• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P.J. Fleck >>> Jim Harbaugh

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee was the real champ in 1951, and MSU didn't even play in a bowl game in 1952. Ga Tech went 12-0 and smoked a top 10 team in the Sugar Bowl. What Dantonio did was more impressive in a much more difficult era of football, especially for Northern teams.

Dude, MSU was already an established B1G conf team when Dantonio showed up at MSU, and didn't he follow Saban? lol You saying Saban left his cupboards empty???

When Biggie Munn showed up at MSU, they hadn't ever done anything. Dude, STFU, lol. Biggie's in the cfb Hall of Fame for a reason. Munn Arena is named such for a reason. They made him the AD for a reason. They let MSU into the Big Ten for a reason. That reason?

Biggie Munn.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a dance party, @Used 2 B Hu!

giphy.gif

Inb4 @BigRedMoe says Leann Rimes has let herself go...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You think Minnesota is a little poor school or something? lol

Minnesota has an Endowment fund over 5 times bigger than WVU's for example!!!

18 Fortune 500 companies headquartered there means there is money in Minnesota.

Minnesota has one of the largest alumni populations in the country!

Stop it. Minnesota isn’t a destination for any sport, outside of hockey.

Twins can’t get anyone to sign with them.

The Timberwolves were forced to trade Kevin Love because he was begging to leave. Then traded to get Butler, who promptly left.

I would say the Vikings are as close to a destination team Minnesota has and that is because you play indoors and they don’t have to deal with the cold on game day

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude? Turn into Wisconsin? I just said, Fleck is NOT going to turn the Gopher's into a one dimensional running team like Wisconsin.

And Minny DID beat Auburn, who beat Alabama and Oregon. And that was in only Fleck's 3rd year at the helm. His newest recruiting class is his best so far, and the best for UMn as far back as 247 has been keeping track.

We only had five 4 stars on the whole team this last season. He got 4 in this last recruiting class. At this rate, in 4-5 years he could have 20 of them on the roster, and that is if he doesn't keep improving.
By turn into Wisconsin I mean win 8-11 games consistently and produce some great teams every 2-5 years but cap out at a conference title game birth and good bowl game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, MSU was already an established B1G conf team when Dantonio showed up at MSU, and didn't he follow Saban? lol You saying Saban left his cupboards empty???

When Biggie Munn showed up at MSU, they hadn't ever done anything. Dude, STFU, lol. Biggie's in the cfb Hall of Fame for a reason. Munn Arena is named such for a reason. They made him the AD for a reason. They let MSU into the Big Ten for a reason. That reason?

Biggie Munn.

Saban was 7 or 8 years before Dantonio took over. Don’t remember if there 2 or 3 different coaches in between.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Timberwolves were forced to trade Kevin Love because he was begging to leave. Then traded to get Butler, who promptly left.

I would say the Vikings are as close to a destination team Minnesota has and that is because you play indoors and they don’t have to deal with the cold on game day

Dude, COLLEGE sports, you moron. lol WOW, how did you...?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By turn into Wisconsin I mean win 8-11 games consistently and produce some great teams every 2-5 years but cap out at a conference title game birth and good bowl game.

Well, I figured you meant that, too, and that is NOT what Gopher fans are going to be satisfied with.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, COLLEGE sports, you moron. lol WOW, how did you...?

Basketball — Last two recruiting classes:
2019. 37th. One spot ahead of Harvard
2020. 49th.

Football
2019. 45th
2020. 35th

When you say Minnesota is a destination school — Do you mean it is their destination after they don’t get in their first or second choice?

P .

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even AFTER World War II, UMn still has AT LEAST ONE Natl Title. WVU can't even muster a single Top 4 finish. lol

Even just looking at POST World War 2 UMn has A NATL TITLE of course, and 4 Top 10 finishes and 7 Top 16 finishes, WVU only has 8 Top 16 finishes, so it's not like WVU has been blowing Minnesota away post WW2.

What did I say, not a single Top 16 finish for WVU in over a dozen years?

That means most 2021 recruits, if not ALL of them, weren't old enough to remember WVU EVER getting into the Top 16.

So any advantage WVU might have had back a decade ago, has been totally flushed down the toilet.

Btw, you do realize UMn just built a new Practice Facility/Student Village, right? lol

Your last national title was 60 YEARS AGO. 60, neither of us were alive to witness it.

Your last top 10 finish was around then. They have done NOTHING since then. Continue this crap of pumping up a team that was good when JFK was president.

Who gives a fuck about top 16? Seriously, when’s the last time y’all had a top 10 finish?

WVU was in the top 16 just last year during the year clown. WVU has 3 top 10 finishes in the last 15 years.

Seriously it’s people like you that deserve to be shot. You are a blithering fucking idiot.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I figured you meant that, too, and that is NOT what Gopher fans are going to be satisfied with.
I'm not sure Gopher fans will have much choice. Minn hasn't even won the conference in over 50 years. This is only the 2nd 10+ win season since 1905 and the first time since 1967 that you lost only 2 games in a season. It's not like there's great precedent here for those kind of expectations. Fleck isn't going to be able to recruit at Minnesota like any of the major P5 schools and he won't have the same advantages to kick start that recruiting like Clemson. Say Fleck chooses to stay there until retirement, I think he might have a similar path as Dantonio. Fluctuating seasons between really good and average depending on hitting it lucky on 3 star kids he can develop.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, where to start? Hmmm?

Endowments?

WVU's endowment is 608.386 million.
UMn's endowment is 3.717 BILLION. lol

UMn's got almost twice as many students, three times as many doctoral students.

Forbes rates WVU #406
Forbes rates UMn #98

Global ARWU rates WVU #401-500
Global ARWU rates UMn #41

Global US News and World Report rates WVU #609
Global US News and World Report rates UMn #47

Center for Measuring University Performance rates UMn #35 Globally, #25 Nationally and #14 among Research Universities

UMn is considered a Public Ivy.

But you probably want to concentrate on sports, right? lol

WVU has literally ZERO men's only NCAA Natl Titles. LMMFGDAO@WVU!!!!!!!!

You got an unofficial boxing title. UMn wasn't bad at boxing back in the day, either? But that's better than nothing. And you also have ONE pre-NCAA Men's BB title, which is cool. UMn has THREE of those.

3 > 1.

And UMn has THREE Baseball titles, and THREE wrestling titles, 1 golf title, and boatloads of Hockey titles.

as for football,

UMn has SEVEN recognized Natl Titles in college football, more depending on the source you check.
WVU has ZERO.

7 > 0

WVU's highest ranking EVER has been #5? lol

Two #5s, a #6, a #7 and a #10? (5 ttl Top 10s) THAT is what you think can steal Fleck away from Minnesota? lol

You all haven't finished higher than #17 in over a decade. UMn's going to finish higher than that this year, in just Fleck's 3rd season.

UMn has FOUR #1s, a #5, a #6, a #8 and two #10s. (that's 9 ttl Top 10s). And I could argue for two more #1s, too.

Shall we continue? lol

No way in hell WVU would EVER, in your wildest dreams, EVER, be able to pull any coach away from Minnesota, in any sport, EVER.

1) I have no illusions WVU is a good academic school

2) All of your football rankings in the top 10 haven’t been since the 70’s.

3) WVU could pull more than a few minny coaches if they wanted to downgrade. They don’t though