• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Video Game Geek Out

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never could get into the baseball games.
loved Borderlands 2 cant wait for the next one

interested in mass effect 3. is that a game I need to play 1 and 2 to like or understand?

Same here but the one exception was HighHeat 2002 used to play on my PC back then.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never could get into the baseball games.

loved Borderlands 2 cant wait for the next one

interested in mass effect 3. is that a game I need to play 1 and 2 to like or understand?

I played ME2 but not the first and still really liked it. I got the trilogy for Christmas, not sure which I will play first 1 or 3.

I like the "Road To The Show" mode in The Show baseball game. You start out in the minors and work your way up if you do well. Its pretty much the only part of the game I play but I love it.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured that I try to get into MLB games again, that's why I picked up an older version. Hitting is exactly my issue. It's almost like you have to be a decent baseball player to be able to play them now.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured that I try to get into MLB games again, that's why I picked up an older version. Hitting is exactly my issue. It's almost like you have to be a decent baseball player to be able to play them now.

Yeah but dont try PEDs. I go on a strict steroid regimen about a month before the games come out and I still cannot hit.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but dont try PEDs. I go on a strict steroid regimen about a month before the games come out and I still cannot hit.

I use deer antler spray for Madden. Not sure if it helps, but I freeze like no other in headlights.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this game is fun. you cant just go blazing into areas, you make enough noise you get overrun with zombies and once a small group grabs you its over. lots of sneaking around. pretty cool so far

I definitely do enjoy those "sneaky" games. Splinter Cell may still be my fav, even though I could never beat it. Lack of ability/attention span of Sean Avery..

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting near the end of the co-op campaign of Dead Space 3.

Hasn't been as good as the first two games, but once it gets moving a bit it's a pretty solid game. Still manages to make you shit your pants every once and a while.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question: My wife is getting into Xbox games recently. She's interested in the Left for Dead series. Is there a way that we can knock the difficulty down on it? She gets frustrated easily and takes it out on me. ;(

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question: My wife is getting into Xbox games recently. She's interested in the Left for Dead series. Is there a way that we can knock the difficulty down on it? She gets frustrated easily and takes it out on me. ;(

isnt there an easy setting? that game is nuts when you have it on highest.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt there an easy setting? that game is nuts when you have it on highest.

She picked up Assassins Creed III the other day and got stuck about halfway through. I don't want her to become discouraged.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She picked up Assassins Creed III the other day and got stuck about halfway through. I don't want her to become discouraged.

ive tried to get my wife into some...... just no luck. are you playing coop with her on L4D? you could just be a defensive perimeter around her until she gets the hang of it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ive tried to get my wife into some...... just no luck. are you playing coop with her on L4D? you could just be a defensive perimeter around her until she gets the hang of it.

Yeah, L4D is not a great starting point for a noob. Even on lower difficulties the sheer volume of zombies makes it a challenge.

Borderlands can be done with split screen co-op. I would suggest that as a somewhat easier alternative to get her into the FPS genre, while still giving you the ability to help out on the split screen.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, L4D is not a great starting point for a noob. Even on lower difficulties the sheer volume of zombies makes it a challenge.

Borderlands can be done with split screen co-op. I would suggest that as a somewhat easier alternative to get her into the FPS genre, while still giving you the ability to help out on the split screen.

borderlands also is easier as when you kill things she would get XP to get stronger faster

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
borderlands also is easier as when you kill things she would get XP to get stronger faster

You can use the quick level up option too of joining the in-progress game of someone who is WAAAAYYYY above your level. You get no mission credit, but each kill they get (while you hide safely out of the way) will level you up, sometimes several levels.

Did that to level up a couple of additional characters (not my primary). Joined them to a game of a level 50-something friend. Leveled up to level 10 after about 8 of his kills.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah this game is fun. you cant just go blazing into areas, you make enough noise you get overrun with zombies and once a small group grabs you its over. lots of sneaking around. pretty cool so far

this game is MEH.... just doesnt change nor get any more interesting. it could have been so much more. wait till its really cheap.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this game is MEH.... just doesnt change nor get any more interesting. it could have been so much more. wait till its really cheap.

I have such a backlog on games that I'm waiting on even some of my favorite series (Gears of War, God of War <--- that was totally not intentional that they had such similar names).

Wouldn't play them for 6 months anyhow when the price would be cut in half anyways.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can use the quick level up option too of joining the in-progress game of someone who is WAAAAYYYY above your level. You get no mission credit, but each kill they get (while you hide safely out of the way) will level you up, sometimes several levels.

Did that to level up a couple of additional characters (not my primary). Joined them to a game of a level 50-something friend. Leveled up to level 10 after about 8 of his kills.

On BL2, I believe the rest of the world levels with you though. For example, if I'm at a point in the game where I should be around level 15 and I'm actually a 40, I think that all the baddies will be around 40 too, right?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On BL2, I believe the rest of the world levels with you though. For example, if I'm at a point in the game where I should be around level 15 and I'm actually a 40, I think that all the baddies will be around 40 too, right?

Not sure in BL2.

That's on my above-referenced backlog.