tago call is the one people are being critical of yet it isn’t one that a commissioner should be shown the door for nor the one Scott has been caught at least in times pulling the fake news angle. Tago’s is a my bad we screwed up, Gustin’s was I should never be in charge of male sports again.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Tago. I've seen qb's do that before and Tago had plenty of time to avoid hitting him.

I think that the reason the focus is on the Tago hit rather than on Gustin's is because nothing was called on the Gustin hit, so there was nothing to overturn. On Tago's hit, the focus seems to be on some 3rd party overturning the call.

On the Gustin hit, it should have been a fireable offense for the ref that was standing right there and didn't make the call.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree on Tago. I've seen qb's do that before and Tago had plenty of time to avoid hitting him.

I think that the reason the focus is on the Tago hit rather than on Gustin's is because nothing was called on the Gustin hit, so there was nothing to overturn. On Tago's hit, the focus seems to be on some 3rd party overturning the call.

On the Gustin hit, it should have been a fireable offense for the ref that was standing right there and didn't make the call.

You’ve really seen a QB take a knee? I’ve seen tons of QB’s pull a Brett Farve and slide down in the fetal position but I’ve just never seen a QB do that and it seems highly dangerous to do it. It’s kind of like diving into home plate with the catcher blocking the plate.