• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy games very often (I think I have 6 after having a Playstation3 for several years), but I did purchase The Walking Dead game (Comeds commented on it earlier). Man, what a cool game. Very original, very different. Great stylistic graphics.

If you love 1st person shooters and lots of action (which I do as well), you may get bored. But if you're a big fan of The Walking Dead, you have to get this one (especially at only $20). It's like sitting back and watching a season of an alternate Walking Dead story line that you are a part of.

I give it 4 and a half out of 5 locomotives.

you got it for the PS3? did you have any glitches with it? pauses or delays?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got it for the PS3? did you have any glitches with it? pauses or delays?

Yeah, for PS3. Downloaded. No glitches at all. It has a pause for a few seconds between scenes/chapters, but nothing that seemed out of the ordinary or made me feel like the gameplay was being disrupted. If you haven't played it, Matty, you'll love it.

Comeds - Curious if you played it another time making different choices? Worth it, or is the outcome pretty much the same?

I really liked how they compared your major choices to other gamers at the end of each episode. I noticed two things about myself. (1) I was quick to trust people that were new and give them the benefit of the doubt. (2) I was quick to kill potential enemies and group members if I thought something was going south. No sense leaving around unfinished business.

They should give you a survivor profile when the game is done. It'd be funny/interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty well into Bioshock Infinite at this point.

That game is amazing.

That's what I am playing too. I am at Soldier's Field. Very cool so far.

Comeds - Curious if you played it another time making different choices? Worth it, or is the outcome pretty much the same?

I really liked how they compared your major choices to other gamers at the end of each episode. I noticed two things about myself. (1) I was quick to trust people that were new and give them the benefit of the doubt. (2) I was quick to kill potential enemies and group members if I thought something was going south. No sense leaving around unfinished business.

They should give you a survivor profile when the game is done. It'd be funny/interesting.

I have not replayed it. There are sites that tell you what happens with other choices. It was similar if I remember correctly. I liked the comparison too.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I am playing too. I am at Soldier's Field. Very cool so far.

I'm nearly to the end at this point, probably finish it up tonight.

The whole game is excellent, but it gets REALLY good the further you get into it. Hopefully the ending won't disappoint.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nearly to the end at this point, probably finish it up tonight.

The whole game is excellent, but it gets REALLY good the further you get into it. Hopefully the ending won't disappoint.

I thought it was fantastic.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they seem to be backtracking on what they originally stated what xbox one was going to be

Your Feedback Matters ? Update on Xbox One

seems like business as usual but now you can download every game instead of buying a disc or just buy the disc.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have an old high school buddy who worked on The Walking Dead video games (the good ones, not the shitty ones). He kept trying to get me to play them, but I'm holding out till I get a computer that can handle them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Pirate DLC the only DLC you played for Borderlands 2?
The Pirate DLC is the worst of the 3. The only reason to have it is that the raid boss 'Hyperius' (sp) is fun to fight.

The Torgue DLC is the most entertaining and it gives you a machine to buy Orange Weapons assuming that you kill a bunch of 'badasses'

The Hammerlock DLC is a lot like a glorified Borderlands 1. Its very hands off with its plot points and there is a decent amount of exploration. The enemies are also significantly more varied than the other 2 DLCs and generally worth a ton of EXP.

The Hammerlock DLC is the best, imo, because if the story missions in BL2 get too difficult, you can hit the DLC for a couple of hours and come back with lots of EXP and fantastic gear (if you finish the DLC story). The other DLCs are really just there for the raid bosses.

(I have a level 61 Siren, a level 51 Gunzerker and a level 47 Zero, btw. I need a life)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea there were so many DLC I may have to reaquire this game.

The Pirate DLC is the worst of the 3. The only reason to have it is that the raid boss 'Hyperius' (sp) is fun to fight.

The Torgue DLC is the most entertaining and it gives you a machine to buy Orange Weapons assuming that you kill a bunch of 'badasses'

The Hammerlock DLC is a lot like a glorified Borderlands 1. Its very hands off with its plot points and there is a decent amount of exploration. The enemies are also significantly more varied than the other 2 DLCs and generally worth a ton of EXP.

The Hammerlock DLC is the best, imo, because if the story missions in BL2 get too difficult, you can hit the DLC for a couple of hours and come back with lots of EXP and fantastic gear (if you finish the DLC story). The other DLCs are really just there for the raid bosses.

(I have a level 61 Siren, a level 51 Gunzerker and a level 47 Zero, btw. I need a life)

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogue Legacy comes out tomorrow.

It's a sidescroller where you explore a castle until you die (and you WILL die), then you get to pick your kid from three choices, and you play as the kid until that kid dies, repeat, etc. You earn gold and spend it on equipment upgrades, rune upgrades, stat upgrades, etc. You can AND SHOULD pick up the demo from Rogue Legacy. I've been playing it for the past two days, and it's a blast. Will be available for $15 come tomorrow.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started The Last Of Us. So far its cool

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like doing this on Black Ops2 (especially when you get guys like the ones in the video who laugh along with it)...

[YOUTUBE]huCEx6lW-JA[/YOUTUBE]

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started The Last Of Us. So far its cool

I bought it but haven't played it yet. Gotta check it out sometime.

Isn't there a new post-apocalyptic type game coming out that is supposed to be stellar?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought it but haven't played it yet. Gotta check it out sometime.

Isn't there a new post-apocalyptic type game coming out that is supposed to be stellar?

I'm not sure about another one. I will look around. The Last Of Us is fantastic, fun to play and very well written.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a new The Walking Dead chapter out, the good game not the other. Its supposed to be a bridge between the first game and the upcoming 2nd.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oop, nice. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the heads up.

I bought Last of Us like a month ago, but I'm worried ill get engrossed and will become a zombie for a week. Is it kind of an open world, or is there a definite storyline/path you follow?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey assholes. It's the Steam Sale. Go spend all your money on video games, assholes.

Last edited by a moderator: