• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: UFC 149

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watching the fights tonight?

Shawn Jordan looks terrible against a sloppy Kongo.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. The card is pretty poor to warrant watching. Dana White even said 149 was the worst, most random mish-mash of a card he's ever put together.

Although, there are times when the "nobody" fighters are the ones who have FOTN worthy brawls, so I'm going to wait for some reviews of the card, and if I hear good things I might watch an illega... errr... I mean... 100% lawful rebroadcast.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an awful card. I missed the good fights apparently, but the last 4 fights were not what i expected at all. The one thing i like about Dana White is he says what's on his mind. He's not trying to fool anybody into thinking it was a good card when it wasn't. I've never heard so many boos from the crowd.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty bad. I question how much Faber has left in him. He had plenty of chances to pull the trigger and take it to Barao, but for whatever reason he always hesitated then pulled back. It was awful watching 25 minutes of Faber doing nothing to win and Barao just doing enough to score and win. It was like neither man wanted to go for the kill at any point.

On another note, Faber has either really lost his quickness or just sucks at takedowns period. He was getting beat on his feat and yet rarely did he look to clinch and go for takedowns. Barao would throw a wild spinning head kick giving Faber his back in the process, but Faber never seized on it. He just looked slow the whole fight.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last couple of cards have been pretty bad all around. Dana White needs to do something to get these guys to try and finish. Lombard comes in after destroying everyone in his path and he just sits there for three rounds. Sure the talent is better overall in the UFC, but Boesch was doing nothing and Lombard still sat back.

I actually fast forwarded through most of the fights because they were so boring. I am tired of these guys coming in and just trying to smother the other guy. I think a lot of the wrestlers who come over need to wait until they step up to the bigger fights. This way their hands can catch up to the ground game a little and they won't lay and pray so much or hold a guy against the fence for three rounds.

Doobie.... most of the time it's the undercard fighters who put on the best show. They have something to prove and really go all out. The bigger names seem to all be fighting to not lose and it is making some very boring fights. I am hoping that the next card is good. With it being a FOX broadcast, and back to back mediocre (at best) cards, Dana will hopefully motivate these guys a little bit.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last couple of cards have been pretty bad all around. Dana White needs to do something to get these guys to try and finish. Lombard comes in after destroying everyone in his path and he just sits there for three rounds. Sure the talent is better overall in the UFC, but Boesch was doing nothing and Lombard still sat back.

I actually fast forwarded through most of the fights because they were so boring. I am tired of these guys coming in and just trying to smother the other guy. I think a lot of the wrestlers who come over need to wait until they step up to the bigger fights. This way their hands can catch up to the ground game a little and they won't lay and pray so much or hold a guy against the fence for three rounds.

Doobie.... most of the time it's the undercard fighters who put on the best show. They have something to prove and really go all out. The bigger names seem to all be fighting to not lose and it is making some very boring fights. I am hoping that the next card is good. With it being a FOX broadcast, and back to back mediocre (at best) cards, Dana will hopefully motivate these guys a little bit.

Exactly.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it was definitely the most pathetic card i have seen in a long time. At least Dana White acknowledged it. You have to give him so credit for that. Joe Silva picks the fights and he usually does a really good job. There is always going to be a chance that bad cards will pop up.

Sadly i have a feeling Shogun vs Vera will be a lame fight. Either we get the bad ass Shogun we got used to for a while who probably KO's Vera quickly, or we get a boring Shogun vs an less explosive Vera. Bader vs Machida should be an excellent match, though. I'm not quite sure why it's not the main event to be honest.

Most of the guys on top of their weight classes right now are dominant fighters. Junior Dos Santos, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP, and Jose Aldo are all dominant guys who need tougher competition. Will we ever see Silva vs Jon Jones or GSP? Or will it be the Mayweather vs Pacquiao of MMA?