• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Out of Control

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one talk show host said, "Why is it, when the Patriots win a football game, they cheated to do it?" He stated that it all started with "Spygate". He went on to say that 95% of Patriot fans and Patriot haters still don't know or understand what the Patriots were in violation of. More so the haters don't care. Every NFL team was filming other teams from the stands, the press box and the sidelines. Goodell told all NFL teams they could conrinue to film other teams and signals, but not from the sideline during games. Teams immediately set up small areas above the sideline to continue to film, the Patriots made the decision that the league had only said they couldn't do it at home. So Belichick had the Patriots crew film the Jets in Giant Stadium from their sideline. They were not hiding, they were in open site of everyone. They got fined. Since that time, anything and everything that the Patriots do, even by the rule book is considered "cheating".

Move forward to 2015. During the Divisional Playoff game against the Ravens, the Patriots used 6 legal eligible and ineligible formations. All were declared to the referee and all were announced to the Ravens. When the line judge steps away from the football, the offense can snap the ball as quickly or slowly as they wish. The Ravens called it 'deceitful' because Brady snapped the ball too fast and the Ravens didn't have time to digest the formation and make adjustments. Again, the Patriots are "cheating" because they didn't give the "brilliant" John Harbaugh a half hour to reset his defense.

Move forward again to Sunday January 18, 2015.In the AFC Championship Game, the Patriots tore apart the Indianapolis Colts 45-7. Twice during the game, footballs were taken out of play on the field. The first time, the officials had put a 'kickoff' ball into play. As is common practice, kickoff balls are not scuffed up as much as game balls. Quarterbacks are allowed to scuff up the surface of game balls to their preference. The home team must provide 8 footballs to the visiting team for every game. For Championship games and the Super Bowl, the league provides the balls. The second ball removed from play was considered to be 'soft' by the line judge and was immediately changed. All sportsmanship aside, Pagano immediately requested that the league check all of the balls that the Patriots were using to see if they were underinflated. Underinflated balls are supposedly easier to catch. Of course, no one noticed that Edelman and Gronkowski both dropped two catches and Amendola and LaFell each dropped a pass.
It's been two days and the league hasn't issued a statement. Was the testing lab closed for MLK Day?

Move forward to Tuesday January 20, 2015. This morning, the Colts have supposedly complained that the Patriots have a better view of the television replays being shown on a large screen TV in CBS Scence, the restaurant on the lighthouse end of the stadium. The team review crews in the mid-level boxes on the Patriots side have a review advantage. The fact that both booths have 5 65" TVs isn't in question, the Patriots can see the CBS Scene TV better.

Success can be a worse enemy than failure. As this radio host so eloquently stated, facts are facts and each individual can digest them and interpret them in his or her own way. The problem is that most people don't get the facts, they get someone else's interpretation and accept that as Gospel. Now that they have a slighty altered opinion they believe to be fact, they alter it a little bit more and the alterations grow as each newly uninformed person adds his interpretation.

HEADLINE........ISIS is the Patriots Practice Squad.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Super Bowl victory will ease my frustration.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What talk show host was this?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What talk show host was this?

Why does it matter? I flip around from station to station looking for something worth listening. I go from WEEI (93.7) to WBZ (98.5 Sports Hub) to WFAN (660 AM) to WFEA (1250 AM). When I'm in my wife's car I go all over Sirius and there are about 50 sports talk stations.

I believe I was listening to WFEA at the time I heard this guy.

You're as bad as the Trolls.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it matter? I flip around from station to station looking for something worth listening. I go from WEEI (93.7) to WBZ (98.5 Sports Hub) to WFAN (660 AM) to WFEA (1250 AM). When I'm in my wife's car I go all over Sirius and there are about 50 sports talk stations.

I asked because I'd love to read or hear exactly what you did. What's so fucking wrong with that?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all noise Ken... just enjoy the 14 years of great football. I've seen a fair amount of football and I have never seen a run like this one, and in the salary cap era no-less. This team's era might just rival the 40-50's Browns, albeit with fewer championships. Considering the salary cap, duration and the sheer number of teams now in the league - a case could be made that this Patriots run could compare to that one.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back from Boston. I went down to the Wang Theater to see Joe Bonamassa with my son, his girl and one of their old HS/college friends. In honor of the Patriots I let 2lbs of air out of each of my truck tires before I left town earlier.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not out of control. The press wields a lot of power and they are using with great forethought.
The press saying exactly what they need to get the unwashed masses worked up.
Goodell watches which way the wind is blowing. this is an ugly situation.....
Perception is reallity

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....I watched 98.5/tv-cast yesterday and they brought in two footballs with one lighter by 2-lbs/psi,....you could barely tell the difference looking at them ,.......mike felgar said he couldn't even tell the difference with one in each hand.

thisistheyear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Page 105 of the 2007 NFL Game Operations Manual states, "No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game...All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."