• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Fleck >>> Jim Harbaugh

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the MAC. Recruits couldn’t give a shit what he did in the MAC. They just remember how Minnesota pissed down there leg to not play in the conference championship game during their 11 win season.

Yeah, ok dude. Whatever you say. Funny how our recruiting ended up SO MUCH BETTER than in the past???

Maybe you are a loser who has no clue what recruits care about. I am NOT saying they care about Natties won 60 years ago. But YOU seem to think what WVU did over 12 years ago DOES matter?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm an all-around sports fan. So...

3 wrestling Natty's in the 21st Century. I wrestled in high school, so I enjoy seeing the Gophers succeed in wrestling. Met Brock Lesnar just a few weeks ago at the gas station.
Back to Back Men's Hockey Titles in the 21st Century. I met Don Lucia walking along the sidewalk and talked with him for a minute the year before he won those back to back titles.
My daughter was on a Natl Title winning Dance team, so I enjoy the UMn Dance team winning 19 Natl Titles in the 21st Century, so far.

I'm a women's hockey fan, too. So I've very much enjoyed watching them win SEVEN Natties in the 21st Century.

And I golfed in high school, one time I played a round with #1 ranked Golfer in the World in 1996, Tom Lehman, so I enjoyed watching the Gophers Men's Golf team win the Natl Title back in 2002.

Oh, and I have a life outside of sports.

So NO, it does not suck for me. A little maybe, having to watch Glen Mason not be the "Fleck" we needed. Then having to see Kill get sick and have to step down. But unlike a WVU fan, when my football team does not come through, my other sports teams DO.

Again, no one gives a shit about the Olympic sports you are proudly pounding your chest over when someone shows how much gopher football and basketball has sucked these last 60 years.

I have a life outside of sports too.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ok dude. Whatever you say. Funny how our recruiting ended up SO MUCH BETTER than in the past???

Maybe you are a loser who has no clue what recruits care about. I am NOT saying they care about Natties won 60 years ago. But YOU seem to think what WVU did over 12 years ago DOES matter?

No I don’t. I don’t at all. I’m saying recruits won’t give a shit about a program finishing in the top 16. Especially if that program hasn’t done it in 60 years. You are the fucking retard that doesn’t understand that. Your overly homeristic opinion of Minnesota is down right embarrassing.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s could to be optimistic like you are. But a lot on that list can apply to ANY university.

ALL 9 of those things? Name em. Go on, name the other universities that fit all of those 9 factors.

#10 - a school and fanbase that doesn't expect you to win Natl Titles almost immediately. Michigan, OSU, Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, etc., can't make this claim. Hence, LESS pressure. His winning 11 games has him being seen as King of Minnesota right now. That pressure may build up the more success he has or the more time that goes by, but for right now, he can do no wrong. You can't buy that kind of thing.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no one gives a shit about the Olympic sports you are proudly pounding your chest over when someone shows how much gopher football and basketball has sucked these last 60 years.

I have a life outside of sports too.

Well, with a school that is only good at 2 sports, and one of those 2 sports has been to only 2 Elite 8s in the last 60 years, and the other has NEVER EVER EVER finished in among the Top 4, that's good that you have a life outside of sports.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ALL 9 of those things? Name em. Go on, name the other universities that fit all of those 9 factors.

#10 - a school and fanbase that doesn't expect you to win Natl Titles almost immediately. Michigan, OSU, Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, etc., can't make this claim. Hence, LESS pressure. His winning 11 games has him being seen as King of Minnesota right now. That pressure may build up the more success he has or the more time that goes by, but for right now, he can do no wrong. You can't buy that kind of thing.

Most Universities can say all those things save the young coach. Minnesota isn’t even in the top 15 of living alumni bases. (Not sure where the are After that) Ever University has cool stuff to do. Some of this list is subjective as hell.

Fleck will have no pressure. But if he wins 11 again rest assured, he’ll be gone.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don’t. I don’t at all. I’m saying recruits won’t give a shit about a program finishing in the top 16. Especially if that program hasn’t done it in 60 years. You are the fucking retard that doesn’t understand that. Your overly homeristic opinion of Minnesota is down right embarrassing.

Dude, recruits care about MAYBE the last decade, depending on how old they were when they started paying attention to cfb. The 2021 recruits are only 16-17 right now? So 10 years ago puts them at 6-7? Alot of kids that young DO NOT CARE YET about cfb, and hence do not pay it much attention.

Recruits care MOST about, their #1 priority, is THE COACH. Do they like the Coach, and the coaching staff, can the current coach and coaching staff help them win, and help them improve as a player? So a guy like Fleck who can both win, AND develop lesser rated players into NFL bound players, makes him a very easy choice to make. And they care more about feeling comfortable at the school they will go to, than whether or not they won a title or not in 1981 or made it to #5 in the rankings 15 years ago, lol.

Otherwise no one would want to go anywhere but Bama/Clemson/OSU. But lots of good players choose NOT to go to those 3 schools.

Another negative against UMn football back in the 70s and 80s, is UMn was way too much a commuter school. It took away from the on-campus atmosphere. That issue HAS been addressed and the environment on campus has radically changed for the better since the 70s-80s.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Universities can say all those things save the young coach. Minnesota isn’t even in the top 15 of living alumni bases. (Not sure where the are After that) Ever University has cool stuff to do. Some of this list is subjective as hell.

Fleck will have no pressure. But if he wins 11 again rest assured, he’ll be gone.

Not even Top 15 in living alumni base? lol Where do you get that idea?

UMn was the largest University in the US as recently as the 1970s/80s I believe?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with a school that is only good at 2 sports, and one of those 2 sports has been to only 2 Elite 8s in the last 60 years, and the other has NEVER EVER EVER finished in among the Top 4, that's good that you have a life outside of sports.

I said no one cares about those sports. Not that WVU isn’t good. An Minnesota basketball has 2 elite 8’s in their entire history. Because you seem fixated on elite 8. WVU recently has been waaayy more relevant that Minnesota. Congrats on winning 11 games for the first time in the 21st century. Keep pumping that chest.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, recruits care about MAYBE the last decade, depending on how old they were when they started paying attention to cfb. The 2021 recruits are only 16-17 right now? So 10 years ago puts them at 6-7? Alot of kids that young DO NOT CARE YET about cfb, and hence do not pay it much attention.

Recruits care MOST about, their #1 priority, is THE COACH. Do they like the Coach, and the coaching staff, can the current coach and coaching staff help them win, and help them improve as a player? So a guy like Fleck who can both win, AND develop lesser rated players into NFL bound players, makes him a very easy choice to make. And they care more about feeling comfortable at the school they will go to, than whether or not they won a title or not in 1981 or made it to #5 in the rankings 15 years ago, lol.

Otherwise no one would want to go anywhere but Bama/Clemson/OSU. But lots of good players choose NOT to go to those 3 schools.

Another negative against UMn football back in the 70s and 80s, is UMn was way too much a commuter school. It took away from the on-campus atmosphere. That issue HAS been addressed and the environment on campus has radically changed for the better since the 70s-80s.

Recruits care about More than the coach. But the coach will be a huge factor. Minnesota still isn’t a destination school.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruits care about More than the coach. But the coach will be a huge factor. Minnesota still isn’t a destination school.

Why?

We've already determined recruits don't care about ancient history, and they don't even care about recent history often. Not always. But often. Otherwise there is NO WAY UMn could win recruiting battles with Bama, Georgia, LSU, OSU, Clemson, etc..

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it. UMn, according to Wiki, has 47,783 students going there presently. That's ALOT. I'd bet that's Top 10.

You said largest. The are not the largest. Now you want to say top 10? LOL move the goal posts much?

They are top 10. I’m positive they aren’t one though.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Wikipedia, UMn has the SIXTH LARGEST main campus student body in 2019-20.

51,327 students right now.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said largest. The are not the largest. Now you want to say top 10? LOL move the goal posts much?

They are top 10. I’m positive they aren’t one though.

I said they WERE the largest, back in the 70's/80's at one time. Do you just skim my posts? lol

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

We've already determined recruits don't care about ancient history, and they don't even care about recent history often. Not always. But often. Otherwise there is NO WAY UMn could win recruiting battles with Bama, Georgia, LSU, OSU, Clemson, etc..

Is Minnesota winning recruiting battles with those teams? It’s really not hard to figure out that Minnesota hasn’t been relevant in most people’s life time and that’s not exactly going to inspire someone to stay when bigger football programs come calling. Don’t worry, WVU is the same boat.