• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Out of curiosity

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know this is still "in the moment" and the immediacy of it will influence us a bit, but was this the best Niner game since the last Super Bowl? It basically comes down to

today
Giants WC game in 2003
The Catch II

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its the best since then, just because everybody said that if it came down to trying to keep up with the Saints... the 49ers and Alex Smith would fail. Well, it came down to that and they succeeded.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go

Today aka Catch 3 or the 11-85 Express/Connection/drive/whatever tag
Catch II
2002-03 WC gm for me....

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Catch II was big for me because it came against the Packers. BUT it was also Steve Young to TO, I expected Steve to be able to pull it off. The fact that it was Alex "WE WANT CARR" Smith leading us, and his face looked like he was nervous as hell, which made me nervous as hell, makes it feel better.. I'm still smiling.

Yea...I think this might top that, the fact that the score went back and forth a couple times at the end only adds to this one. All around the net I've only seen one single person who doesn't think it was a great game, but it's a packers fan, so he likely has down syndrome.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't answer for sure today.....too raw. However, I will say the drought between good teams has to be influencing my perception. It's been so long........I was totally jacked by this win.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Catch I
2. Catch II
3. Catch III

That would be my order, since many thought in these games we dogs in them.

The 49ers organization would agree on the level of importance, as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Catch II was big for me because it came against the Packers. BUT it was also Steve Young to TO, I expected Steve to be able to pull it off. The fact that it was Alex "WE WANT CARR" Smith leading us, and his face looked like he was nervous as hell, which made me nervous as hell, makes it feel better.. I'm still smiling.

Yea...I think this might top that, the fact that the score went back and forth a couple times at the end only adds to this one. All around the net I've only seen one single person who doesn't think it was a great game, but it's a packers fan, so he likely has down syndrome.

My damn computer... the ONLY thing that has gone wrong today... my post below. (Just trying to boost my post cout ;))

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This, to me, is better than the Catch II because the Rice fumble really should have been called (though I'm glad it wasn't). It was a great play by Young/T.O. but game-wise, this is better for me because the Aints have NO excuse.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the saints came in as the hottest team in the nfl and in a 3 min shootout, alex smith topped drew brees

it's almost unbelievable

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Catch II for me still ranks higher, but if this team goes further in the playoffs I think that raises the importance of The Catch III (or as I've dubbed it, The Reception... part I).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know this is still "in the moment" and the immediacy of it will influence us a bit, but was this the best Niner game since the last Super Bowl?

Easily. This is the furthest the Niners have been since they got beat up in the 1997 / 1998 NFC Championship game. And I thought the Saints were gonna be too much for 'em.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Too early too say because we need to see how the playoffs pan out first.

Part of the reason The Catch I is so fondly remembered because that catch was what catapulted us to our first Super Bowl and the makings of a memorable and unexpected championship run.

If we somehow win the Super Bowl than The Catch III will hold more weight and significance because that will likely be the defining play of our season and championship run and what will be considered play that propelled us.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know this is still "in the moment" and the immediacy of it will influence us a bit, but was this the best Niner game since the last Super Bowl? It basically comes down to

today
Giants WC game in 2003
The Catch II

I'll go with the 2003 game. In the stands for that one; I'll never forget it. This one is right up there though. Can you imagine the range of emotion up and down in the stands in that last 5 minutes? Nothing will ever touch the NFC Championship game in '81 for pure emotion and joy though.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't watch the 2003 game until like a year ago. world juniors were going on in halifax at the time

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"The Run and Catch" #1 since then. 2 reasons - it came after 9 years of misery. And we got TWO game winning touchdowns.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Catch II for me still ranks higher, but if this team goes further in the playoffs I think that raises the importance of The Catch III (or as I've dubbed it, The Reception... part I).

If you are talking plays instead of games as the OP was then you have to say Catch II was bigger than this catch because catch II was do or die. This one, if not completed, would have been followed by a chip shot FG to tie the game and send it to OT.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are talking plays instead of games as the OP was then you have to say Catch II was bigger than this catch because catch II was do or die. This one, if not completed, would have been followed by a chip shot FG to tie the game and send it to OT.

I was just thinking the same thing, 9ers were down 4 in the GB game. My argument though is that if the 9ers don't go on to win the SB is The Catch I as big as it became?

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just thinking the same thing, 9ers were down 4 in the GB game. My argument though is that if the 9ers don't go on to win the SB is The Catch I as big as it became?

It was far more important to me than the Super Bowl win following it was. You had to have sufferred through all the lean years and all the times the Cowboys beat the 49ers to understand it. MW and I often say that the Super Bowl that year was almost an afterthought.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its hard to say in real time, but I think this game is different because its going to go down as one of the most exciting games in NFL history. They were all great finishes, but the back and forth here was hard to top. Throw in the anticipation (back then we were more jaded about winning) and the Alex Smith and Vernon success stories, its the best in memory.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably is. The second comeback against Bengals in the Super Bowl is my all time #1. Catch II I listened to on radio so that kind of took a lot away from it. The comeback against Giants I gave up and changed the channel and missed a bunch until my brother started yelling in the other room. This game might be my all time #2.