• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Fleck >>> Jim Harbaugh

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know, and in just his 3rd season, he won a Conf Div Title, won 11 games, including a win over Top Ten rated PSU and an Auburn team that beat Alabama and Oregon.

He didn’t win a division title in the B1G you flaming idiot.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a blithering retard that shouldn’t be granted internet access.

Still waiting for you to list the years Minnesota was ranked in the top 10.

1934 #1
1935 #1
1936 #1
1937 #5
1938 #10
1940 #1
1941 #1
the US Govt had to come in and rob UMn of it's coach and many of it's players, including Unanimous All-American Bill Daley who they sent to Michigan to play against the Gophers, for one. And their coach also coached a team against the Gophers and broke his own winning streak.

1949 #8
1960 #1
1961 #6
1962 #10

And at least one agency that picks Natl Champs picked Minnesota as the #1 team in the nation in

as well.

And MY WHOLE POINT in this thread has been about how important the coach is in determining how well a school will do. Doesn't matter the sport. Dabo at Clemson is proof positive of my argument. Fleck is another example.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1934 #1
1935 #1
1936 #1
1937 #5
1938 #10
1940 #1
1941 #1
the US Govt had to come in and rob UMn of it's coach and many of it's players, including Unanimous All-American Bill Daley who they sent to Michigan to play against the Gophers, for one. And their coach also coached a team against the Gophers and broke his own winning streak.

1949 #8
1960 #1
1961 #6
1962 #10

And at least one agency that picks Natl Champs picked Minnesota as the #1 team in the nation in

as well.

And MY WHOLE POINT in this thread has been about how important the coach is in determining how well a school will do. Doesn't matter the sport. Dabo at Clemson is proof positive of my argument. Fleck is another example.

You are seriously pumping your chest at a team that’s done nothing for almost 60 years. Stop doing that. My whole point.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IN SPORTS THAT MATTER.

No one gives a fuck what Minnesota does in women’s volleyball. Your men’s basketball team sucks. WVU is currently in the top 20. WVU football team had a down year. Minnesota football won 11 games for the first time since Reagan was president.

WVU basketball played in a championship in basketball the same year Minnesota won one in football.

WVU football is continuously a bowl team. Minnesota is not.

WVU basketball is continuously a tournament team. Minnesota is not.

An WVU has been to the elite 8 more than twice in 50 yyyears your flaming idiot.

Wikipedia lists WVU having been to just 3 Elite Eights. 1959, 2005 and 2010.

That is only TWO in the last 60 years.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the title of the thread loser fan of a loser school, it's FLECK > Harbaugh.

And sure, WVU has done ok in the 2 big sports, because that is ALL West Virginnie has, it's local college team, and you'all don't care about academics or research, obviously, so of course you are going to put a ton of attention towards your only sports teams.

Minnesota? They tried to get rid of football at UMn. Then they ignored it and gave it almost nothing in funding from the 50s to the 90s, so forty years they ignored it.

As for the bb program? Well, unlike UCLA and UNC and other cheating programs that are allowed to get away with it, the NCAA chose to throw the book at UMn when Clem the Cheat chose to fuck us over. So yeah, it's taking awhile to recover from that. Even so I'd bet we've put more players into the NBA than WVU has. lol

But UMn has produced more Nobel Prize winners than the entire SEC combined.

I bet WVU has NEVER produced a Nobel Prize winner.

And hockey IS A REVENUE sport at Minnesota, and the NHL IS a PRO league and former Gophers are getting paid MILLIONS of dollars a year for playing hockey after college.

And Minnesota's former players, HAVE BEEN CONTRIBUTING to football in my lifetime.

I grew up watching several former Gophers kicking arse in the NFL. I grew up watching Tony Dungy help the Vikings defense and after that I watched him help Tampa do what it's never done before that and then became the first Black Coach to win a Super Bowl.

I grew up watching a former Gopher coach 9 former Gopher players to a MIRACLE ON ICE!!!

Biggest sports upset of the 20th Century!

What does WVU contribute to society? Anything?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the title of the thread loser fan of a loser school, it's FLECK > Harbaugh.

And sure, WVU has done ok in the 2 big sports, because that is ALL West Virginnie has, it's local college team, and you'all don't care about academics or research, obviously, so of course you are going to put a ton of attention towards your only sports teams.

Minnesota? They tried to get rid of football at UMn. Then they ignored it and gave it almost nothing in funding from the 50s to the 90s, so forty years they ignored it.

As for the bb program? Well, unlike UCLA and UNC and other cheating programs that are allowed to get away with it, the NCAA chose to throw the book at UMn when Clem the Cheat chose to fuck us over. So yeah, it's taking awhile to recover from that. Even so I'd bet we've put more players into the NBA than WVU has. lol

But UMn has produced more Nobel Prize winners than the entire SEC combined.

I bet WVU has NEVER produced a Nobel Prize winner.

And hockey IS A REVENUE sport at Minnesota, and the NHL IS a PRO league and former Gophers are getting paid MILLIONS of dollars a year for playing hockey after college.

And Minnesota's former players, HAVE BEEN CONTRIBUTING to football in my lifetime.

I grew up watching several former Gophers kicking arse in the NFL. I grew up watching Tony Dungy help the Vikings defense and after that I watched him help Tampa do what it's never done before that and then became the first Black Coach to win a Super Bowl.

I grew up watching a former Gopher coach 9 former Gopher players to a MIRACLE ON ICE!!!

Biggest sports upset of the 20th Century!

What does WVU contribute to society? Anything?

I’m not the one that brought up WVU you fucking imbecile. I’m the one that stated you were an abbsolute jackass for suggesting Minnesota is a destination school because they won national titles 60 plus years ago.

I’m not here to tout WVU, but since you brought them up they have a hell of a better history more recently then your goofers you fucking retard.

STOP pumping Minnesota academics like it’s relevant to this argument. WVU has outshined Minnesota in the sports that matter.

But it’s hilarious you going again in this long drivel of what Minnesota has done and it’s still no where close to relevant in this discussion your flaming idiot.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The program you are pumping hasn’t done anything in 60 plus years on the gridiron. They are not a destination u blithering fucking idiot.

Yes they are. Fairly new Stadium. Brand new Practice Facility/Student Village.

LOTS of money that a winning team/Coach can tap into. Example, Fleck was given a big raise BEFORE the PSU game. He didn't even have to win that game to get the big money.

ONLY Div 1 school in the state, so the state is his for the taking, the winning over, it's not divided.

HUGE University with a very big alumni base scattered all over the nation.

You'd be surprised where you might find UMn alums.

Google AI is run by a former UMner.

Disney's #2 man was a former UMner, until a couple years ago, he left just before Disney started fucking up the whole Star Wars franchise.

If I looked hard enough, I could find DOZENS of examples of UMners contributing to society right now as we speak, not to mention all the thousands of ways UMn has helped make our nation as great as it has been over the years. That includes the world of football.

UMn invented Cheerleading, the 4 man backfront. Their coach is arguably the first or one of the first to push for the forward pass and then to utilize it. UMn had blacks, indians and chinese players on it's roster back at the turn of the century. 1st Pro fb player ever was a Gopher. The 1st Black All-Pro Football player was a Gopher. The 1st Black All-American QB was a Gopher. Clark Shaughnessy is called the Father of the Modern T. and his contributions were so significant with just 2 years coaching in the NFL, he's been nominated for the NFL HOF 3 times. Dungy's Tampa 2 Def was significant and he's the first ever Black Super Bowl winning coach. Oklahoma was made a football powerhouse by a former Gopher Bud Wilkinson. Tulane's time as a football power was only because of 3 straight former Gophers coaching them to that position. Univ of Wash was made into a football power by a former Gopher, Gil Dobie. The longest unbeaten streak and the longest winning streak are both still the longest, and both were Gophers coaching those teams. MSU was made into a legit Big Ten team by a former Gopher. Lombardi's #1 Asst was a former Gopher.

And despite being irrelevant on the cfb field of play for around 50 years, UMn is still ranked Top 20-30 All-Time by almost every All-Time ranking out there.

Billingsley had UMn ranked #17 all-time, going into the 2019 season.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not the one that brought up WVU you fucking imbecile. I’m the one that stated you were an abbsolute jackass for suggesting Minnesota is a destination school because they won national titles 60 plus years ago.

I’m not here to tout WVU, but since you brought them up they have a hell of a better history more recently then your goofers you fucking retard.

STOP pumping Minnesota academics like it’s relevant to this argument. WVU has outshined Minnesota in the sports that matter.

But it’s hilarious you going again in this long drivel of what Minnesota has done and it’s still no where close to relevant in this discussion your flaming idiot.

11-2 is all that matters, basically.

11-2. You lose.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are. Fairly new Stadium. Brand new Practice Facility/Student Village.

LOTS of money that a winning team/Coach can tap into. Example, Fleck was given a big raise BEFORE the PSU game. He didn't even have to win that game to get the big money.

ONLY Div 1 school in the state, so the state is his for the taking, the winning over, it's not divided.

HUGE University with a very big alumni base scattered all over the nation.

You'd be surprised where you might find UMn alums.

Google AI is run by a former UMner.

Disney's #2 man was a former UMner, until a couple years ago, he left just before Disney started fucking up the whole Star Wars franchise.

If I looked hard enough, I could find DOZENS of examples of UMners contributing to society right now as we speak, not to mention all the thousands of ways UMn has helped make our nation as great as it has been over the years. That includes the world of football.

UMn invented Cheerleading, the 4 man backfront. Their coach is arguably the first or one of the first to push for the forward pass and then to utilize it. UMn had blacks, indians and chinese players on it's roster back at the turn of the century. 1st Pro fb player ever was a Gopher. The 1st Black All-Pro Football player was a Gopher. The 1st Black All-American QB was a Gopher. Clark Shaughnessy is called the Father of the Modern T. and his contributions were so significant with just 2 years coaching in the NFL, he's been nominated for the NFL HOF 3 times. Dungy's Tampa 2 Def was significant and he's the first ever Black Super Bowl winning coach. Oklahoma was made a football powerhouse by a former Gopher Bud Wilkinson. Tulane's time as a football power was only because of 3 straight former Gophers coaching them to that position. Univ of Wash was made into a football power by a former Gopher, Gil Dobie. The longest unbeaten streak and the longest winning streak are both still the longest, and both were Gophers coaching those teams. MSU was made into a legit Big Ten team by a former Gopher. Lombardi's #1 Asst was a former Gopher.

And despite being irrelevant on the cfb field of play for around 50 years, UMn is still ranked Top 20-30 All-Time by almost every All-Time ranking out there.

Billingsley had UMn ranked #17 all-time, going into the 2019 season.

So you call Minnesota irrelevant in college football for 50 years yet still think they are a destination job?

None of what happened almost 60 plus years ago makes Minnesota a destination job now.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck did all that in the MAC. Those recruits don’t give a shit about the MAC. It’s like me saying recruits for WVU give a damn about what neal brown did at Troy.

I have no doubts fleck is a good coach. But he isn’t in the Mac anymore, hes in a big boy conference now.

Fleck's going 12-0 the year before starting at Minnesota IS RELEVANT. Doesn't matter it was in the MAC. The G5 schools produce at least one really good team every year, sometimes more than that. 4 years ago, it was WMU under the direction of P.J. Fleck.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck's going 12-0 the year before starting at Minnesota IS RELEVANT. Doesn't matter it was in the MAC. The G5 schools produce at least one really good team every year, sometimes more than that. 4 years ago, it was WMU under the direction of P.J. Fleck.

It was the MAC. Recruits couldn’t give a shit what he did in the MAC. They just remember how Minnesota pissed down there leg to not play in the conference championship game during their 11 win season.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you call Minnesota irrelevant in college football for 50 years yet still think they are a destination job?

None of what happened almost 60 plus years ago makes Minnesota a destination job now.

Yes. STILL a destination job.

NOT because of what happened in the past.

But...

because of what they can NOW offer recruits.

#1 - The hottest young coach in the land.
#2 - A team that just went 11-2.
#3 - A school that JUST completed a brand new State of the Art Practice Facility/Student Village.
#4 - A school that has a HUGE alumni base.
#5 - A school bringing in big time bank because of being a part of the B1G, helped by the B1G Network
#6 - A school with an EXCELLENT academic reputation.
#7 - A location with TONS of cool sh1t to do.
#8 - A location with TONS of Fortune 500 companies that like to donate to the U, and like to hire former Gopher football players.
#9 - A fanbase that is dying of their thirst for a winning football team.

That was off the top of my head, I'm sure if I thought about it longer I could add a few more to that list.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You experienced your first 11 win season with your team.

You are now touting said team.

Must suck to be you.

Dude, I'm an all-around sports fan. So...

3 wrestling Natty's in the 21st Century. I wrestled in high school, so I enjoy seeing the Gophers succeed in wrestling. Met Brock Lesnar just a few weeks ago at the gas station.
Back to Back Men's Hockey Titles in the 21st Century. I met Don Lucia walking along the sidewalk and talked with him for a minute the year before he won those back to back titles.
My daughter was on a Natl Title winning Dance team, so I enjoy the UMn Dance team winning 19 Natl Titles in the 21st Century, so far.

I'm a women's hockey fan, too. So I've very much enjoyed watching them win SEVEN Natties in the 21st Century.

And I golfed in high school, one time I played a round with #1 ranked Golfer in the World in 1996, Tom Lehman, so I enjoyed watching the Gophers Men's Golf team win the Natl Title back in 2002.

Oh, and I have a life outside of sports.

So NO, it does not suck for me. A little maybe, having to watch Glen Mason not be the "Fleck" we needed. Then having to see Kill get sick and have to step down. But unlike a WVU fan, when my football team does not come through, my other sports teams DO.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. STILL a destination job.

NOT because of what happened in the past.

But...

because of what they can NOW offer recruits.

#1 - The hottest young coach in the land.
#2 - A team that just went 11-2.
#3 - A school that JUST completed a brand new State of the Art Practice Facility/Student Village.
#4 - A school that has a HUGE alumni base.
#5 - A school bringing in big time bank because of being a part of the B1G, helped by the B1G Network
#6 - A school with an EXCELLENT academic reputation.
#7 - A location with TONS of cool sh1t to do.
#8 - A location with TONS of Fortune 500 companies that like to donate to the U, and like to hire former Gopher football players.
#9 - A fanbase that is dying of their thirst for a winning football team.

That was off the top of my head, I'm sure if I thought about it longer I could add a few more to that list.

It’s could to be optimistic like you are. But a lot on that list can apply to ANY university.