• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

So you're telling us that the PAC12 OFFICE controls what plays get officiated and HOW they're going to rule?

Hmmm....very interdasting.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

So you're telling us that the PAC12 OFFICE controls what plays get officiated and HOW they're going to rule?

Hmmm....very interdasting.
That's not exactly how it went down. Scott says this lawyer/head of football for the league was a voice in the room and didn't believe he was giving any sort of override on that decision. The leaked report from the replay official made it seem like they wanted to call it targeting and were overruled by 'a third party'.

So they are too disorganized to simply say the home office fully controls officiating in live games.

This is actually worse IMO. No one is actually running things. They don't have clear rules and objectives. They are entirely ass clowns winging it and doing so badly. Complete and utter jokes.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not exactly how it went down. Scott says this lawyer/head of football for the league was a voice in the room and didn't believe he was giving any sort of override on that decision. The leaked report from the replay official made it seem like they wanted to call it targeting and were overruled by 'a third party'.

So they are too disorganized to simply say the home office fully controls officiating in live games.

This is actually worse IMO. No one is actually running things. They don't have clear rules and objectives. They are entirely ass clowns winging it and doing so badly. Complete and utter jokes.
After reading this....it seems that it was a definite possibility that it went down exactly like that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, just reread the article. Why the hell is topic the Tago hit. The Tago hit, while definitely should have been targeting it was the most fudged up play I have ever seen. When ever has a QB taken a knee before getting hit? I’ve seen QB’s go down to avoid a hit but never when a guy starts a tackle does he take a knee. I can see that one being overturned by a non football person, but the Gustin makes zero sense that even a novice fan couldn’t recognize was the text book definition of targeting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, just reread the article. Why the hell is topic the Tago hit. The Tago hit, while definitely should have been targeting it was the most fudged up play I have ever seen. When ever has a QB taken a knee before getting hit? I’ve seen QB’s go down to avoid a hit but never when a guy starts a tackle does he take a knee. I can see that one being overturned by a non football person, but the Gustin makes zero sense that even a novice fan couldn’t recognize was the text book definition of targeting.
The Tago hit was called on the field and went through the full review process. The Gustin hit was not.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were both targeting. Gustins was textbook definition of targeting. Tagos should have been on another level , First the QB had taken a knee and Tago comes in well after not only hits the QB he goes helmet to helmet.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tago hit was called on the field and went through the full review process. The Gustin hit was not.

Every play is reviewed though, so the same process should have happened especially since one of Scott’s several different stories he said the Gustin hit was reviewed and deemed clean. I can full see why someone would step in on the Tago hit, that is a once in a lifetime play.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every play is reviewed though, so the same process should have happened especially since one of Scott’s several different stories he said the Gustin hit was reviewed and deemed clean. I can full see why someone would step in on the Tago hit, that is a once in a lifetime play.
Play was stopped to review the Gustin hit. Play was not stopped on the Tago hit so I don't know what kind of review you think happened other than move along.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play was stopped to review the Gustin hit. Play was not stopped on the Tago hit so I don't know what kind of review you think happened other than move along.

I’m not sure what you are talking about. Play was stopped for Tago’s hit. It was flagged and reviewed and just deemed unnecessary roughness and not targeting. Everyone on the broadcast said Tago was going to be ejected but were all like what the hell did Daniels do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure what you are talking about. Play was stopped for Tago’s hit. It was flagged and reviewed and just deemed unnecessary roughness and not targeting. Everyone on the broadcast said Tago was going to be ejected but were all like what the hell did Daniels do.
The reason the article spoke of Tago was that play is what the internal memo from the replay official spoke of. No idea if they had one on the Gustin hit or maybe the lawyer didn't speak up on it?

The Tago hit left us with a Pac12 replay official appearing to voice frustration over being 'over ruled' by a non officiating 3rd party. It's pretty damning. And thankfully not only has Yahoo picked it up and ran with it, but very public people like Wilner have also pushed this story. It caused Scott to remove that '3rd party' from the process so that this doesn't happen again.

The problem is I doubt it does anything to move the needle on the entirely inept and out of touch presidents and chancellors when it comes to understanding the sports they oversee.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the article spoke of Tago was that play is what the internal memo from the replay official spoke of. No idea if they had one on the Gustin hit or maybe the lawyer didn't speak up on it?

The Tago hit left us with a Pac12 replay official appearing to voice frustration over being 'over ruled' by a non officiating 3rd party. It's pretty damning. And thankfully not only has Yahoo picked it up and ran with it, but very public people like Wilner have also pushed this story. It caused Scott to remove that '3rd party' from the process so that this doesn't happen again.

The problem is I doubt it does anything to move the needle on the entirely inept and out of touch presidents and chancellors when it comes to understanding the sports they oversee.

I guess, I just guess the Tago one wasn’t as big of a deal to me cause obviously I’m a Coug and Daniels kind of deserved it taking a knee when a guy is going to make a clean hit. As well as that wasn’t a pivotal call that had the broadcasters questioning the conferences integrity.

Scott should be fired or at least demoted to director of women’s sports or something. Why the hell do they pay 3 parties to make one call?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, I just guess the Tago one wasn’t as big of a deal to me cause obviously I’m a Coug and Daniels kind of deserved it taking a knee when a guy is going to make a clean hit. As well as that wasn’t a pivotal call that had the broadcasters questioning the conferences integrity.

Scott should be fired or at least demoted to director of women’s sports or something. Why the hell do they pay 3 parties to make one call?
The Tago hit was still targeting. You simply cannot lower your head into a tackle in football. He did and made direct contact with the head of another player. Had he lead with his shoulder as you are supposed to and even accidentally made helmet contact I wouldn't suspect it would be counted.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tago hit was still targeting. You simply cannot lower your head into a tackle in football. He did and made direct contact with the head of another player. Had he lead with his shoulder as you are supposed to and even accidentally made helmet contact I wouldn't suspect it would be counted.

That is where I disagree and think it was a grey area because we don’t know if his shoulder would have gone first because no quarterback has ever taken a knee thus forcing a helmet to helmet by completely fucking up the angle. But like I said, I wouldn’t have been mad because it was the definition of targeting but this is one time targeting was actually safer than had his shoulder hit Daniels.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where I disagree and think it was a grey area because we don’t know if his shoulder would have gone first because no quarterback has ever taken a knee thus forcing a helmet to helmet by completely fucking up the angle. But like I said, I wouldn’t have been mad because it was the definition of targeting but this is one time targeting was actually safer than had his shoulder hit Daniels.
There is no grey area at all. The technique now is to lead with a shoulder with your head still up. He went with his head down. It should be called 100% of the time and typically is. They have of course came out and admitted it was targeting and should have been called and not overruled by some fucking lawyer non official.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no grey area at all. The technique now is to lead with a shoulder with your head still up. He went with his head down. It should be called 100% of the time and typically is. They have of course came out and admitted it was targeting and should have been called and not overruled by some fucking lawyer non official.

I agree with the entire last part. But I guess we can agree to disagree on that one more play being a grey area. But completely agree the conference shouldn’t have someone less qualified than the already shitty refs making any on field calls. Just another bad look for the conference that Scott has gone out of his way to make look bad since he took over.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it going to take for that action to come?

As much as we like to give Bama fans shit for it, the conference needs a Saban. Not necessarily the coaching aspect (although that would be good too), but a coach or even an AD who will speak out against this crap and hopefully get other coaches and AD's on board.