• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ozzie Newsome

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand Ozzie's approach, because year after year he looks like he is making mistakes, but it always turns out great for the team in the end. Understandable to hear the frustrations of their fanbase.

But after all his success I would always trust the man!

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the time of yr I find myself wanting to beat him with a ball bat.....
He does this every yr, sits back and let's player after player slip by without even an effort to fill a need with one until all the quality players are signed.....
I am aware of the cap, but some of these could have been gotten on the cheap, and I know we got Steve Smith last yr and Doom late also 2 yrs ago, but you can't bank on those kind of bargains all the time....
I am an old horse trader myself but sometimes I find you just have to pay the money if you want the good stuff...
I know he has a plan and I may be waving his banner when the season starts, but right now, I want to pop him in the head and say C'mon man, Anthony Levine, Really ???
:scratch: :gaah::doh:

And yet they keep fielding really good, competitive teams. I think Newsome is one of the better GMs around.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet they keep fielding really good, competitive teams. I think Newsome is one of the better GMs around.

Can't argue that, but he still makes me want to slap him in the head right up to preseason most of the time with his method....:scratch:

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozzie always builds through the draft, and even if he signs free agents/trades, it always "right player for the right price"

Not to mention he only signs unrestricted free agents so the Ravens can get a couple supplemental draft picks the next season (they lead the league in those since they became a thing)