• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: World Cup Begins

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Host team now has to beat france outright for a chance to move on.

The Danes are doing their part to help though. france's practice field got flooded, and the Danes wouldn't let the french borrow theirs when they were done. Something rotten in Denmark... or Dominech just trying to deflect attention from a poor showing in game 2.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 3rd one was the worst of them, but the 2nd one really wasn't a dive

it was a hard tackle and he didnt get ball

BUT

it was blatant simulation trying to get the man a yellow. Obvious to me and thats what the Ivory Coast player was so angry about

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 3rd one was the worst of them, but the 2nd one really wasn't a dive

btw ... the yellow Ronaldo got in video 2 was for diving/simulation

he dives plus he cries

Top stars need more protection from referees than they are getting at the World Cup, Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo has complained.

Ronaldo had a frustrating time in his side's opening goalless draw with Ivory Coast in Group G, the Real Madrid star picking up a booking for diving while extending his scoring drought at international level which goes back in competitive games to before the qualifiers.

"I don't understand the decisions of the referees sometimes," said Ronaldo. "They are supposed to protect the best players."

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't cut Green any slack there, I played goalie for 8 years, and I could have made that save the first time I tried to play soccer at 5 years old. The ball is over-hyped more than anything this world cup. It's still round, and the way it bounces isn't affected, it's flight path is. Fact is, he was lazy and didn't move 2 feet over and get his body behind it, like a grounder in baseball.

And England played beter for about half the first half, and all but a few chances in the 2nd. I'm not sure what you were watching, but the ball was in the US defensive 3rd than any other part of the pitch. England either should have won or gotten what happend, a tie. But at no point did the US really deserve to win that game.

As the Swiss just illustrated, possession of the ball in the opponent's end doesn't mean you are dominating play. Much like Espana found out, if your chances are limited to weak scoring attempts, it doesn't add up to a hill of beans. England suffered a similar fate last week against the yanks.

My use of the word 'dominate' might have been a little much, but to say that the US didn't deserve to win is ludicrous. England played a poor, poor match. They had very few legit chances, and the few they did have were quickly nullified by Howard.

I liked how the US countered the English pressure with tight middle of the field defense, and a quick counter-attack. The opponent can pump in 25-30 chances a game, but if only two or three of them are real legit scoring opportunities... combined with that, going against a goalie of Howard's prowess, it doesn't mean shit.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad the US has a goalie as good as Howard. More important than the saves he made was that he gave up very few rebounds. Some of the balls he was able to keep from getting away were pretty insane.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the first hat trick of the World Cup - Higuain of Argentina (who are putting the screws to South Korea)

4-1 late in the 2nd half.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really is best to watch with the sound on

i got the sound off and Im watching Nigeria and Greece and Greece is all over Nigeria and Im thinking what the fuck is Nigeria doing sitting back with a 1 goal lead ... after about 5 mins i decide to play count the nigerians ... 9 plus the goalie ... oops red card there

1 - 1 greece ties it

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Greece scores its first ever World Cup goal.
They actually have a shot at this, with a Nigerian dude redcarded in the first half, for inexplicably kicking some Greek dude on a throw-in.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually have a shot at this, with a Nigerian dude redcarded in the first half, for inexplicably kicking some Greek dude on a throw-in.

I was surprised too, because I thought I heard the Nigerian guy (prince) offer the Greek dude 2 million dollars. I guess that works better on the internet.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obasi with a wide open miss on a 3 on 1 counterattack ... if greece doesnt win this game up a man they should fly home immediately after this one and forget the final game

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are they saying about the injured player being in an offside position on the 2 - 1 greece goal?