• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Things we find freaking neat but no place to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Boomer.

The NFL analyst and radio host, along with his partner, Craig Carton, are catching a lot of heat for their stances on New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy leaving the team to be with his wife in Florida following the birth of the couple’s son. Murphy has the right to paternity leave under baseball’s collective bargaining agreement, but that didn’t stop Boomer and Carton from questioning why the player is leaving the team after the birth.

Esiason took it one step further by claiming he would have his wife have a C-section so that he wouldn’t miss any playing time.

“Bottom line, that’s not me,” Esiason said on his morning radio show. “I wouldn’t do that. Quite frankly, I would have said ‘C-section before the season starts. I need to be at Opening Day. I’m sorry, this is what makes our money, this is how we’re going to live our life, this is going to give my child every opportunity to be a success in life.’”

Coming from someone who has done yeoman’s work raising money for cystic fibrosis in the name of his son, Gunnar, a graduate of Boston College, that insensitivity seems misguided.

Murphy can take up to three days paternity leave, but you can probably consider it a medical leave as well. Three days away from the Mets is likely considered mental therapy.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Boomer.

The NFL analyst and radio host, along with his partner, Craig Carton, are catching a lot of heat for their stances on New York Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy leaving the team to be with his wife in Florida following the birth of the couple’s son. Murphy has the right to paternity leave under baseball’s collective bargaining agreement, but that didn’t stop Boomer and Carton from questioning why the player is leaving the team after the birth.

Esiason took it one step further by claiming he would have his wife have a C-section so that he wouldn’t miss any playing time.

“Bottom line, that’s not me,” Esiason said on his morning radio show. “I wouldn’t do that. Quite frankly, I would have said ‘C-section before the season starts. I need to be at Opening Day. I’m sorry, this is what makes our money, this is how we’re going to live our life, this is going to give my child every opportunity to be a success in life.’”

Coming from someone who has done yeoman’s work raising money for cystic fibrosis in the name of his son, Gunnar, a graduate of Boston College, that insensitivity seems misguided.

Murphy can take up to three days paternity leave, but you can probably consider it a medical leave as well. Three days away from the Mets is likely considered mental therapy.

Soo funny :rollseyes: :L :lol:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gold 43, gold.

I worked as a recruiter for a brief time while taking some IT classes, and occasionally would help fill warehouse jobs. The applications had a "nickname" part, and when we were calling people for interviews we were encouraged to ask for people by that nickname. And one of the offices was downtown downtown.

It did not go well.

"Hi, can I speak to G-Money please?"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
huh. apparently the kid's not a fan of Uruk-Hai

BkVKgBoIEAIvSYx.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash