• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teachers, government reach tentative deal in labour dispute

will be interesting to see the details

hopefully it gets done ... we are scraping the barrel for activities for our son ... hes going to a "discover architecture" class today

at the least, he can use it as a pickup line on the 6 year old girls when they finally get back to school

George-costanza.jpg

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ms CC 'Glider' wasn't gonna miss out on her trip to marvel-louse Mumbai and bootyfull Bangalore just because Fartsbender wanted to make a name for himself. Hello Bollywood !!

cThe real mockery is that the Re-form-errs call themselves Liberals in BC, and Conservatives federally - when they're really just Social Credit-rehashed Bennett's and Manning's - the last generation(s) of which, got themselves turfed-out for corrupt and over-bearing regimes - a lass and a lack, only to come back to power, with different 'stolen' party names, a few years later. We is so smart.

16 days 'til it actually starts counting - 6 'til the fur starts flying.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me your tired, your huddled masses and your millions (lol)

According to a study from Barclays and Ledbury Research, which polled more than 2,000 people worth $1.5 million or more from 17 countries, 47 percent of Chinese millionaires plan to emigrate, while another 20 percent said they don't know if they will move.

When asked why they are leaving China, 78 percent of respondents in the Barclays and Ledbury study said they were seeking "better educational/employment opportunities" for their kids. Seventy-three percent said they were looking for "economic security" and 72 percent said they wanted a "desirable climate." Their top destinations are Hong Kong, Canada and the U.S.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-millionaires-plan-leave-droves-181502804.html

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Dasher - You've more than fulfilled your bet obligation now and can bring back your own avatar.

Or have you grown attached to the new one? ;)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Dasher - You've more than fulfilled your bet obligation now and can bring back your own avatar.

Or have you grown attached to the new one? ;)

lol - I'll keep this one until opening night of the new NHL season.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the least, he can use it as a pickup line on the 6 year old girls when they finally get back to school

and just to clarify, since i know comeds was probably thinking it ... My son is not 16 years old ... he is 6

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a pro d-day already on Monday Dash. dont want them to give that up now. what with all the work they have been doing

Now I just read an article where a Victoria teacher is urging teachers to vote 'No' on this tentative deal (even though Jim Iker Casillas says to take the deal)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I just read an article where a Victoria teacher is urging teachers to vote 'No' on this tentative deal (even though Jim Iker Casillas says to take the deal)

i read the same one. why is one teacher getting so much attention in that?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i read the same one. why is one teacher getting so much attention in that?

yup I saw that teachers rant tweeted by the pimply faced spokesperson dude from the Cdn Taxpayers Federation Jordan Bateman ... he's full snark lol

The more I read about the BCTF deal, the better I like it from a taxpayer POV. This teacher shows how well gov did.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
86% of teachers voted yes, kids back in class on Monday

/except for Surrey, they start Tuesday

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
86% of teachers voted yes, kids back in class on Monday

/except for Surrey, they start Tuesday

delayed start because they need to do a full sweep of school grounds in surrey and remove all needles and condoms

:bolt:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver police are warning visitors to be vigilant after a handful of incidents in which people dressed up like police officers stop tourists, demand to see their passports and wallets, and make off with their cash.

The Vancouver Police Department said six incidents have been reported over the past two days. Police said the phoney officers, who seem to be targeting Asian tourists, even flash fake badges.

"After a few minutes, the passports and wallets were returned to the victims, but their money was missing," the VPD said in a written statement.

All six incidents have taken place in downtown Vancouver in the area near Waterfront Station, police said.

Real police officers should be able to produce police photo identification when requested.

The department is asking anyone with information about the thefts to call 911.

Anyone who doubts the identity of a police officer can also call 911 to have the operator confirm the officer's status, the VPD said.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/phony-cops-scam-money-tourists-051130978.html

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost all of Vindaloo-ver is 'on camera' - either this is an urban legend or someone's turning a blind-eye. As an aside, there was a 'story' on the 'wire-services' a few months ago, that upward of 70% of the cs cameras in any N.Am. City, weren't working, or had anyone actually watching them. Police-work, is becoming very much after the fact, and a very lucrative, and p

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...political operation - just look at all the former cops in Parliament. 911 only seems to have added to the problems.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and no, I don't mean 09/11. And yes, the Can'tucks will be declaring a 'building-season' sometime before New Year's Day as both Western Conference divisions are going to be absolute meat-grinders, this season - with the SC going east, with the west just being too beat up to do anything but fart.

G.Ari says... it's time for a 'New' Cup winner. Just wait 'til everyone figures out that he means Les Sabres.