• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: This is so freaking COOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is cool or creepy, but someone has been leaving pumpkins outside my house. I first gone one that was carved with a tea light in it and everything on the day the wheels were stolen off my bike, and last night, after my bike was stolen, I went outside to find several pumpkins, all painted, some elaborately, sitting in my front yard in the shape of a heart.

What is going on here?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this is cool or creepy, but someone has been leaving pumpkins outside my house. I first gone one that was carved with a tea light in it and everything on the day the wheels were stolen off my bike, and last night, after my bike was stolen, I went outside to find several pumpkins, all painted, some elaborately, sitting in my front yard in the shape of a heart.

What is going on here?
Well that is odd. Sadly it might be one of these options, who are behind it:

Radass-Daily-Pics-037-1-1.jpg

or
morning_picdump_2037_640_50.jpg

or

7d3d1f0935fc159f457b68d16626d04e.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is going on here?
And BTW....It is not me even though we are facing each other in the fantasy hockey league this week. :suds:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, my stars, I can't stop watching. It gets funnier every loop.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after my bike was stolen,

Condolences, bro. What the hell is it with stealing bikes these days? My sister's had two, and they were both stolen. Her last one she got in the summer - she intentionally bought a crappy-looking bike but invested in a good locking mechanism...only to have it stolen on campus before school even began. :L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condolences, bro. What the hell is it with stealing bikes these days? My sister's had two, and they were both stolen. Her last one she got in the summer - she intentionally bought a crappy-looking bike but invested in a good locking mechanism...only to have it stolen on campus before school even began. :L

Easily pawned or sold and not easily tracked down. A lot of owners don't track serial numbers.

Plus, if you get caught, it's often just a misdemeanor.

And there are a lot of soulless twats who deserve to have a thousand scorpions lay eggs inside their genitals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mine is legitimately a gorgeous bike, so unlike your sister's, it was an obvious target. But it does suck, regardless of the quality of the bike.

Easily pawned or sold and not easily tracked down. A lot of owners don't track serial numbers.

Plus, if you get caught, it's often just a misdemeanor.

And there are a lot of soulless twats who deserve to have a thousand scorpions lay eggs inside their genitals.

The cutoff for misdemeanors here is $1000, and while my bike is pretty nice, it's not $1000 nice, so it's the case here that it's a misdemeanor. But if he gets caught, I at least get my bike back, even if he damaged it, because he's obligated to reimburse me.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is legitimately a gorgeous bike, so unlike your sister's, it was an obvious target. But it does suck, regardless of the quality of the bike.

The cutoff for misdemeanors here is $1000, and while my bike is pretty nice, it's not $1000 nice, so it's the case here that it's a misdemeanor. But if he gets caught, I at least get my bike back, even if he damaged it, because he's obligated to reimburse me.
Yeah, but what do you suppose the odds are that a guy who's running around stealing bikes in broad daylight really has the money to reimburse you?

He probably drank, poked, or smoked it all.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but what do you suppose the odds are that a guy who's running around stealing bikes in broad daylight really has the money to reimburse you?

He probably drank, poked, or smoked it all.

That's a fair point.

Really, best case is that I recover the actual bike.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think it's the same here. Maybe 1500. You can spend that much on a commuter bike, but typically the people dropping the crazy cash on bikes don't leave them chained anywhere for more than 15 minutes. I don't let my main road bike out of my sight. I've walked it through stores before.

I use a U-lock when it's on my car rack. And my car rack is leashed to my car with the lock is inside the trunk. But I am one of those nutjobs who paid several grand, soooo

Thieves target the commuter bikes because the opportunity is there more often, and the likelihood it goes above misdemeanor is low.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know why. Just felt like making you all uncomfortable.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change "type=gifv" to "type=gif" so the rest of us can feel uncomfortable. :)

I don't change my ways for your outdated computer.

Neither will she.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source.gif

Boozman was partying hard with his win.

Status
Not open for further replies.