• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: World Cup

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he played a GREAT game today. lol

Meh ... None of them played great ... Few played even well

His second half was poor but run stats will show he did the most work

Eveyone was stationary , waiting for passes instead of challenging for them

I hope they sort it out

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh ... None of them played great ... Few played even well

His second half was poor but run stats will show he did the most work

Eveyone was stationary , waiting for passes instead of challenging for them

I hope they sort it out

I don't understand your defense of him though - he had some AWFUL passes. I mean, god awful. Turned times that could have been possession or opportunities into immediate givebacks. I don't disagree guys were not showing enough for passes, but Bradley was pretty terrible today. He can't play that way again - they need him.

Jermaine Jones was outstanding at both ends. Tim Howard was excellent. All of the defensive backs did a really great job, especially Fabian Johnson. Otherwise, I think the midfield and offense was pretty poor. Even Dempsey who had the spectactular play early had a lot of poor passes and bad plays.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand your defense of him though - he had some AWFUL passes. I mean, god awful. Turned times that could have been possession or opportunities into immediate givebacks. I don't disagree guys were not showing enough for passes, but Bradley was pretty terrible today. He can't play that way again - they need him.

Jermaine Jones was outstanding at both ends. Tim Howard was excellent. All of the defensive backs did a really great job, especially Fabian Johnson. Otherwise, I think the midfield and offense was pretty poor. Even Dempsey who had the spectactular play early had a lot of poor passes and bad plays.

He completed a quarter of all us passes up to minute 40 at a 97% clip

His second half was poor but i saw more than a couple passes to teammates where they didnt even move towards the ball. U cant hold possession if your teammates arent even working themselves into open positions

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the backline, there was zero push from the fullbacks

Beasley and the right side were abused all game

Defensively they did their jobs. Nothing extraordinary. Added no push. No probing runs and zero crosses into dangerous offensive zone. The flanks were a complete mess

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My breathing still hasn't regulated.

Can we...I dunno...possess the ball next game? Please?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: 5 minutes of added time on the second half was complete crap. 3 would've sufficed. Amazing the amount of injuries that happened, never seen anything quite like that from what you know is an incredibly conditioned team. Altidore's is likely the only one that will hold a guy out. Depends on the extent of the injury, but his World Cup is likely over. Sucks. Johannsen isn't the answer up front. After Jozy went out and Dempsey broke his nose any sense of possession dried right up.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting win for the US, but they still need to (you would assume) draw against Portugal to advance, and they won't with that kind of play.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting win for the US, but they still need to (you would assume) draw against Portugal to advance, and they won't with that kind of play.

Agreed, but Portugal won't win if they put on the same show they did against Germany. Germany is superior to Ghana of course, but they laid a massive egg. They were frustrated, let it show. Only really had two decent chances that I can remember. Of course US probably only had 5 or so chances, just cashed in on two of them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley needs to be better. A lot of bad turnovers and dumb plays by the guy that needs to be our best player.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA win!

Wish I could've caught the reaction in the bar I was in after the winning goal. Awesome. So much fun.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I really enjoyed watching Iran vs Nigeria. Two teams playing hard, great sportsmanship, and no "Nigerian scamming" of the refs by either team. It may not have been the most skilled contest, and there were no goals scored, but the spirit of the competition is what every team and player should shoot for.

That said; go Iran!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley needs to be better. A lot of bad turnovers and dumb plays by the guy that needs to be our best player.

this!!!!!

is there anyone outside of Dempsey that can control the ball?

very ugly game... very dissatisfying performance TBH... but the few opportunities given, 2 goals, that's it counts...

Going to get ugly....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you about Bradley... I was very down on Bradley of late and everyone is telling me or saying that wasn't the case etc....

I was even doubting what I was seeing lol...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this!!!!!

is there anyone outside of Dempsey that can control the ball?

very ugly game... very dissatisfying performance TBH... but the few opportunities given, 2 goals, that's it counts...

Going to get ugly....

Thank you about Bradley... I was very down on Bradley of late and everyone is telling me or saying that wasn't the case etc....

I was even doubting what I was seeing lol...

hes getting thoroughly shredded huh lol :L

I guess he is supposed to control the ball the whole game ... simpsons episode style ... by himself lol

Pirlo is a magician because his teammates give him lots of outlets ... I dont think Bradley got much of that yesterday and with all the goddamn running he had to do (12.73 kms covered ... 5.06 kms while not in possession >>> both game highs of any player, both teams) the second half was a total mess for him

his teammates need to give him much better options

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess he is supposed to control the ball the whole game ... simpsons episode style ... by himself lol

Pirlo is a magician because his teammates give him lots of outlets ... I dont think Bradley got much of that yesterday and with all the goddamn running he had to do (12.73 kms covered ... 5.06 kms while not in possession >>> both game highs of any player, both teams) the second half was a total mess for him

the biggest thing I noticed last night was the US had almost no presence on the wing when they had the ball. everything was right up the middle. it's very easy to defend a team that doesn't use the wings at all. you have to spread them out and open up seams to be dangerous offensively. the US didn't do that at all last night.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to see Belgium play today.

/They (like Canada) have great beer as well :thumb:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess he is supposed to control the ball the whole game...

Yes - and he SHOULD be!

Nobody is sparing the rest of the offense criticism either, but Bradley played a bad game. He was not his usual self, led the team in turnovers, and made some just ugly passes in open space. He did have a few nice defensive plays, but Jermaine Jones seemed to be the midfielder making the most impact defensively and also drew the most fouls.

I think Bradley will bounce back, but it's hard to deny he didn't play well - probably because he's bald!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest thing I noticed last night was the US had almost no presence on the wing when they had the ball. everything was right up the middle. it's very easy to defend a team that doesn't use the wings at all. you have to spread them out and open up seams to be dangerous offensively. the US didn't do that at all last night.

Yeah, too many long balls. It was very typical "American" soccer - not a good thing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dempsey-goal-1.w1120.h624.gif

Triangle button - right - left - Circle button!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any case, we WON yesterday! So, you know what that means. David Lee Roth, if you would, please.

Last edited by a moderator: