• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other Games

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's starting to look like the Ravens have the Steelers' number......

Not sure what to make of it.... Do we blame it all on injuries or are the Ravens just that much better? And if so, how the hell did they struggle so much against Jax and AZ? Maybe we have a better shot at this division than I thought?!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I only brought up Newton due to Rey's prior criticism of his play.... See Rey's reaction to Cam's performance against Green Bay for context.

As for Carson -- What is a much better football team? An 8-8 runner-up to SD in the AFC-W? For a 1st and a 2nd? No thanks.

I don't think the Raiders and Hue Jackson made this trade for the nest 5 games. I think they made it for the next 5 yrs. If Palmer returns to form as a topflight NFL passer it's not a bad trade for them. the early returns looked promising (again that's entirely an opinion)

maybe Palmer's aura/mojo is why they gave up 38 pts and 300 yds on the ground, but no team's winning under those circumstances. i mean this question literally. Has any team ever given up 300 rushing yds, 38 pts and won?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Hard to blame the qb when you give up those kinds of numbers. Makes you wonder what the hell Hue is doing out there.

But, I don't believe Carson will ever bounce back to what he was in 05 or 06. I think he looks like a late career Bledsoe -- Still as the fastball, but is erratic at times, is slow, and is prone to the big mistake.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. Hard to blame the qb when you give up those kinds of numbers. Makes you wonder what the hell Hue is doing out there.

But, I don't believe Carson will ever bounce back to what he was in 05 or 06. I think he looks like a late career Bledsoe
-- Still as the fastball, but is erratic at times, is slow, and is prone to the big mistake.

If that's the case, it'll be a horrible trade. he might be washed-up ala Beldsoe at that age. it'll be a monumental mistake if he has a couple sub-par yrs and is then out of the leauge.. It'll be intersting to see how it plays out

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We get it - You love Carson. But he threw 3 interceptions today and his team lost. If it were Cam Newton out there you'd be all over him. And, in fact, in many ways Carson's performance today was much like a Cam Newton game - He threw for big yardage, put some points on the board and made just enough mistakes to lose. Fortunately for Newton, he is a rookie and not an 8th year player. As for Palmer - They mortgaged their future on the right arm of a guy that has never won a playoff game. They looked better when he wasn't on the roster. I wish him luck, but I don't see how he's worth what was spent.

My criticism of Cam that game was strictly in the context of his ability to read a defense.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/46454-other-games-2.html#post1159391

It had little to do with how well he played or didn't play on the stat sheet. Way to take it out of context.

And in the past I have defended Newton's record as it not being an indication of how good or bad a player he is. So, another lie.

The offense looked very good today without their starting RB, #1 WR for most of the game, and starting TE in Boss. As the stats I've posted in the past, Oakland was #2 in the running game and #22 or #28 in the passing game with McFadden and Campbell. To say they look worse with Carson than with Campbell is no more than figment of your imagination, especially considering you probably did not watch a single game with Campbell nor today's game with Carson.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another interesting statistic posted by Stats Inc.

Last year, 12 of Carson's interceptions were on targets to TO.

Every single year the past 5 years, TO has led the league in this category.

People seem to think Carson was only on the Bengals last year, which by happenstance is the only year he was "prone" to make those big mistakes.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game is on flaccos shoulders they have lost.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what a drive by the Ravens...

Flacco beat them for two TD passes

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
interesting stat they just posted...

the Ravens converted 14 3rd downs against the Steelers. the most they've given up in over 40 yrs

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn now we get the Steelers coming off a tough loss. I was hoping to catch them after an emotional win.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to sound weird, but I do not fear the Steelers.....we can stop their running game and pressure Ben and we'll be ok....of course I'm not about to pick us to win, what with the superstition and all.....

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we win. Their running game isn't that good and their Oline blows. Play both our safeties over the top and put Howard on Miller. Hope Rey is back.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must get pressure with just the front four......but we can do this.....I can't wait to see Dalton and Green perform in this game......I believe they can come up big.....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My criticism of Cam that game was strictly in the context of his ability to read a defense.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/46454-other-games-2.html#post1159391

It had little to do with how well he played or didn't play on the stat sheet. Way to take it out of context.

And in the past I have defended Newton's record as it not being an indication of how good or bad a player he is. So, another lie.

The offense looked very good today without their starting RB, #1 WR for most of the game, and starting TE in Boss. As the stats I've posted in the past, Oakland was #2 in the running game and #22 or #28 in the passing game with McFadden and Campbell. To say they look worse with Carson than with Campbell is no more than figment of your imagination, especially considering you probably did not watch a single game with Campbell nor today's game with Carson.

Whether it's my imagination, or reality, Palmer's Raiders just lost a home game to the Tebow Broncos. Palmer contributed his part with 3 turnovers. For all of these good things you mention about Palmer through the last 2 seasons, very little has come out on the scoreboard.

I watched the Bills/Raiders game early this season. Jason Campbell was certainly nothing special. And frankly, the Raiders showed some bad warning signs - They were beaten badly late because of mistakes. But if it's these other issues that are keeping them from winning, I would suggest NOT spending draft picks for a quarterback that isn't going to help with the big problems.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn now we get the Steelers coming off a tough loss. I was hoping to catch them after an emotional win.

Thats just what i was going to post..i'm sure not looking forward to playing Pitt after there coming off a tough loss.It's going to be a battle,but hey!..thats what ya got to do if your planning on being up there with the "BIG BOYS"and contending for division title's yr in and yr out.One game at a time and who know's where these young Bengals will take us.:pray: