• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few other differences between Chip taking over Oregon vs UCLA

Chip had been OC at Oregon already. his system to begin with. Not the case at UCLA
Oregon had an established QB in place. UCLA just lost their 3 year starter
Oregon's defenses were average at best in the couple years before Chip but middle of the pack is better than bottom. UCLA finished last year 123 out of 130

those 3 factors alone are a huge difference

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon had an established QB in place. UCLA just lost their 3 year starter

And iirc, their 3 year starter wasn't even their 3 year starter. He was a transfer from Michigan.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought Chip Kelly would do that well at UCLA -especially not the first couple of years. He had a unique situation at Oregon where his only major opponents on a regular basis were Stanford & USC. He was able to recruit to a system that was outside what most anybody else had seen or was doing - and he had some questionable inside help in recruiting players from Texas.

the rest of college football has caught up to what he was doing back then, the overall quality of athletes at UCLA doesn't measure up to what he had at Oregon, and he's been away from the college game long enough that now he is trying to play catch-up with everyone else.

He was also their OC before taking over. His system was already in place and he just had to keep it moving forward. He’s never built anything or turned a struggling program around.

We know he has the personality of a dry turd and recruiting isn’t, or hasn’t been his strong point. He might be in trouble.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also their OC before taking over. His system was already in place and he just had to keep it moving forward. He’s never built anything or turned a struggling program around.

We know he has the personality of a dry turd and recruiting isn’t, or hasn’t been his strong point. He might be in trouble.

As a USC fan, while I do hope that he is in trouble, I think I'll give him a couple of years before I start with the lol's. lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trouble I see is UCLAs fan base isn't very passionate even by PAC standards. Which gives him more time but also doesn't really motivate him to get it going quick.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU vs Washington predictions?
"It's almost hard to believe, but Arizona State owns the recent rivalry with Washington, winning 11 of the last 12 meetings straight up, including an upset last season, going a perfect 12-0 against the spread. Can the Sun Devils continue with that unlikely domination when they run with the Huskies Saturday night in Seattle?"

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU vs Washington predictions?
"It's almost hard to believe, but Arizona State owns the recent rivalry with Washington, winning 11 of the last 12 meetings straight up, including an upset last season, going a perfect 12-0 against the spread. Can the Sun Devils continue with that unlikely domination when they run with the Huskies Saturday night in Seattle?"
I question the line in this game, but maybe that's just me. Vegas has it something like 34-16 UW on the live lines. I'll be betting the under this week on the SportsHoopla bookie if it's still that high because I think that's WAY too high. Seriously 49 on the over/under?

Sure, this could be the game UW breaks out of their funk on offense and strings together 4 decent quarters, but they haven't so far. Even against an FCS team.

I see it closer to 24-6 or 27-10. Something like that. UW's defense is their strength and mince no words here, that defense is going to beat the ever loving crap out of ASU's offense. Ask Utah's receivers how they are doing this week.

I know the history of the match up, but this is entirely a different critter in every way. Graham had our number for sure. He's not there anymore. I really can't see ASU's offense doing what they will need to to get a win out of this match up given that it is at home.

I'm excited to see what that vaunted secondary does against Harry/Wilkins, but I expect it to be a long day at the office for that pair.

While I can see UW scoring over 20, I would expect at least 7 of that to be on the defense. I don't have a lot of faith that offense can do the kind of dominating a 49 point 17 spread line would indicate they are expected to do. Because of that, there's no way I'd be on UW to cover nor take the over.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just stoked how the Cougs are playing. In no way did I imagine they'd be anything more than 1-2 at this point. It's been against weak opponents but offense has looked good, defense has looked good, special teams has looked good. Nothing to complain except when they decided to scrimmage San Jose State in their 2nd half.

I'm actually anticipating this $C matchup as opposed to thinking I'd be able go to bed at a normal time Friday night.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just stoked how the Cougs are playing. In no way did I imagine they'd be anything more than 1-2 at this point. It's been against weak opponents but offense has looked good, defense has looked good, special teams has looked good. Nothing to complain except when they decided to scrimmage San Jose State in their 2nd half.

I'm actually anticipating this $C matchup as opposed to thinking I'd be able go to bed at a normal time Friday night.
Can't blame you for looking forward to that game. SC is down. Like nowhere near where they should be playing yet. Condoms are currently a 3.5 point favorite after opening at 4.5. Lot of money going against the boys of troy.

Hard to handicap this game as both of these teams are kind of handicapped as it is. :dhd:

SC is kind of desperate now and has to draw a line in that home sand and defend it or their thoughts of competing for that south title will be slipping farther away. Just not sure they have enough bullets in the gun particularly on offense. Team fireball is probably catching them still at a good time to make a game of this.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are still hedging their bets on the pick'ems I see. One clean sheet in so far and they bet both ways on the weekly game taking Stanford in one, and the ducks in the other.

If @Vitamike or @SUBuddha can see who turned in the first line they can see who has started that off this week. :whistle:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are still hedging their bets on the pick'ems I see. One clean sheet in so far and they bet both ways on the weekly game taking Stanford in one, and the ducks in the other.

If @Vitamike or @SUBuddha can see who turned in the first line they can see who has started that off this week. :whistle:
I will update the lines before the week officially opens.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will update the lines before the week officially opens.
Oh, I always wait to turn in my picks until then. I was just pointing out the only person that has already filled theirs in did that split vote thing on the weekly game. I know Vita was trying to prevent that as it's kind of weak to go both ways on both bets just to stave off a big loss. Kind of a pussy move IMO.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I always wait to turn in my picks until then. I was just pointing out the only person that has already filled theirs in did that split vote thing on the weekly game. I know Vita was trying to prevent that as it's kind of weak to go both ways on both bets just to stave off a big loss. Kind of a pussy move IMO.
I agree, but I have not found an effective way to track it yet.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I have not found an effective way to track it yet.
Yeah, we can't tell until the week is over. Once it is settled everyone can look at every other complete entry. Didn't know you all couldn't check before that.