• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

our minors 14

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
edrod has a higher upside . berry has beat edrod in the afl , spring training and vs same team . it's like matusz = berry and britton = edrod higher ceiling . prospect edrod is higher but as far as being help to the big league team berry is ahead . which berry is older and has had injury issues which was the reason he was drafted in the 50 th round o so . both are keepers .
I can't say one is closer to being in the big leagues than the other. It's great that Berry did well in the AFL and spring training. Non of that matters if he doesn't pitch well in Bowie. That is what matters the most. He had a great first start. Hopefully, that continues.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say one is closer to being in the big leagues than the other. It's great that Berry did well in the AFL and spring training. Non of that matters if he doesn't pitch well in Bowie. That is what matters the most. He had a great first start. Hopefully, that continues.

well in spring training edrod was schooled ! that tells me alot . then again both was drafted by the o's we will shove them both back for someone elses junk ! btw manny is running on a treadmill in a pool and has to get to where he can run sprits before playing in games . also roch has that the johan feels good after his 2 innings and the buck has no idea what is next for him . so maybe the end of may ?

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 21 year old getting schooled in spring training doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Everybody knows he isn't ready yet. Performance in real games means a whole lot more to me.

Who in the Orioles organization has been held back due to picking up another pitcher? Please don't say Britton. He has had plenty of chances.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 21 year old getting schooled in spring training doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Everybody knows he isn't ready yet. Performance in real games means a whole lot more to me.

Who in the Orioles organization has been held back due to picking up another pitcher? Please don't say Britton. He has had plenty of chances.

i would rather watch britton than a struggling chen . i hope chen improves . i just don't see him with us next year his stuff is straight !

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would rather watch britton than a struggling chen . i hope chen improves . i just don't see him with us next year his stuff is straight !
Britton has done nothing but struggle. You would have rather of watched that compared to what Chen has done the last two years.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome if Santana could even turn into a 4/5 starter again..even BP.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britton has done nothing but struggle. You would have rather of watched that compared to what Chen has done the last two years.

ok i'll bite name the last starter that went no er in 21 innings ? during that month he was only 1-2 should have been 4-1 ? also a gb pitcher with a terrible thirdbaseman and who playing second ? 11 -11 on a 69 win team is awesome gave up 93 r 79 er take out his bad innings
154 - 17 r - 13er
----------------------
153 inn 76r 66 er man that is alot of unearned runs
how about all the should have been 2 and we got the e or got only 1 out .

what i find funny as hell in 11 zach was 94 95 96 mph and up as a starter . last month of that season he later admitted he was hurt and kept going . no matter what he has 6 scoreless inning only r he gave up in spring training was on one that buck asked was that an E . means the play should've been made .
:gaah:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yoon 2 1/3 inn 11h 9 r 9 er bb poor eddie gamboa is on following this he has gone 2 2-3 so far 2 h 2 k

caleb just killed a ball to bring them back to 9-5 in the nineth now . gamboa 5 2 /3 inn 5 h 5 k yep he is one we should give a shot 2

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
caleb just killed a ball to bring them back to 9-5 in the nineth now . gamboa 5 2 /3 inn 5 h 5 k yep he is one we should give a shot 2

that gives gamboa only 1 bb in 10 2/3 inn

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i'll bite name the last starter that went no er in 21 innings ? during that month he was only 1-2 should have been 4-1 ? also a gb pitcher with a terrible thirdbaseman and who playing second ? 11 -11 on a 69 win team is awesome gave up 93 r 79 er take out his bad innings
154 - 17 r - 13er
----------------------
153 inn 76r 66 er man that is alot of unearned runs
how about all the should have been 2 and we got the e or got only 1 out .

what i find funny as hell in 11 zach was 94 95 96 mph and up as a starter . last month of that season he later admitted he was hurt and kept going . no matter what he has 6 scoreless inning only r he gave up in spring training was on one that buck asked was that an E . means the play should've been made .
:gaah:
You can't cherry pick stats. If you do that you can make any player look good. The fact is Britton has been bad with the Orioles. I don't think any of the pitchers the Orioles have signed has held Britton back. Chen has earned his starting spot with the team. He has just been better than Britton.

It appears Britton is recovered from his shoulder injury and is pitching well. The O's are going to need some additional starters this year. If he continues pitching the way he is, he might get his chance to start. I don't want to come off sounding like I dislike Britton. I hope he succeeds and becomes the pitcher everybody thought he would be.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't cherry pick stats. If you do that you can make any player look good. The fact is Britton has been bad with the Orioles. I don't think any of the pitchers the Orioles have signed has held Britton back. Chen has earned his starting spot with the team. He has just been better than Britton.

It appears Britton is recovered from his shoulder injury and is pitching well. The O's are going to need some additional starters this year. If he continues pitching the way he is, he might get his chance to start. I don't want to come off sounding like I dislike Britton. I hope he succeeds and becomes the pitcher everybody thought he would be.
this year baseball reference has britton moving over 1 million dollars . he signed out of high school . at 23 had a era under 4 when sent down after 1 horrible start just to delay the start of his clock . that season on a terrible team was 11-11 but yet chen has earned what ???????????? how many bus trips has chen made ? oh he can't without his approval. britton has earned a chance . matusz hasn't made many bus trips either . the best thing that could have happen to zach is to stay in school and get a higher draft pick and get the 4 or 5 million on draft day .

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year baseball reference has britton moving over 1 million dollars . he signed out of high school . at 23 had a era under 4 when sent down after 1 horrible start just to delay the start of his clock . that season on a terrible team was 11-11 but yet chen has earned what ???????????? how many bus trips has chen made ? oh he can't without his approval. britton has earned a chance . matusz hasn't made many bus trips either . the best thing that could have happen to zach is to stay in school and get a higher draft pick and get the 4 or 5 million on draft day .
Ted, are you really judging a pitcher on wins? That is way down on the list of stats that I would use to judge a pitcher. Chen has earned a spot at starting over Britton because he has pitched better the last two years. Who cares if Britton came up through the system and had to do all those awful bus rides. This is MLB. You put the best players possible out there. Britton hasn't been one of them the last two years. That's why he has spent part of the season in the minors. There is no conspiracy going on.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted, are you really judging a pitcher on wins? That is way down on the list of stats that I would use to judge a pitcher. Chen has earned a spot at starting over Britton because he has pitched better the last two years. Who cares if Britton came up through the system and had to do all those awful bus rides. This is MLB. You put the best players possible out there. Britton hasn't been one of them the last two years. That's why he has spent part of the season in the minors. There is no conspiracy going on.

well if tj was better last year he is better this year ! :laugh3::laugh3: chen will not finish the year in the rotation and neither will one of norris or gonzo if not both .

Trevler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if tj was better last year he is better this year ! :laugh3::laugh3: chen will not finish the year in the rotation and neither will one of norris or gonzo if not both .
If you don't know the difference between TJ's situation and Brittons, I don't know what to tell you. Chen may not be in the rotation by the end of the year. It doesn't change the fact that he still pitched better than Britton the last two years.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know the difference between TJ's situation and Brittons, I don't know what to tell you. Chen may not be in the rotation by the end of the year. It doesn't change the fact that he still pitched better than Britton the last two years.

fact is since chen knee injury he hasnt done shit ! is it he is still hurt or that the mlb caught up with his straight stuff ? either way it's time for him to get straight or move on . gausman today is on our best 25 ! where is he ? there is more ! i would love to see gamboa screw with the hitters timing like dickey does .