• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other Games

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can blame it on defense and be partially right....think Brady or Rodgers won't put the game away, or won't come back, given the opportunity? We always wanted to compare Palmer to those guys, when realistically he was never in that league, and never will be......I'm telling you bottom line that Palmer is too easily defeated.....

You have a failing argument when you're comparing him to Brady or Rodgers. Nobody else is, at least since 2005.

Nonetheless, Brady did have that fail of a game against the Bills.

Last week Dalton had a chance to put Seattle away several times. We had many 3 and outs. Dalton had 2 interceptions. Considering the interceptions were well into Seattle territory and those 3 and outs were as much a product of Marvin and the philosophy, had the defense given up 2 ugly TDs and ST given up a TD, I wouldn't hold it against Dalton. Sure he could've done more, but he still left the team in a 'just fine' position.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, that might turn out to be the case. what I saw today I wouldn't be shocked if he has a Kurt Warner-like renaissance in Oakland... I expected the guy to suck, but he threw some of the best passes I've seen in a long time

I didn't watch, so I only have the play by play to go by....if you say he made some great throws I believe you....my reference is to important points in the game, when he made mistakes instead of making plays....this kind of thing is something we are familiar with....hey I hope he does have a renaissance, I've always liked the guy, but the team needs to win for him to be a success, and losing to Tim Tebow led Denver is a complete embarassment.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think I want the Steelers to win, but I'm really not sure....just to keep them even with each other on the season.....I could easily be wrong....

Looking at the schedule, I have to go with the Ravens. Steelers have it easier from here on out, and are playing better than the Ravens over the last couple weeks.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a failing argument when you're comparing him to Brady or Rodgers. Nobody else is, at least since 2005.

Nonetheless, Brady did have that fail of a game against the Bills.

Last week Dalton had a chance to put Seattle away several times. We had many 3 and outs. Dalton had 2 interceptions. Considering the interceptions were well into Seattle territory and those 3 and outs were as much a product of Marvin and the philosophy, had the defense given up 2 ugly TDs and ST given up a TD, I wouldn't hold it against Dalton. Sure he could've done more, but he still left the team in a 'just fine' position.

Fine then we'll just compare him to Dalton....results are similar so far.....the Bengals under Dalton have been much stronger as a team than the Bengals under Palmer, while Palmer's addition to the Raiders so far has not made them better...time will tell, though....

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fine then we'll just compare him to Dalton....results are similar so far.....

Well, that's what this is about isn't it...from the suggestion that last season Carson wasn't able to close out teams and this season appearing to be the same, but how it is somehow Carson's fault. Not much is different for the Bengals this season either, just that we don't have an imploding defense.

But yes, I agree. Results are similar.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't watch, so I only have the play by play to go by....if you say he made some great throws I believe you....my reference is to important points in the game, when he made mistakes instead of making plays....this kind of thing is something we are familiar with....hey I hope he does have a renaissance, I've always liked the guy, but the team needs to win for him to be a success, and losing to Tim Tebow led Denver is a complete embarassment.

NFL Videos: QB Palmer to WR Houshmandzadeh, 28-yd, pass

NFL Videos: QB Palmer to RB Reece, 40-yd, pass, TD

this is a great play byt the WR, but the touch and accuracy are perfect
NFL Videos: QB Palmer to WR Ford, 18-yd, pass, TD

some of the throws were 05/06 Palmer-esque. with their speed on offense they could be a trackmeet once Palmer gets full comfortable in their scheme and Heyward-Bey and McFadden get healthy

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Calling that an incompletion would only be icing.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd tease the Carson fan(s) more, but alas, I have to believe he actually can do better.

lets see, who does oakland play next week. San diego, well, maybe.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

some of the throws were 05/06 Palmer-esque. with their speed on offense they could be a trackmeet once Palmer gets full comfortable in their scheme and Heyward-Bey and McFadden get healthy

What's most impressive is that 9.5 yap (despite only completing 54% of his passes). That would be good for 2nd in the league behind Rodgers.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd tease the Carson fan(s) more, but alas, I have to believe he actually can do better.

lets see, who does oakland play next week. San diego, well, maybe.

That's the sound of someone who didn't watch the game. Carson played pretty well today.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those were all awesome throws...thanks for sharing....I would like to see all three picks though, and see if those were maybe 2010 Palmer-esque.....

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st: (threw one up, great play by Champ) NFL Videos: Broncos defense, INT

2nd: (2010-esque) NFL Videos: Broncos defense, INT

3rd: (1:15 remaining down 2 TD, being hit): NFL Videos: Broncos defense, INT

Thanks for sharing.....the first was definitely a great play by Bailey, and the last could be attributed to desperation....the second, though was a terrible throw while attempting to assume complete command of the game, and this is what I was alluding to in my previous post......I believe that Palmer's problem is as much mental as physical.....he was Bengalized, and that's not going to be easy to overcome....

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks for sharing.....the first was definitely a great play by Bailey, and the last could be attributed to desperation....the second, though was a terrible throw while attempting to assume complete command of the game, and this is what I was alluding to in my previous post......I believe that Palmer's problem is as much mental as physical.....he was Bengalized, and that's not going to be easy to overcome....

yea, that was a terrible throw and one of the reasons they lost. maybe I was overly impressed because my exectations were so low. I thought they'd run 70 percent of the time, throw some screens, and he'd manage the game... he looked pretty close to prime-era CP, warts and all.. you could debate the overall effectiveness as a QB, but as a pure pocket passer he can be great... I expect some sketchy performance, but in a month or two they might be firing on all cylinders and putting up huge pts on the board

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it - You love Carson. But he threw 3 interceptions today and his team lost. If it were Cam Newton out there you'd be all over him. And, in fact, in many ways Carson's performance today was much like a Cam Newton game - He threw for big yardage, put some points on the board and made just enough mistakes to lose. Fortunately for Newton, he is a rookie and not an 8th year player. As for Palmer - They mortgaged their future on the right arm of a guy that has never won a playoff game. They looked better when he wasn't on the roster. I wish him luck, but I don't see how he's worth what was spent.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We get it - You love Carson. But he threw 3 interceptions today and his team lost. If it were Cam Newton out there you'd be all over him. And, in fact, in many ways Carson's performance today was much like a Cam Newton game - He threw for big yardage, put some points on the board and made just enough mistakes to lose. Fortunately for Newton, he is a rookie and not an 8th year player. As for Palmer - They mortgaged their future on the right arm of a guy that has never won a playoff game. They looked better when he wasn't on the roster. I wish him luck, but I don't see how he's worth what was spent.

I think Cam Newton's the best rookie QB since Dan Marino, so I have no clue why you're brining him into the discusion.

yeah, I thought Palmer was impressive today. did the Raiders give up too much for him? probably, but if he plays at his best level he'll make them a much better football team

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cam Newton's the best rookie QB since Dan Marino, so I have no clue why you're brining him into the discusion.

yeah, I thought Palmer was impressive today. did the Raiders give up too much for him? probably, but if he plays at his best level he'll make them a much better football team

I only brought up Newton due to Rey's prior criticism of his play.... See Rey's reaction to Cam's performance against Green Bay for context.

As for Carson -- What is a much better football team? An 8-8 runner-up to SD in the AFC-W? For a 1st and a 2nd? No thanks.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it's starting to look like the Ravens have the Steelers' number......