• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have mentioned a few times in the drives you nuts thread a goalie kid who is a little asshole, and his parents are deserving of every horribly obnoxious name you can imagine for them.

Last house season, he got moved "up" because no coach wanted to deal with him and his friend who was on my team wanted to move up with him. Then at the end of the year these two parents got together and tried to cherry pick all the best kids to form a pond hockey team and caused a ton of fights in just about every locker room in the house league because some were asked and some were not.

That team, made up of all Select and above players registered in the "Lower" pond hockey bracket that was for "all beginners to intermediate players" and our team with 2 travel players, 4 select and the rest all house played in the "Upper" division that was supposedly for teams with all select or above players.

So - asshole kid, doesn't listen and hasn't won a house game in goal in 4 years. Every defenseman in the organization prefers not to play with him. His buddy who hated playing in "minor" because I guess he felt it was beneath him, even though it was age appropriate. Two sets of potentially "swinging" parents who think that their snowflakes deserve to win above everything lie to get their kids playing against lesser competition for spring time hockey. That's the story of spring.

The kid is so hated that the coaches are ALREADY meeting to discuss which ones of us will switch organizations if the kid comes back, and who just won't coach if he gets assigned to their team.

The Coach of the single A team, whose son is on my pond hockey team, has asked me to come and work with his goalie next year because he is "a bit rough". Talking with him, I find out it's this asshole kid. I politely decline and say I will focus on working with the goalies in house.

Just got a phone call from a friend who informed me that asshole kid made the single A team in a different organization as goalie. The same organization that tried to get me to have my son try out for them because they had no one in the 02 age group that wanted to play goal full time. But they are too far to be practical.

So YAAAAY! No more dealing with this asshole kid, his douchebag parents or his obnoxious little shit friend and *his* douchebag parents any more. Because that organization says if you play travel AND want to play house also for ice time, you have to play their org. They will surely play together.

So we get to play against them next season. If my son is in net against him, there will be a goalie fight. And EVERY kid in our organization who will shoot at his head. I guarantee it.

And I am going to get to work with the single A goalies, which makes me happy. We have about four who will try out. None wanted to last year because they figured this kid would make it, and none wanted to play with him.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
43, have you seen this?

1976-hunt-vs-lauda.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43, have you seen this?

1976-hunt-vs-lauda.jpg

I have not. I saw Ron Howard's movie, but I am assuming that is a documentary of some sort? Will look for it.

I was too young to know all of the story, but there were some people who blasted Howard for some of the same "creative license" that I blasted Miracle for.

I'll look for that, thanks.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you! While I admit it added to the story, I didn't think they had talking cars back then.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 Jokes Only Grammar Nerds Will Understand

I don't really care much if someone uses bad grammar, it certainly wouldn't ruin my day like some others on this planet. That being said I actually understood all of these heh.... to funny :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could volunteer myself at like age 70 to just get launched into whatever that thing is in the center of the Milky Way. lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could volunteer myself at like age 70 to just get launched into whatever that thing is in the center of the Milky Way. lol

im surprised you didnt sign up for the one way trip to Mars

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I have not. I saw Ron Howard's movie, but I am assuming that is a documentary of some sort? Will look for it.

I was too young to know all of the story, but there were some people who blasted Howard for some of the same "creative license" that I blasted Miracle for.

I'll look for that, thanks.

Just a 45 minute documentary on NetFlix.
I haven't seen Rush, so the story was new to me

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im surprised you didnt sign up for the one way trip to Mars

Sly could be a spaceship superstar with a solar powered laser beam guitar.

/Man, I'm dating myself (lol)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Zoom Zoom goes boom boom.

/That Mazda rocks!

Last edited by a moderator: