• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cougs1.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else getting the sense Chip is not happy at UCLA? He has zero fire in him and they seriously look nothing at all like his Oregon teams. I get they aren't his guys, but check UCLA's recruiting classes over the last couple years, there is talent and athleticism there that I would imagine some sort of up tempo spread offense would be seen. But they seriously have nothing.

This is a guy with Darron Thomas at QB got to the national championship game and lost by a bad call. What is going on at UCLA is baffling to me.

From what I heard today, he has something like 20 true and redshirt freshmen seeing a lot of playing time.

Also, let's not pretend he built anything at Oregon. He took over a program that was already starting to make some noise.

At UCLA, he took over a program that has been on a downturn the past 3 or so years. So he has more work to do than he did at Oregon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm back home. Had to go straight to meetings right from the airport yesterday. That fuking sucked but at least Austin was a hella fun. I broke my phone friday night out in the town.
I saw it live and only once on the replay in the stadium but that was a safety right?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else getting the sense Chip is not happy at UCLA? He has zero fire in him and they seriously look nothing at all like his Oregon teams. I get they aren't his guys, but check UCLA's recruiting classes over the last couple years, there is talent and athleticism there that I would imagine some sort of up tempo spread offense would be seen. But they seriously have nothing.

This is a guy with Darron Thomas at QB got to the national championship game and lost by a bad call. What is going on at UCLA is baffling to me.

I never thought Chip Kelly would do that well at UCLA -especially not the first couple of years. He had a unique situation at Oregon where his only major opponents on a regular basis were Stanford & USC. He was able to recruit to a system that was outside what most anybody else had seen or was doing - and he had some questionable inside help in recruiting players from Texas.

the rest of college football has caught up to what he was doing back then, the overall quality of athletes at UCLA doesn't measure up to what he had at Oregon, and he's been away from the college game long enough that now he is trying to play catch-up with everyone else.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rest of college football has caught up to what he was doing back then, the overall quality of athletes at UCLA doesn't measure up to what he had at Oregon, and he's been away from the college game long enough that now he is trying to play catch-up with everyone else.

The bold is what is likely to be the biggest issue for him. While UCLA does have talent, they were recruited to Mora's system, not Chip's. That's likely at least part of why he's playing so many true and redshirt freshmen.

The fact that everyone has not only caught up but is actually using at least some aspects of his system will make it harder for him to see the kind of success he had at Oregon. It'll be interesting to see what, if any, new wrinkles he can come up with for it.